Author Topic: Sks M at the Philly show.  (Read 3290 times)

Online Boris Badinov

• BATTLEFIELD COMMISSION
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Sharp-Shooter
Sks M at the Philly show.
« on: March 24, 2017, 03:16:34 PM »
SKS-M for sale at the Philly (Oaks) show today.

Tagged at $600.  In building C.

Just sayin.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2017, 03:44:39 PM by Boris Badinov »

Online Greasemonkey

• Professional foul mouth. Banned for life!! Certified Enabler
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+14)
  • Sniper
  • The only way to avoid SKS #2, is avoid SKS #1!
Re: Sks M at the Philly show.
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2017, 02:06:00 PM »
Seeing it was still for sale when you posted this... I take it, you didn't run back and buy it.  For...shame rofl2

I know.. let me guess, they don't speak to you.

They don't "technically" speak to me either, but lately.. I will consider what they have to say.... I've bought 2 of them in the last year, especially when I find one on the low end or below market value. Over look the commercial part, while maybe not as Cintas pants popping as a Albanian or some Russian, they still carry weight as collectible if in their original as imported state and they especially hold their value. Much like the for mentioned Russian and Albanian, they ain't made, much less imported anymore, and as they have proven over recent..10 years or so, they won't get any cheaper. In times of high demand from what I've seen.. they can easily stay neck in neck in price with the mid range collectible SKSs, usually the 5-800 range with all but the highest priced non refurb Russians, highest dollar Albanians, long barrel Yugos... etc.  Thats something I don't see a normal more common Chinese/Norinco/standard Type 56 or even a Sino-Banian doing anytime soon.

Listen to the whispers next time..  chuckles1

Just my opinion.. :o rofl2
I'm going to make him an offer he can't refuse......

Leave the gun, take the cannoli.

I said I was an addict........I didn't say I had a problem

Online Boris Badinov

• BATTLEFIELD COMMISSION
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Sharp-Shooter
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2017, 02:28:19 PM »

I went back on Sunday-- only for ammo -- and the M was still there. It was a 93 dated gun. SKS M also on the recevier but "SKS 30" on the price tag description. Turns out it had no magazine. No box,  and none of the accessories.

Still a nice clean gun, just not a talker.

Online Greasemonkey

• Administrator
  • Sniper
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2017, 02:56:41 PM »
If it had the box with all accessories.. then.... it would have been closer to $800 I imagine.

Offline Power Surge

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Sharp-Shooter
  • Commercial dude
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2017, 09:38:58 PM »
As much as I hate to admit it, the bobbleheads at the other board are partially responsible for "some" of the high selling prices of certain commercial models. With 20 years of misinformation, the classifications and "rarity" of some models has incorrectly become the norm.

Not even 2 years ago, Ms and Sporters were $450 guns. Now they are selling upwards of $700. Those two models have shot up in value more than all the other commercial rifles. People are for some reason biting hard into them being "rare".

The reality is that Ms and Sporters were the MOST produced commercial model, and at any point in time there are at least a dozen or more for sale on gunbroker, armlist, etc. If people would do their homework, they'd stop paying $700 for a gun that over 100,000 were produced and sold in the US.

Just my 2 cents.

Online Greasemonkey

• Administrator
  • Sniper
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2017, 11:28:58 PM »
Same thing with Sino-Soviets, the /1\DDR ones and others.. Only hope is people get the correct info so they quit feeding the greed machine and fluffing the big$$$ collectors collection values.

But.....on the flip side.. The past few buying sprees had just as much to do with the price increases, being these are a high capacity weapon that share mags with an Ak, this is what drew attention to them I think. It further fueled the price spike, the market just never really returned to normal on some weapons, plus some who bought during those times still want to try and capitalize every dollar in resale they can so as to cut their losses and move on to the next craze.

Thats maybe a cent and a half worth.. rofl