Author Topic: Another offering..  (Read 3293 times)

Offline ozark1

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Cadet
Re: Another offering..
« Reply #20 on: December 11, 2020, 08:14:11 AM »
Here is one of the mags..ProMag..no numbers...

Offline ozark1

• Cadet
« Reply #21 on: December 11, 2020, 08:24:14 AM »
I compared the ProMag to a Tapco SKS and a Cobray SKS...The area around the Duckbill is very similar. Could it be that these "AK Mags" are SKS with the duckbill removed ? If so..The adapter still is a question..SKS mags will not fit at all...

Offline firstchoice

• Ozarks Ridge Runner
  • BATTLEFIELD COMMISSION
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Sharp-Shooter
  • "The Rolling W"-A.E.F. 89th Division-WW1-1917-1918
« Reply #22 on: December 11, 2020, 08:24:46 AM »
Yep, definitely a Marcus Magazine Adapters conversion. The mags may have been done by Marcus, too. If you have any questions or just want to see where it came from, look in the Vendors section of the 'Files' main forum page, "Marcus Magazine Adapters". Great guy and does quality work!

And, yes. They are all aftermarket SKS duckbill mags that have been converted to use on that system. You would have to remove the adapter to fit regular SKS mags again.

Try the mags you have before you take off the adapter. They work great. And you already have 3 mags.

firstchoice

Offline ozark1

• Cadet
« Reply #23 on: December 11, 2020, 08:35:51 AM »
I'm leaving the adapter as is..and will use the mags that came with the gun..I like the setup..and since it's already in a Tapco stock..I think I'll just make a Paratrooper ...since the bayonet lug is gone anyway..I really appreciate the help from the experts on the forum..Merry Christmas to all...and a profitable New Year...Be well....Jery

Online echo1

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Sharp-Shooter
  • Death from above
« Reply #24 on: December 11, 2020, 10:48:04 AM »
FYI,

Marcus told me the metal duck bill and drums can't be modded to work with his adapters, I have a G5. PAX
« Last Edit: December 11, 2020, 01:45:06 PM by echo1 »
  You need a crew  

"A free people ought not only be armed and disciplined" (George Washington),
But they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of Independence from any who might attempt to abuse them. echo1

Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.~John Adams 1798

Offline running-man

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Sniper
  • The only way to avoid Mosin #2 is avoid Mosin #1!
« Reply #25 on: December 11, 2020, 12:59:37 PM »
I'm leaving the adapter as is..and will use the mags that came with the gun..I like the setup..and since it's already in a Tapco stock..I think I'll just make a Paratrooper ...since the bayonet lug is gone anyway..I really appreciate the help from the experts on the forum..Merry Christmas to all...and a profitable New Year...Be well....Jery

That's a good plan!  The adapters rally do work quite well, Marcus put a ton of effort, time, and experimentation in to get his adapters working as well as they do.   thumb1