Author Topic: VEPR  (Read 1388 times)

Offline Randy

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Cadet
VEPR
« on: January 20, 2020, 07:51:32 PM »
There don't seem to be too many VEPR's talked about here. Here is a picture of when I got mine back in 2012. It is by far my favorite rifle! Probably because it's a southpaw too! It's my favorite but it seldom see's the light of day. It's just too nice.

Offline astronut

• This user has decided to end his association with SKSFiles
  • Trade Count: (+14)
  • Marksman
Re: VEPR
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2020, 08:06:46 PM »
I am glad you like yours more than I liked mine.  I had one many years ago in 7.62x54r and basically the quality, reliability, fit, finish all sucked!  I did not keep it long and unloaded it quick when they were soon banned for import into the US and some one just had to have one even though I described all the issues with it to the buyer.  I will never, ever, ever, ever, own another one!  My WASR 10/63 GP had better fit, finish and reliability than that piece of you know what vepr had.   ;)

Offline Phosphorus32

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Sniper
  • Send lawyers guns and money...uh, skip the lawyers
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2020, 08:12:07 PM »
VEPRs generally seem to have a very good reputation. Apparently that was inconsistent with astronut's experience  :o

That is some beautiful wood on yours  thumb1

Offline astronut

• This user has decided to end his association with SKSFiles
  • Trade Count: (+14)
  • Marksman
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2020, 08:26:55 PM »
VEPRs generally seem to have a very good reputation. Apparently that was inconsistent with astronut's experience  :o

That is some beautiful wood on yours  thumb1

Yeah, I agree.  I think I recieved a lemon out of the bunch that missed the quality control inspection. 

Offline Randy

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Cadet
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2020, 08:59:42 PM »
This one was converted to use AK mags and has since been a good shooter. I had no idea what I was doing when I did the conversion and I scratched up the bottom. But I got that feed trunion(?) in the right spot and all is good!

The down side of all that wood is that there is a LOT of wood to hold up! That thing is heavy! Add a 30 or 40 round double stack AK mag and it's a boat anchor.