Author Topic: Picked up a couple of AR parts kits on GB  (Read 1846 times)

Offline Greatguns

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Trade Count: (+22)
  • Sniper
  • Inventor of the Intrafuse folding adapter.
Picked up a couple of AR parts kits on GB
« on: November 27, 2020, 12:13:12 AM »
So, while browsing for SKS stuff on Gunbroker and searching one of my go to parts kits sellers I ran across 2 AR parts kits that were sitting there fairly cheap. I haven't been into ARs for a while, but threw them onto my watchlist anyway and continued my search. I get down to the final hour and the prices were still good so I went ahead and bid, subsequently winning both parts kits. Funny thing was I didn't win any of the SKS stuff he had listed.
After paying for the items I went on the search for a couple of cheap stripped lowers and ended up with 2 ATI OMNI Hybrids from Classic arms for $70 OTD each($15 less than Anderson lowers) Only thing I need to buy to have both complete is a roll pin for the bolt catch, which I can get from my local hardware store.
First one is a PSA mid-length HG w/16" 1:7 5.56NATO HBAR barrel, The second is an AFCOM upper w/16" 1:9 5.56NATO fluted stainless barrel. Not sure I like the green Charging handle on the second one and thinking I need a Magpul grip to go with the buttstock on it as well. Also, I have a PEPR mounted tactical scope I may put on the second one in lieu of the irons then add a micro halo red-dot on top.
Anyway, here are a couple before and after pics of each one, I am pretty pleased with both of them;

My Avatar is a pic of the real "Ghost" SKS in honor of xxxsks(joe). It is a pic of a fully decked out SKS in Capco hunter's kit. This was mine, the only other pic I had ever seen of one was Joe's.

Offline Larry D.

• Bitter, Clinging Deplorable
  • Trade Count: (+12)
  • Sharp-Shooter
  • Do the next right thing.
Re: Picked up a couple of AR parts kits on GB
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2020, 12:31:27 PM »
A can of matte black spray paint will fix that charger.

Or... Toss it out and ask for a two for one trade. Somebody with a green machine will go for it.
Η ΤΑΝ Η ΕΠΙ ΤΑΣ
-------------------

Thou shalt not test me.
Mood 24:7

Offline Greatguns

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Sniper
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2020, 02:17:29 PM »
A can of matte black spray paint will fix that charger.

Or... Toss it out and ask for a two for one trade. Somebody with a green machine will go for it.

Yeah, I'm not diggin' the A2 grip either. A local guy has a Spikes Tactical grip(Magpul clone, but with weird scrolling in the grip for the "non-slip" part) and a black CH for $15 that I could buy, but I have since dropped the irons and installed the 30mm Tactical scope(1.5x4x36) so looking at a UTG Ambi Sniper's grip Extreem Tactical has on sale for $13.95 with free shipping. One thing though, the scope makes the green CH not look so bad, kind of like a "pull here" type thing. chuckles1 chuckles1

My Avatar is a pic of the real "Ghost" SKS in honor of xxxsks(joe). It is a pic of a fully decked out SKS in Capco hunter's kit. This was mine, the only other pic I had ever seen of one was Joe's.

Offline Bob_The_Student

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Sharp-Shooter
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2020, 03:36:23 PM »
You got all that, barreled uppers, for $70? I giving you money to shop for me like P32 if so. Jeezus, where am I when this goes on.

Great find if so.

Online Phosphorus32

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Sniper
  • Send lawyers guns and money...uh, skip the lawyers
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2020, 07:27:50 PM »
It's always good to have at least one AR hanging around  thumb1

Offline Greatguns

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Sniper
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2020, 11:10:10 PM »
You got all that, barreled uppers, for $70? I giving you money to shop for me like P32 if so. Jeezus, where am I when this goes on.

Great find if so.

LOL, I wish I was only into those for $70 each. Just the Lowers were $70 each after shipping and FFL transfer, which is still cheap. Over all, let's just say I'm into them for pre-COVID prices.

Offline Bob_The_Student

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Sharp-Shooter
« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2020, 11:44:56 PM »
OK, I saw all that in the photos and wanted to be sure the barreled uppers weren't in your "prize" also. OK, only P32 gets money gets to shop for me.  chuckles1

Offline carls sks

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Sharp-Shooter
« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2020, 09:12:10 AM »
not one but two AR's, very cool.  thumb1
ARMY NAM VET, SO PROUD!

Offline Greatguns

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Sniper
« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2020, 10:16:45 AM »
OK, I saw all that in the photos and wanted to be sure the barreled uppers weren't in your "prize" also. OK, only P32 gets money gets to shop for me.  chuckles1

Aw, c'mon Bob, I WANT to spend your money. I'm running out of my own! rofl rofl

not one but two AR's, very cool.  thumb1

Neat part is, I had communicated with the seller that I was trying to buy multiple items he had listed(he had 3 SKS parts kits as well). I ended up losing out on the SKS items, so when I got back to him for payment on the 2 AR kits, we got to chatting and he not only waved the 3% CC fee, but gave me free shipping as well. He is now in my favorite seller's list.

Offline Bob_The_Student

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Sharp-Shooter
« Reply #9 on: November 29, 2020, 12:07:43 PM »
GG, you smooth operator, you.

Online Phosphorus32

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Sniper
  • Send lawyers guns and money...uh, skip the lawyers
« Reply #10 on: November 29, 2020, 01:11:55 PM »

GG: "Coast to coast, LA to Missouri, western male."

Offline Greatguns

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Sniper
« Reply #11 on: November 29, 2020, 08:39:26 PM »

GG: "Coast to coast, LA to Missouri, western male."

Nice, my calling song.....If you guys only knew, LOL.

And I play sax, had a Martin Tenor 550 and that thing could sing. Loved playing that song. That and Spooky along with Turn the Page. Some of my favs.