Author Topic: Speaking of Chinese RPK-style rifles...  (Read 14941 times)

Offline Greatguns

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Trade Count: (+22)
  • Sniper
  • Inventor of the Intrafuse folding adapter.
Re: Speaking of Chinese RPK-style rifles...
« Reply #40 on: September 26, 2020, 10:07:49 AM »
I know the Type 81 and the Kalashnikov are two very different animals, but I wonder if the furniture is interchangeable at all? I've been looking for a set of Chinese Type 84/RPK-style furniture since, forever, with no luck. I don't know if stock sets could be legally imported from Canada?  I'd do it in a heartbeat, if so.  thumb1  It would return my NHM-91 to it's original glory.

firstchoice

I just bought a scrubbed Laminated Russian SKS stock off of Ebay from Canada so for furniture, it may be possible.
My Avatar is a pic of the real "Ghost" SKS in honor of xxxsks(joe). It is a pic of a fully decked out SKS in Capco hunter's kit. This was mine, the only other pic I had ever seen of one was Joe's.

Online Bob_The_Student

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Sharp-Shooter
« Reply #41 on: September 26, 2020, 01:51:50 PM »
Was that the 3 figure one that was posted?

Offline Greatguns

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Sniper
« Reply #42 on: September 26, 2020, 05:22:23 PM »
Was that the 3 figure one that was posted?

Yeah, IIRC it was $103 and change USD complete with hardware and matching laminate HG. He had hardwood SKS stocks for $60 + shipping as well, but they may be all gone by now. Point on this thread, of course, is that it came from Canada so RPK furniture from Canada may be a possibility.
My Avatar is a pic of the real "Ghost" SKS in honor of xxxsks(joe). It is a pic of a fully decked out SKS in Capco hunter's kit. This was mine, the only other pic I had ever seen of one was Joe's.

Offline Cupid

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rifleman
« Reply #43 on: September 26, 2020, 06:08:38 PM »
I know the Type 81 and the Kalashnikov are two very different animals, but I wonder if the furniture is interchangeable at all? I've been looking for a set of Chinese Type 84/RPK-style furniture since, forever, with no luck. I don't know if stock sets could be legally imported from Canada?  I'd do it in a heartbeat, if so.  thumb1  It would return my NHM-91 to it's original glory.

firstchoice

Not yet, but maybe soon.
THE WELDER GIVETH AND THE FILE TAKETH AWAY

ARSE~!

Offline Cupid

• Rifleman
« Reply #44 on: September 26, 2020, 06:48:56 PM »
There has been some quality issues with the type 81 folder, but a friend should soon have his type 81 LMG.  I'm on the fence until I know if the issues have been sorted.

ARSE~!

Offline firstchoice

• Ozarks Ridge Runner
  • BATTLEFIELD COMMISSION
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Sharp-Shooter
  • "The Rolling W"-A.E.F. 89th Division-WW1-1917-1918
« Reply #45 on: September 30, 2020, 04:19:52 AM »

firstchoice

Not yet, but maybe soon.

You members from Canada... thumb1... In the recent past, have your importers been bringing in parts and accessories for the Kalashnikov rifles? Specifically, replacement NOS or BFPU stock sets for the Chinese AKM's and/or the Type 81? I'm needing a NOS Chinese (full) stock set for the AKM and the Type 84/RPK-style "clubfoot" stock set.

I want to stay with the original Chinese manufactured stock sets rather than "something that would fit".

Thanks in advance for inquiring about it , if you will.

firstchoice

Offline Cupid

• Rifleman
« Reply #46 on: September 30, 2020, 01:04:30 PM »

ARSE~!

Offline Justin Hell

• Bubba/Purist Flip Flopper
  • BATTLEFIELD COMMISSION
  • Trade Count: (+7)
  • Sniper
  • First Restore... Then Bubba.
« Reply #47 on: September 30, 2020, 02:00:19 PM »
This is madness. Sold for $ 37,375 USD   :o

https://www.rockislandauction.com/detail/77/1817/very-rare-norinco-model-313-semiautomatic-rifle
:o
I think by the time I got to that kind of gun collecting...I would already have more tanks in my yard than parking spots in the driveway. My daily driver would be a Sherman.

Offline Bacarnal

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Trade Count: (+7)
  • Sharp-Shooter
  • SQUIRREL!!! Camp Lejuene Water Survivor.
« Reply #48 on: October 04, 2020, 11:04:34 AM »
Agree with Justin, though mine would be a Stuart (M3 or M5) or a Hellcat.  Gotta worry about the fuel thumb1.

Offline Larry D.

• Bitter, Clinging Deplorable
  • Trade Count: (+12)
  • Sharp-Shooter
  • Do the next right thing.
« Reply #49 on: October 04, 2020, 04:28:53 PM »
No love for the King Tiger?
Η ΤΑΝ Η ΕΠΙ ΤΑΣ
-------------------

Thou shalt not test me.
Mood 24:7

Offline Phosphorus32

• Administrator
  • Sniper
  • Send lawyers guns and money...uh, skip the lawyers
« Reply #50 on: October 07, 2020, 12:50:33 PM »

It's a gas hog, as the Germans found out. I'm waiting for the hybrid version  :o rofl

Offline Larry D.

• Bitter, Clinging Deplorable
  • Trade Count: (+12)
  • Sharp-Shooter
  • Do the next right thing.
« Reply #51 on: October 07, 2020, 04:22:43 PM »

It's a gas hog, as the Germans found out. I'm waiting for the hybrid version  :o rofl

King Prius?

You might  have something there..... clap1
Η ΤΑΝ Η ΕΠΙ ΤΑΣ
-------------------

Thou shalt not test me.
Mood 24:7

Offline firstchoice

• Ozarks Ridge Runner
  • BATTLEFIELD COMMISSION
  • Sharp-Shooter
« Reply #52 on: October 09, 2020, 01:36:21 AM »
The armored museum at Ft. Knox was really great to go through. About every tank on the list there. There was a huge German behemoth that dwarfed the King Tiger. Don't remember its name.

firstchoice

Offline Phosphorus32

• Administrator
  • Sniper
« Reply #53 on: October 09, 2020, 05:04:25 AM »
The armored museum at Ft. Knox was really great to go through. About every tank on the list there. There was a huge German behemoth that dwarfed the King Tiger. Don't remember its name.

firstchoice

Elefant?

Offline firstchoice

• Ozarks Ridge Runner
  • BATTLEFIELD COMMISSION
  • Sharp-Shooter
« Reply #54 on: October 10, 2020, 02:16:58 AM »

firstchoice

Elefant?

I don't remember for sure P32. I went there twice when my son was going through basic training at the fort. That's been about 25 years ago. The thing that stuck in my mind was not only the overall size of the tank but the width of the tracks. They must have been at least 4.5-5 feet wide! Little wonder the tank never caught on. I need to check and see if there's any online site for that museum. I remember looking at the vehicle that General Patton crashed in and later died from the injuries incured. They had everything from field artillery to jeeps and lots of tanks. Really an interesting place.

firstchoice

Offline Greatguns

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Sniper
« Reply #55 on: October 10, 2020, 02:46:30 PM »
Was this the tank of which you speak? Panzer VIII Maus https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/1/18/Metro-maus1.jpg

Offline Phosphorus32

• Administrator
  • Sniper
« Reply #56 on: October 10, 2020, 05:03:24 PM »

firstchoice

Elefant?

I don't remember for sure P32. I went there twice when my son was going through basic training at the fort. That's been about 25 years ago. The thing that stuck in my mind was not only the overall size of the tank but the width of the tracks. They must have been at least 4.5-5 feet wide! Little wonder the tank never caught on. I need to check and see if there's any online site for that museum. I remember looking at the vehicle that General Patton crashed in and later died from the injuries incured. They had everything from field artillery to jeeps and lots of tanks. Really an interesting place.

firstchoice

Nice, I'd like to get there someday. When I lived in MD, doing a one year postdoctoral fellowship at the Army lab that was literally downrange from Aberdeen Proving Ground in the Edgewood Area, I went to the museum at APG. A lot of cool stuff but it sounds like Ft. Knox may have even more cool things.

Offline firstchoice

• Ozarks Ridge Runner
  • BATTLEFIELD COMMISSION
  • Sharp-Shooter
« Reply #57 on: October 11, 2020, 02:59:26 AM »
Was this the tank of which you speak? Panzer VIII Maus https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/1/18/Metro-maus1.jpg

No GG, the one I saw was a LOT wider with exposed tracks. Huge. I see that's the "Elefant" that P32 was talking about. Definitely not the one I was referring to, though. The memory of those tracks will always stay with me! If I recall correctly, less than a half-dozen were ever built. I wish I could remember if it was a working model or not. Seems like many, if not most all the vehicles there were in operable condition. That could be a tall order on a bunch of those old vehicles, though.

firstchoice

Elefant?

firstchoice

Nice, I'd like to get there someday. When I lived in MD, doing a one year postdoctoral fellowship at the Army lab that was literally downrange from Aberdeen Proving Ground in the Edgewood Area, I went to the museum at APG. A lot of cool stuff but it sounds like Ft. Knox may have even more cool things.

Wow, I've been looking through the internet, trying to find info about the museum at Ft. Knox, (which was called the Patton Museum of Cavalry and Armour), and discovered that the museum was dismantled and 80+% of the tanks were moved to the National Armor and Cavalry Museum near Ft. Benning, Georgia during the 2010-2013 years. From what I've gathered from feedback of people that had been to the Patton Museum at Ft. Knox, it's a sad shell of what it was. The US Army's Armor School was apparently moved from Ft. Knox to Ft. Benning around 2012.

I've looked for pictures of the tanks either at the old museum or the new facility but only found a few of the US tanks. One source says "The main collection is still housed at a restoration and storage facility and is not opened to the public." about the remainder of the vehicles taken from Ft. Knox to Ft. Benning. I'll keep looking though.

Ya don't watch for a few years and look what they do!  bat1  I do want to find out what the name of that tank was, though!

firstchoice

Offline Cupid

• Rifleman
« Reply #58 on: October 12, 2020, 12:04:28 PM »
I just bought a type 81 LMG, hopefully the postie will bring it at the end of the week.

ARSE~!

Offline Phosphorus32

• Administrator
  • Sniper
« Reply #59 on: October 12, 2020, 04:37:57 PM »
I just bought a type 81 LMG, hopefully the postie will bring it at the end of the week.

Very cool. Looking forward to seeing it  :o 8)