Author Topic: Navy Luger '36  (Read 2302 times)

Offline Blicero

• Always plays Bf8
  • Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • Sharp-Shooter
  • Hermann Goering is my copilot
Navy Luger '36
« on: September 29, 2016, 12:56:07 AM »
Here's one to cross off the bucket list- a Navy Issue p08. Mauser Oberndorf made a small run of p08s for the Kriegsmarines,in '36 they all appear in the L-block, with I believe one or two being seen in the K-block. You can see the Kriegsmarine nordsee "N" and inventory number on the front strap.

As a '36 pistol should, this has the strawed ejector, take down lever, and mag release. Virtually none of the straw remains, and the grip straps show considerable finish loss. Two magazines came with the pistol, but neither are navy marked. As a small reconciliation, one of the mags is also from a '36 l-block.

Those are the only dings I can find against the Luger. The bore is mint, all numbers are matching, the finish of the metal is undicked, the grips are sharp and free from the million dollar crack. The prewar rust bluing is still pretty sharp and lustrous down the frame and barrel, so it's far from being in U-boat condition. It's just a straight up, no BS, honest Luger with swagger and a cool naval history behind it.

Here are a few pics. Enjoy.

"I reject your suggestion."
-Ramcke

"You would last about an hour in Charlotte before the police were called bc you were walking around outside with a bottle of scotch and a g43."
-Ty O

"I don't appreciate you showing Nazi images. My old lady's granddad died at Auschwitz."
"I'm sorry to hear that..."
"Yeah...he fell off a guard tower."
-You Know How I Get Thomas

Regional Spelling Champoin, 6/6/2012

"Why the hell does it look like you turned into some weird trendy libtard?"
-LooseCannon

Offline Donp236

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rifleman
  • [url=https://ibb.co/jYAvPQ][img]https://thumb.ibb.
Re: Navy Luger '36
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2016, 05:12:27 AM »
Nit into Lugers but you got a nice one congratulations on you find.

Offline Phosphorus32

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Sniper
  • Send lawyers guns and money...uh, skip the lawyers
Re: Navy Luger '36
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2016, 04:24:53 PM »
That's a very nice Luger  thumb1  A portion of a single letter block in 1936 sounds like a rather rare variant  :o

I assume this is your EDC loaded with +P HPs  chuckles1