AK and AR > AK Family: Saiga, MAK, Vepr, WASR, Zastava, etc.

AK Master Mount and my MAK-91

(1/2) > >>

hoopharted:
OK , have both the Poly and the Mak-91 National Match rifles , the Poly still has the original scope mount wedge base plate, unfortunately i have a better shot at Jennifer Lawrence than finding a original mount

drill and tap was never an option for either rifle so just enjoyed them as they were, then a fella designed this mount that utilized the existing receiver pins for the trigger group  , no drill and tap ,took 20 minutes to install , and locked up a MI QD mount perfectly , about an 1/8 off the dust cover

anybody wanting to add an optic to their AK this i highly recommend , its extremely well made , they also make mounts that i hear are of the same high quality , the mounting plate was 85 smackers though , but for me to finally put some glass on one of these long heavy barreled AKS  NM rifles it was a no brainer

now the original mount is in the way on the Poly Tech so i put it on the Mak-91 , i may buy another and see if i can modify it to fit with leaving the original mounting block in tact

firstchoice:
Very nice! I like the way you take care of your firearms. I don't see any that are neglected or beat to heck.  thumb1

I have one of the NHM-91's. I'm not sure what the differences are compared to yours. Besides the milled receiver, of course. I always figured the N-M of the NHM, was referring to the National Match long guns, but wasn't sure what, if anything, that the "H" stood for? Any ideas?

firstchoice

hoopharted:
never got a clear decisive answer to the question as to what NHM stood for when i posed the question , i believe MAK stands for Modified AK as in they were once pre ban rifles that were caught in limbo of the Bush law of '89 and had to be modified in order to be imported to be classified as a "sporting rifle"

i know the 90 and 91 in the NHM models stand for the year of manufacture , at least that was the answer i received when i inquired that seemed logical , the only answer i ever received as to NHM in my opinion was someone taking a stab at it so i hold no water in it was New Heavy Model given they were "manufactured to the Bush "sporting Rifle" guidelines to import  rather then the modifications retro done to facilitate importation as the Mak's  , but still had the heavy longer barrels which were more than likely surplus Poly NM barrels IMO

its also my understanding if it is in fact a National Match it will say National Match as well as have the NM associated with the serial on the receiver , that may very well be changed for the NHM model ,not sure which sadly an example has escaped capture for  my safe all of these years , but is always on my list to acquire

thanks for the compliment , i do take pride in the care of my girls , about every 6 months  i one by one clean and freshly oil , and they do not go back in the safe after shooting until they are cleaned , even the AR's and i know there are those that will go 3 k without cleaning theres

Greasemonkey:
I have an NHM-91..  I never heard or figured out what NHM stood for, like JW, NDM, EM, NS and a few other commercial Chinese model prefixes. I also have 2 MAK-90s, Modified AK always made sense..

hoopharted:
nice , i need one ,lol , im a sucker for chicom AK's

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version