Author Topic: Local pawn shop SKS  (Read 1212 times)

Offline TEKMIRKO

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Newber
Local pawn shop SKS
« on: January 29, 2020, 09:55:03 PM »
Today I had a chance to visit one of my local pawn shops.  I have not been able to  decipher receiver marking on this SKS.  Any help would be appreciated.  Asking price is $499.   

Offline Bacarnal

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Trade Count: (+7)
  • Sharp-Shooter
  • SQUIRREL!!! Camp Lejuene Water Survivor.
Re: Local pawn shop SKS
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2020, 10:50:24 PM »
TEKMIRKO, I don't know what that factory mark is, but as soon as I get done here, I'm going to read the "406b" post in Chinese Military in depth.  As far as price, ask them what the "cash out the door" price is.  Cash at pawn shops talks thumb1.  Good luck!!

Online echo1

• Sharp-Shooter
  • Death from above
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2020, 11:01:51 PM »
Today I had a chance to visit one of my local pawn shops.  I have not been able to  decipher receiver marking on this SKS.  Any help would be appreciated.  Asking price is $499.   

Regardless of the arsenal, from the 1 picture the machine work looks nice. If complete (bayo & accessories), $400 would be a good deal, depending on your location. 4 C notes in his face is hard for a Pawn guy to turn away.  PAX
  You need a crew  

"A free people ought not only be armed and disciplined" (George Washington),
But they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of Independence from any who might attempt to abuse them. echo1

Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.~John Adams 1798

Offline Bacarnal

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Sharp-Shooter
  • SQUIRREL!!! Camp Lejuene Water Survivor.
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2020, 11:42:06 PM »
$400.00 out the door for what echo1 describes would be fair.  Plus this is another that RM can add to his /406\b or /?5\ data base  chuckles1.

Offline running-man

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Sniper
  • The only way to avoid Mosin #2 is avoid Mosin #1!
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2020, 01:47:38 PM »
Agree with PAX, $400 for an honest type 56 is not out of line these days.

Your S/N is a year 15 (1970), month 3 (March) gun.  Highest gun from year 15 I have from /?5\ arsenal is 12-1533474, so 33.4k guns built at that arsenal in 1970 at least.  thumb1