Author Topic: Dan's M59  (Read 13062 times)

Offline MEBears

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Trade Count: (+7)
  • Marksman
Dan's M59
« on: August 19, 2015, 08:48:07 PM »
My M59 arrived this afternoon. Pretty much what I was expecting. It is a refurb that looks like it sat in storage after overhaul. The bluing is almost black and about 99%. The only wear is from the bolt carrier. The receiver cover and magazine edges look perfect. The bolt and carrier are stenciled. The receiver cover and trigger guard are ep'd. The gas tube and rear sight leaf (blued) don't have a serial # but have the same part no. ep'd (50) as the barrel and receiver. The gas tube is full of goo and the piston looks brand new. I didn't clean it to look for numbers. I haven't checked the bore but it makes nice squishy noises when you open the bolt and you can't see down it. The bolt face looks new. The crown is excellent unblued. I don't see as many BK stamps as my other M59. The stock is a force match with the 1.TRZ. You can still see the old serial and it has an interesting repair. From what I can tell from the data sheet it had a level II overhaul in 2005. The naj. I think means nagrizenosti (depreciation) and 7.64 for the bore. Tectyl 502 c is the goop all over everything. Over all I think it fits the description of used, very good condition and am quite happy. The accessories are all there and I like the dark sling.

« Last Edit: August 21, 2015, 05:39:26 PM by MEBears »

Offline Loose}{Cannon

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Sniper
  • Constitutional Extremist
Re: Dan's M59
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2015, 09:16:43 PM »
Outstanding!         

Man, I wish I could have bought another one this time around.   cry1

Are you leaving it in cosmo as a safe-king, or are you going to clean and shoot?

1776 will commence again if you try to take our firearms... It doesn't matter how many Lenins you get out on the street begging for them to be taken.

Offline MEBears

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Marksman
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2015, 09:24:48 PM »
I think I will keep it in cosmo for now. If I sell or trade my other one I'll clean this up.

Offline Loose}{Cannon

• Administrator
  • Sniper
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2015, 09:33:41 PM »
I think I will keep it in cosmo for now. If I sell or trade my other one I'll clean this up.

Sounds like a great plan.. I did the same with mine.   thumb1

To me, its like a stamp collector using a stamp from the collection to mail a letter, or buying cheap toy from a machine using a pre 65 quarter.  Im not going to do it unless necessary.    fart1

1776 will commence again if you try to take our firearms... It doesn't matter how many Lenins you get out on the street begging for them to be taken.

Online running-man

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Sniper
  • The only way to avoid Mosin #2 is avoid Mosin #1!
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2015, 10:14:22 PM »
Beautiful gun Bears!!  That one is a keeper for certain. Thanks for the look inside the book, interesting to see inside one of those new ones.  The 'naj.' abbreviation is interesting. The crates have them on them with numbers in the 5 to 20% range.  Your translation is as good any I've heard thus far.  Your barrel is likely new I bet with that big fat 0.

Nice write up!  thumb1

Offline MEBears

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Marksman
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2015, 10:35:33 PM »
Thanks R-M, I did find there is a Dologracna in Slovenia so I think Macedonia is out.

Offline Phosphorus32

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Sniper
  • Send lawyers guns and money...uh, skip the lawyers
« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2015, 10:59:56 PM »
Nice! Looks like a winner  thumb1   I'll be happy if mine is 80% of that condition.   banana time

Offline K-9

• Beaucoup dien cai dau
  • SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rifleman
  • Save a Life. Adopt.
« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2015, 12:17:12 AM »
Mine looks almost exactly like that.  It looks nearly brand new, except for the EPd stuff and the force matched stock (with some small repairs and dings).  Except for the serial number, that is bizarre that they look exactly alike.

Offline SKhiSm 59-66A1

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Marksman
  • My God, they have a Weaselpecker with them.
« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2015, 05:40:00 AM »
Thanks R-M, I did find there is a Dologracna in Slovenia so I think Macedonia is out.

I couldn't get googmaps to locate Dolgorocna or Dologracna either one. I thought it was a place also, LC has Dolgorocna as "long-term" which I now think is correct. Kratkorocna = short-term
"All you need for happiness is a good gun, a good horse, and a good wife."

Daniel Boone

Offline Loose}{Cannon

• Administrator
  • Sniper
« Reply #9 on: August 20, 2015, 07:15:28 AM »
Yup...  Long-term storage.   thumb1

Offline MEBears

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Marksman
« Reply #10 on: August 20, 2015, 08:11:02 AM »
Oops it is long-term. :-[ My google fu is weak when it comes to translating.

Offline carls sks

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Sharp-Shooter
« Reply #11 on: August 20, 2015, 08:46:31 AM »
beauty, thanks for sharing.  thumb1
ARMY NAM VET, SO PROUD!

Offline bbush44

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Trade Count: (+4)
  • Marksman
« Reply #12 on: August 20, 2015, 09:52:10 AM »
Thanks for sharing the pictures MEBears, it looks pretty good to me. The only thing I wonder is Dan's add stated the following.
 "Our hand picked, cleaned and inspected, excellent bores"
If this was done, I would expect to see less goo, and would think you could see down the bore?

Offline CARBINE

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Marksman
  • Ижевск карабины король
« Reply #13 on: August 20, 2015, 10:38:10 AM »
Sweet! I hope mine comes in that nice!!

Yeah I was expecting them to be cleaned up also bbush but kinda glad there not to be honest!
“If you could kick the person in the pants responsible for most of your trouble, you wouldn’t sit for a month.” - Theodore Roosevelt

Offline Greasemonkey

• Professional foul mouth. Banned for life!! Certified Enabler
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+14)
  • Sniper
  • The only way to avoid SKS #2, is avoid SKS #1!
« Reply #14 on: August 20, 2015, 11:08:58 AM »
Me likey thumb1. Good old greasy slimey funk covered, geeze, causes movement just thinking about it... :o. take the hatrid in your heart, and take it to the range, wear it out, shoot the snot outta of it, get the frustrations out....then, then lets hear the overall opinion.

If a reseller were.going to go through the effort to clean, who abosrbs the cost, the retailer, naw, it's passed to the buyer. Time is money, if they cleaned it, I would have expected a 50+ dollar premium. Maybe there is more of them, these were the least greasy... Hand picked, I can see, it is pretty decent example, very nice blueing, most big non-specialty shops ain't gonna squabble over matching numbers, it's pretty, and numbers don't keep it from going bang.

Im your huckleberry, I take it, grease, slime and rifle funk...send it all to me, GM loves him some greasy slimey stuff, yes he does, like doe in heat to a buck  thumb1
I'm going to make him an offer he can't refuse......

Leave the gun, take the cannoli.

I said I was an addict........I didn't say I had a problem

Offline Phosphorus32

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Sniper
  • Send lawyers guns and money...uh, skip the lawyers
« Reply #15 on: August 20, 2015, 11:30:48 AM »
I inquired about a tracking number and found out it was shipped on Tuesday.  Mine should arrive next Tuesday.  It's hard being on the west coast sometimes...especially knowing this one was imported by a company that's 190 miles away from me  :))

Offline MEBears

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Marksman
« Reply #16 on: August 20, 2015, 11:46:14 AM »
Thanks for sharing the pictures MEBears, it looks pretty good to me. The only thing I wonder is Dan's add stated the following.
 "Our hand picked, cleaned and inspected, excellent bores"
If this was done, I would expect to see less goo, and would think you could see down the bore?
I wondered about that too. I talked with a guy locally that got one and he did say his was excellent.
Me likey thumb1. Good old greasy slimey funk covered, geeze, causes movement just thinking about it... :o. take the hatrid in your heart, and take it to the range, wear it out, shoot the snot outta of it, get the frustrations out....then, then lets hear the overall opinion.

If a reseller were.going to go through the effort to clean, who abosrbs the cost, the retailer, naw, it's passed to the buyer. Time is money, if they cleaned it, I would have expected a 50+ dollar premium. Maybe there is more of them, these were the least greasy... Hand picked, I can see, it is pretty decent example, very nice blueing, most big non-specialty shops ain't gonna squabble over matching numbers, it's pretty, and numbers don't keep it from going bang.

Im your huckleberry, I take it, grease, slime and rifle funk...send it all to me, GM loves him some greasy slimey stuff, yes he does, like doe in heat to a buck  thumb1
It is hard not to clean it up and shoot it. If I trade or sell my other one at a show this weekend this is going to the range.

Offline pyroTECH

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Newber
« Reply #17 on: August 20, 2015, 11:53:01 AM »
Looks pretty good. I should be getting mine tomorrow. I just hope mine is as nice.

I will be leaving mine in the cosmoline for sure if it is nice. I may have more than 1 sks that could be considered "shooter grade"    8)

Offline Blicero

• Always plays Bf8
  • Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • Sharp-Shooter
  • Hermann Goering is my copilot
« Reply #18 on: August 20, 2015, 01:39:12 PM »
Hot dang color me green. What a beautiful rifle.
"I reject your suggestion."
-Ramcke

"You would last about an hour in Charlotte before the police were called bc you were walking around outside with a bottle of scotch and a g43."
-Ty O

"I don't appreciate you showing Nazi images. My old lady's granddad died at Auschwitz."
"I'm sorry to hear that..."
"Yeah...he fell off a guard tower."
-You Know How I Get Thomas

Regional Spelling Champoin, 6/6/2012

"Why the hell does it look like you turned into some weird trendy libtard?"
-LooseCannon

Offline K-9

• Beaucoup dien cai dau
  • SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rifleman
  • Save a Life. Adopt.
« Reply #19 on: August 20, 2015, 01:57:38 PM »
Does your pouch have a rope or twine in it?  I noticed that mine does.  Open one up and see.