Author Topic: 25% Winchester rebates on white box target ammo  (Read 477 times)

Online running-man

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Sniper
  • The only way to avoid Mosin #2 is avoid Mosin #1!
25% Winchester rebates on white box target ammo
« on: August 17, 2023, 05:35:29 PM »
Has anyone bought anything under the new Winchester rebate program that was just announced a few days ago?  SGAmmo blasted out a bunch of email 'specials' which after cutting out up to 70 UPC symbols (!!!), filling out the Winchester claim form, mailing everything in, and waiting 2-3 months, you *might* get a max of $150 back (25% off $600 of ammo exclusive of shipping and taxes).

I've never liked rebates as they already have your money and the incentive to reject a rebate on a technicality (photocopies not accepted, your receipt is illegible, you mailed it in two days beyond the deadline, this item is not covered under the rebate, etc.) is pretty high so they can pocket the sale at regular prices.

Having said that, Sam had this nugget:
This listing lets you make one purchase to maximize Winchester's 25% Rebate up to a maximum $150 for this product. It works as follows...20 rounds per box, 70 boxes per sale of this item composed as 1 case of 50 boxes plus 20 extra boxes. 70 boxes @ $8.59 each = $601.30 x 25% = $150.32, maximizing your rebate to the full $150 limit. This effectively nets you 1400 rounds of ammo for $451.30, which is $0.323 per round (equal to $323 per 1000 with free shipping, plus sales tax where applicable).

After taxes for me, I'd be looking at ~$0.37 per round to my door which I honestly haven't seen for quite a while on green tip 5.56. 

Just wanted to hear member input on this one.  All the major ammo shops are touting it as I got an email from Ammoman the other day and the dropdown box on the Winchester website shows darn near everyone I can think of that sells ammo.

Offline Greatguns

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Trade Count: (+22)
  • Sniper
  • Inventor of the Intrafuse folding adapter.
Re: 25% Winchester rebates on white box target ammo
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2023, 11:40:37 PM »
I saw that, but 9mm is not in the group of eligible items.  :(
I may still pick up some 5.56 though.
My Avatar is a pic of the real "Ghost" SKS in honor of xxxsks(joe). It is a pic of a fully decked out SKS in Capco hunter's kit. This was mine, the only other pic I had ever seen of one was Joe's.

Offline Phosphorus32

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Sniper
  • Send lawyers guns and money...uh, skip the lawyers
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2023, 05:21:09 AM »
I don’t like rebates either, because I know I often don’t have the perseverance to jump through the hoops. So maybe more of a personal shortcoming issue  rofl

Regardless, I figure rebates are a good sign that inventory is high at Winchester  thumb1 and hopefully at other ammunition manufacturers that I like more.

Online running-man

• Administrator
  • Sniper
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2023, 10:48:43 AM »
You're in the golden age of 9mm GG.  At around $260 to $270 per 1000 round case, I don't see it getting all that much cheaper.  Remember that when we had the severe ammo shortages back in '16-'20, *all* pistol rounds were $0.50+/round if you could even find them... 

When the next bout of inflation hits, we'll look back fondly at today's ammo prices (remember, energy always leads the inflation train and with diesel topping $4.25 a gallon now here in NM going into the winter heating season, I suspect we'll see $5.00 a gallon before too long.  Natural gas is almost at $4.00/million BTU and the cold season has yet to even start, we may see $12/mmBTU spot prices if this winter is really harsh like some believe it will be)

I think P32 is definitely on to something in that Winchester is only offering such a large rebate due to the fact that they have *way* too much inventory already on the shelves of the retailers (hence retailers aren't buying more from the factory) and they need to drain it ASAP, but the only way to drain inventory that has already sold and is a set (high) price is to rebate it.  That's a double edged sword: good for now because who doesn't like seeing "35 cents" per round M855?  Bad for later because any future batch of M855 will be much more than that for the factory to turn a profit or at least break even.

Once demand falls due to high prices the retailers can't sell & make their profit and/or the manufacturers can't sell and make their profit.  Eventually one or both start going under/get bought out, the industry consolidates, and only the retailers/manufacturers that can make a profit at lower prices remain.

Bottom line is we are in one of those golden ages of ammo where selection, availability, and price are all fairly reasonable but it won't last forever.

Online running-man

• Administrator
  • Sniper
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2023, 10:38:15 PM »
SGAmmo newsletter for this weekend has an interesting deal that also is eligible for this rebate:

https://www.sgammo.com/product/223-556mm-ammo/1000-round-case-556mm-55-grain-fmj-ammo-loose-made-lake-city-winchester-sp21-0

Quote from: SGAmmo
1000 Round Case - 5.56mm 55 Grain FMJ Ammo Loose - Made by Lake City for Winchester - SP21114 - WM193500

$379.95 Each - Free Shipping

For all the doubters on the forums and other ammo dealer(s) willing to write libel (Libel is illegal by the way) on those forums trying to cast doubt on this deal... Yes this is Winchester branded ammo with the SKU # WM193500, yes it comes in virgin Winchester packaging with the 2 UPC codes on the 2x500 round boxes required for the rebate, yes it does qualify for the rebate, yes I bought it directly from Winchester, yes it is a legitimate offer, and NO it was not sourced from some sort of shady 3rd party offer... How do I beat the competition by $50 to $100 per 1000?...That's my secret that I use to benefit the clients buying from SGAmmo. Stack it deep while it is selling cheap!

This qualifies for the 25% off Winchester rebate which would be $94.98 making it $284.97 delivered, assuming you have not already cashed in on that offer. After the rebate, that is as cheap or cheaper than 5.56 sold for during the bottom of the market depression in 2019 considering this is a FREE SHIPPING offer, with no hidden cost other than sales tax where applicable, and a few small $ optional costs in checkout. Winchester will be selling at a net loss if you cash in that rebate on this offer. Even without the rebate this is an amazing deal. Notice: Pictures show the packing configuration for WM1931000 which is 1000 rounds loose in a case, however this ammo comes as 2x500 round loose packed Winchester branded boxes with the UPC codes required for the rebate within the factory Winchester case. The ammo itself is the same stuff. We did not have time to take pictures as this came in minutes before close this past Friday. Also, The factory does the round count  by weight and by that nature the count is typically a few rounds off more or less. Cases may be more or less 20 rounds, luck of the draw on this issue.

It’s not mil spec / green tip, but sub $0.30/round ammo is hard to come by these days.
Only two UPCs to send in is a definite plus.  thumb1