Author Topic: Romanian value  (Read 1174 times)

Offline Greatguns

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Trade Count: (+22)
  • Sniper
  • Inventor of the Intrafuse folding adapter.
Romanian value
« on: April 29, 2021, 02:57:02 PM »
I'm not up on the Romys too much, but I do know it's hard to find an all matching one. Well, I came across a decent looking one in a Choate conventional stock and missing cleaning rod and bayonet, but the numbers that are there match and it has the Romy sling. I have a Romanian stock sans HG and can probably come up with the rest. SO, what's this thing worth?? Give or take value range?
My Avatar is a pic of the real "Ghost" SKS in honor of xxxsks(joe). It is a pic of a fully decked out SKS in Capco hunter's kit. This was mine, the only other pic I had ever seen of one was Joe's.

Offline astronut

• This user has decided to end his association with SKSFiles
  • Trade Count: (+14)
  • Marksman
Re: Romanian value
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2021, 03:14:55 PM »
I dont know the value but, what is the asking price?

Offline Greasemonkey

• Professional foul mouth. Banned for life!! Certified Enabler
  • Administrator
  • Sniper
  • The only way to avoid SKS #2, is avoid SKS #1!
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2021, 03:36:37 PM »
With all the added "stuff", probably not too much more than a Chinese in the same condition these days. "IF" its the legit Romanian double "D" ring sling, and not the common everyday AK sling, that is 75-125ish... Romanians don't carry the allure of the highly vaulted Russian, the very uncommon Albanian or the everyday high number production run of the mill Chinese..  Finding one, even a mismatched one is not easy anymore, and they still don't carry the premium most others do, they seem to be regulated to the bottom of the pile really, the bastard child of the SKS world. Unless you stumble upon a total matching one, and if your lucky, the legit sling, which is even harder to find, those are where the premium can show...
I'm going to make him an offer he can't refuse......

Leave the gun, take the cannoli.

I said I was an addict........I didn't say I had a problem

Offline Greatguns

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Sniper
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2021, 03:43:55 PM »
Here's the link, starting bid is $450 I was thinking of bidding on it. GM, you'd have to tell me on the sling. Back end has a buckle but I don't know the difference on them. It's a 1960.

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/899194609
My Avatar is a pic of the real "Ghost" SKS in honor of xxxsks(joe). It is a pic of a fully decked out SKS in Capco hunter's kit. This was mine, the only other pic I had ever seen of one was Joe's.

Offline Greasemonkey

• Administrator
  • Sniper
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2021, 09:08:25 PM »
Not terrible...I guess think1 least there hope for it.... thumb1   They cut most of the sling outta the photos, it looks correct.. below is one of mine(all # matching '57).. I have one Romanian thats matching, stock as well, except for the bolt, it's from a Yugoslavian. Thats the way I received it.

Offline Greatguns

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Sniper
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2021, 10:57:04 PM »
Looking at your sling then at the other I believe it is correct only installed backwards. I also found a 1959 Romanian all matching but with a Chinese sling. I think I'm going to buy both so as to complete the '59 then see what I can make of the '60. The '59 would go well with my '59 Chinese Letter gun and that's the year I was born so.... 8) :) ;)

Offline Matchka

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Sharp-Shooter
« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2021, 10:16:12 PM »

Offline Greasemonkey

• Administrator
  • Sniper
« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2021, 01:57:43 PM »
These days it's hard to place a value on a matching Romanian with nothing to really base it off of. They never have carried the high and mighty clout of a Russian, not quite as rare as an Albanian, don't really get the draw like Chinese and don't have the added equipment the common Yugoslavian M59/66 do. They have been the bastard child of the SKS world for a long time, and not much has changed over the years.  If I had to spitball a value.....650-800 range.  That is just based on seeing how Romanians fair price wise against the leading common competitors on the market in the past....leading common competitors being Russian, Albanian, Chinese, and Yugoslavian.

My caveat......With the way this cockeyed market is today, who the frig really knows anymore. thumb1

Online echo1

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Sharp-Shooter
  • Death from above
« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2021, 06:55:32 PM »
I'd say $650 as any SKS is puling that. My 2 Romys are forced, '59 & '60. PAX
  You need a crew  

"A free people ought not only be armed and disciplined" (George Washington),
But they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of Independence from any who might attempt to abuse them. echo1

Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.~John Adams 1798