Author Topic: Magazine loaders for 7.62x39 or, have you ever tried...  (Read 371 times)

Offline Greatguns

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Trade Count: (+22)
  • Sniper
  • Inventor of the Intrafuse folding adapter.
Magazine loaders for 7.62x39 or, have you ever tried...
« on: January 03, 2023, 05:35:43 PM »
Has anyone ever tried using the Chinese AK stripper clip loaders on AR mags that take the x39 round? Or put another way...

Has anyone who has an AR chambered in 7.62x39 ever tried using the AK-47 loading tool, that allows for loading with SKS stripper clips, to load their AR mags?

I ask because I am thinking about switching over to the AR mag-well module for my Ruger American Ranch so I can use AR mags, instead of the more difficult to insert and more expensive Mini-30 mags. Thought it would be nice if this tool works so as to make it easier to load the AR mags.

Here's a pic of what I mean

My Avatar is a pic of the real "Ghost" SKS in honor of xxxsks(joe). It is a pic of a fully decked out SKS in Capco hunter's kit. This was mine, the only other pic I had ever seen of one was Joe's.

Offline firstchoice

• Ozarks Ridge Runner
  • BATTLEFIELD COMMISSION
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Sharp-Shooter
  • "The Rolling W"-A.E.F. 89th Division-WW1-1917-1918
Re: Magazine loaders for 7.62x39 or, have you ever tried...
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2023, 09:29:41 PM »
I've used the pictured AK-mag loaders on the AK mags before but not on the AR mags. Since I started using the Israeli MagLula on my AK mags, I quit trying to use the stripper clip loading method for AK mags. I'm pretty sure they made a loader for the AR style mags, too. I don't know if you tried that MagLula, or not?
Just throwing that out there, GG!   thumb1

firstchoice