Author Topic: IO Monroe gun info  (Read 2316 times)

Offline jeepjockey

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Newber
IO Monroe gun info
« on: June 07, 2015, 07:53:25 PM »
 clap1
I don't know how to post on here yet, but I'll learn. My Chinese SKS has a serial#135185 a circled k mark and a triangle mark,no number,and has a 3/4 circle with a little squiggle in the middle. I believe it is a 1957?. It is in excellent condition with all matching numbers inside and out. The metal is very smooth, stock in very good condition. I.O Arms, Monroe,NC importer. Any help?
Thanks, jeepjockey
jj59

Offline running-man

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Sniper
  • The only way to avoid Mosin #2 is avoid Mosin #1!
Re: IO Monroe gun info
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2015, 08:18:38 PM »
Hi Jeep.  I split this topic from the original as yours has nothing to do with a 10 mil /26\ being discussed in that thread.

You likely have an early Chinese ghost.  While it could be a '57, the data says it's more than likely a 1956 built gun.  Post up some photos and people will be able to tell you a bit more about it.  Also read up some of the stickies, especially:

Recent CAI, IO, & TGI Chinese Type 56 Imports Guide in Chinese SKS (Military) - Page 1 of 1
and
Q: When was my Chinese Type 56 SKS made? in Chinese SKS (Military) - Page 1 of 2

Offline Loose}{Cannon

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Sniper
  • Constitutional Extremist
Re: IO Monroe gun info
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2015, 08:46:43 PM »
Def a 1956..  my estimated threshold for the 1957 ghosts is about the 160,000 mark based on estimated production numbers and Jianshe receiving the /26\ in April 57.

1776 will commence again if you try to take our firearms... It doesn't matter how many Lenins you get out on the street begging for them to be taken.