Author Topic: Commercial GB Listings for December 2015  (Read 16705 times)

Offline Power Surge

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Sharp-Shooter
  • Commercial dude
Commercial GB Listings for December 2015
« on: January 10, 2016, 05:12:16 PM »
Item Link   Description   # Bids   Final Price   Commercial Chinese  Type   Commercial Chinese Condtion   Current Condition  PS Notes

525971839   Sks sporter ak mags   1   $500.00    SKS NR   As-Imported   Good     Very nice Type NR. The seller was looking for a home run with the BIN, but luckily the starting bid amount was reasonable. I wish I had the money, I would have bought this one. Definitely a good deal!

527458362   Rare SKS-M Takes standard AK47 Mags Like New SKS M   17   $675.00    SKS M   As-Imported   Good    Nice SKS-M. Not sure why it was bid so high, but I think it shows that these commercial models are getting very in demand. It still makes me laugh when I see people list Ms and Sporters as "rare". They were the MOST common commercial models.

527661195   Norinco Chinese SKS Paratrooper 7.62X39 Rifle   14   $405.00    Paratrooper   As-Imported   Very Good   Standard paratrooper, nice shape. Stock has been changed out.

527844865   Norinco SKS Sporter 7.62x39 w/AK Magazine   1   $650.00    SKS Sporter   As-Imported   Very Good    Overpriced Sporter.....but people are paying it.

527964070   EX+ Norinco SKS Paratrooper Model 7.62x39mm NR!   15   $455.00    Paratrooper   As-Imported   Good    Standard paratrooper that looks like a mash up of parts. Early blade style gun, but with a spike bayo, that doesn't fit the stock.

528478708   NORINCO SKS   22   $505.00    SKS M   Bubba   Good    SKS-M in a plastic stock.

528554736   NORINCO SKS PARATROOPER RARE   3   $450.00    K-Sports Paratrooper Hunter    As-Imported   Excellent    I'm not quite sure what to make of this one. It is a paratrooper. But it's got a neutered bayo lug. And it's not a Hunter. It doesn't match any models of commercial guns in it's current form.

528815500   Norinco SKS-M Awesome Carbine Uses AK-47 Mags Most Desirable Variant Of Original Russian Design!   1   $699.00    SKS M   As-Imported   Very Good    Very nice SKS-M, with all the original box and parts.

529038575   Chinese Paratrooper SKS 7.62X39 Rifle Trident Arms   1   $400.00    Paratrooper   As-Imported   Good    Standard paratrooper, missing bayo.

529414410   Norinco SKS Paratrooper Model 7.62x39mm NR!   4   $426.01    Paratrooper   Bubba   Fair   Standard paratrooper, plastic stock.

529608955   SKS SPORTER NORINCO NO AK47,YUGO,RUSSIAN   1   $600.00    SKS Sporter   As-Imported   Very Good    Very nice late Sporter, new in the box with all parts. Very fair price for what you get.

529992778   SKS Rifle - Norinco - China - New - Black Stock   1   $388.00    Paratrooper   Bubba   Good   Standard paratrooper in a plastic stock. Not a bad deal.

530164445   Chinese Sporter SKS, Takes AK Magazines   12   $467.13    SKS Sporter   As-Imported   Very Good    Very interesting gun here, belonging to one of our fellow members. A mash up of different parts and guns, but tastefully done. Looks like someone was trying to make a NA Type 84. I kinda like it. I think the price was more than fair for this rifle too.

530826017   SKS D Pre ban (transition gun)   2   $480.00    SKS D   Bubba   Good     SKS-D, missing the bayo. This is definitely a good price for a D, considering the past few Ds were over $700. However, it is missing the D-specific bayonet, and I don't think that's an easy part to find.

530835453   Norinco Chinese SKS 7.62X39 NIB matching #'s LOOK   2   $695.00    SKS D   As-Imported   Excellent    Another SKS-D, missing the unique bayo. This one is new in the box though.

Side note:  I have now seen 3 or 4 new in the box SKS-Ds, and each one says "SKS30" on the label. Everyone says there is no official model designation for the D. Could the official name be the SKS30??

530838603   Norinco SKS “D” Awesome Rifle Uses AK-47 Mags New Most Desirable Variant Of Original Russian Design!   2   $1,099.00    SKS D   As-Imported   Excellent    Keeping the D theme going here! Another D, this one complete, and new in the box. Definitely a nice piece....but $1100??

531231035   Norinco SKS Sporter Paratrooper 7.62x39 AK mags   15   $485.00    SKS Sporter   As-Imported   Very Good    WOW. I don't even know what to say on this one. I hope the person who bought this gun knows the significance of it. This is a FIRST YEAR Sporter. This is an extremely rare SKS. The price was a STEAL. I'm a little unsure if the stock has been changed at some point...this gun should have come with the military style stock, unless maybe towards the end of 88 production some guns got fitted with 89 thumbholes.

531271540   Norinco SKS Para Trooper 16 1/2" barrel Used   2   $361.00    K-Sports Paratrooper Hunter    Bubba   Good    K-sports Hunter. Good price.

531435019   Used Norinco SKS-M 7.62x39, AK Mag Conversion   5   $476.77    SKS M   Bubba   Fair    Bubba'd up SKS-M in a plastic stock.

531474262   Norinco SKS Sporter Postban AK-47 Mags 7.62X39   2   $554.00    SKS NR   As-Imported   Very Good   Very nice SKS Type NR. Fair price.

531687992   Norinco mod 63 SKS Rifle w/Scope and laser   1   $499.00    SKS 63  Paratrooper    Bubba   Fair   I have no idea why the seller is calling this a Type 63. There's nothing even remotely related to a Type 63 about this gun. It's just a standard paratrooper that's been Bubba'd to death. Type 63s are 20" AK mag guns...  chuckles1

531696681   Chinese SKS 7.62x39 w/scope paratrooper NICE   4   $366.00    Paratrooper   Bubba   Good   Standard paratrooper, good price.

531770451   SKS M, Uses AK Magazines.   8   $505.00    SKS M   Uncertain   Fair   SKS-M, with a replaced stock. I kind of like the dark wood standard stock.

531956736   Rare Chinese Norinco SKS Paratrooper 7.62x39 NR   8   $400.00    Paratrooper   Bubba   Good   Standard paratrooper. Looks like an early 2 or 3 mil gun, but with a spike bayo.

532629894   Norinco SKS M Rifle 7.62x39mm uses AK-47 Magazines   1   $575.00    SKS Sporter   As-Imported   Very Good    Nice late Sporter. Fair price.

Offline XXXSKS

• HOT DAMN Commercial SKS EXPERT YeeeeeeeeHaaaaaa
  • BATTLEFIELD COMMISSION
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Marksman
  • AC/T84 "D" KS-30 MC-5D "M" NR Sporter 63 93
Re: Commercial GB Listings for December 2015
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2016, 07:17:26 PM »
Side note:  I have now seen 3 or 4 new in the box SKS-Ds, and each one says "SKS30" on the label. Everyone says there is no official model designation for the D. Could the official name be the SKS30??

Do you have pics of these 3 or 4 in your data base. Are they all from Beta Arms? You could be on to something here.

:).........Joe
WELP ....................HORK SPIT........................

Offline Power Surge

• Sharp-Shooter
  • Commercial dude
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2016, 08:01:07 PM »

Do you have pics of these 3 or 4 in your data base. Are they all from Beta Arms? You could be on to something here.

:).........Joe

These are the only two I have right now. The one above, and the one sold last month. Both Beta Arms, both say "SKS30, 88xxxx" on the label.

I tried google searching for more, but could not find any more posted labels. I did notice another thing though. For Ds with original boxes, the boxes from Beta Arms say this on the front of the box:

SKS  7.62x39MM RIFLE NO 88xxxx

MADE IN CHINA

Some Ds from other importers say:

NORINCO SKS  7.62x39MM RIFLE NO 88xxxx

MADE IN CHINA

Just something else to maybe pay attention to.

Online Phosphorus32

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Sniper
  • Send lawyers guns and money...uh, skip the lawyers
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2016, 09:58:37 PM »
Well SKS30 would certainly be a descriptive model number with the 30 round mags. It could just be Beta Arms internal model designation.

Offline Loose}{Cannon

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Sniper
  • Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2016, 10:57:28 PM »
Could just be an inventory item description to separate it from other models and not necessarily be a model #.

1776 will commence again if you try to take our firearms... It doesn't matter how many Lenins you get out on the street begging for them to be taken.

Offline Power Surge

• Sharp-Shooter
  • Commercial dude
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2016, 10:59:27 PM »
Could just be an inventory item description to separate it from other models and not necessarily be a model #.

I would think the inventory item description would be the description of the item at the top of the label  :P

Offline XXXSKS

• HOT DAMN Commercial SKS EXPERT YeeeeeeeeHaaaaaa
  • BATTLEFIELD COMMISSION
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Marksman
  • AC/T84 "D" KS-30 MC-5D "M" NR Sporter 63 93
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2016, 11:38:08 PM »

531231035   Norinco SKS Sporter Paratrooper 7.62x39 AK mags   15   $485.00    SKS Sporter   As-Imported   Very Good    WOW. I don't even know what to say on this one. I hope the person who bought this gun knows the significance of it. This is a FIRST YEAR Sporter. This is an extremely rare SKS. The price was a STEAL. I'm a little unsure if the stock has been changed at some point...this gun should have come with the military style stock, unless maybe towards the end of 88 production some guns got fitted with 89 thumbholes.

Where do I begin with this one. Crying like a baby  cry1 I missed it. I don't think the stock was changed. I believe you are looking at the LOWEST serial number seen on a thumbhole Sporter. This rifle gets us closer to the actual serial number break between the military style stock and the thumbhole. The highest military stock serial number is 88 01065. That is a spread of 106 rifles.

It is amazing what you can learn with continued research  wink1

dance2.....................Joe
WELP ....................HORK SPIT........................

Offline Loose}{Cannon

• Administrator
  • Sniper
« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2016, 11:45:14 PM »

I would think the inventory item description would be the description of the item at the top of the label  :P

Ok...  Inventory Item number.   

1776 will commence again if you try to take our firearms... It doesn't matter how many Lenins you get out on the street begging for them to be taken.

Offline running-man

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Sniper
  • The only way to avoid Mosin #2 is avoid Mosin #1!
« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2016, 12:02:26 AM »
Very nice Joe!  thumb1

There is no other site on the web that delves into the details of the various commercial Chinese SKSs like SKS-Files does.  Always nice to see that we've collectively narrowed things down just a bit more with each GB listing that gets posted.  The commercial Chinese reports, like the Albys, Romys, Russian, and Specials will most certainly continue through the new year.   I'm currently on the fence with Yugos and the quality of military Chinese guns really must improve for me to keep them going. We'll just have to see what 2016 brings.

Offline Loose}{Cannon

• Administrator
  • Sniper
« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2016, 12:35:01 AM »
Just stop tracking the bubbas.   Its pointless

Keep the originals.  Wouldn't that reduce the workload but yet retain the goal?

Offline running-man

• Administrator
  • Sniper
« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2016, 09:01:13 AM »
Still gotta process through them to weed them out. It may save a bit of time and be worth it though.

Online Phosphorus32

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Sniper
  • Send lawyers guns and money...uh, skip the lawyers
« Reply #11 on: January 13, 2016, 12:48:49 PM »
Still gotta process through them to weed them out. It may save a bit of time and be worth it though.
Too bad GB doesn't have a Bubba sub-category to simply exclude those from your list. I guess you could develop a list of key words associated with Bubba to winnow it down quickly. I'd rather miss a couple of original Type 56s than all of them  ;)

Offline Power Surge

• Sharp-Shooter
  • Commercial dude
« Reply #12 on: January 13, 2016, 01:08:05 PM »
IMO, we definitely have to pay attention to the bubbas. You never know when you'll find a rare gun sitting in a plastic stock.

Offline Greasemonkey

• Professional foul mouth. Banned for life!! Certified Enabler
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+14)
  • Sniper
  • The only way to avoid SKS #2, is avoid SKS #1!
« Reply #13 on: January 13, 2016, 01:19:57 PM »
IMO, we definitely have to pay attention to the bubbas. You never know when you'll find a rare gun sitting in a plastic stock.

I would say if it is reversible, but if it's sliced and diced, or the metal is altered, whats the point? Also, what good is or whats the collector value if all you got is a lowly receiver stamp, when every other number is gone or mismatched? Is the receiver stamp alone enough in bubba form to hold it's value with no other matching numbers?

You got to specify at what point does a bubba go from a valuable collector piece to just a heap of once valuable scrap.
I'm going to make him an offer he can't refuse......

Leave the gun, take the cannoli.

I said I was an addict........I didn't say I had a problem

Offline Power Surge

• Sharp-Shooter
  • Commercial dude
« Reply #14 on: January 13, 2016, 01:33:30 PM »

I would say if it is reversible, but if it's sliced and diced, or the metal is altered, whats the point? Also, what good is or whats the collector value if all you got is a lowly receiver stamp, when every other number is gone or mismatched? Is the receiver stamp alone enough in bubba form to hold it's value with no other matching numbers?

You got to specify at what point does a bubba go from a valuable collector piece to just a heap of once valuable scrap.

Most of the bubbas we see are just changed parts. Not a huge deal IMO. Especially if someone finds Soviet-sino #10 sitting in a tapco stock.

Offline running-man

• Administrator
  • Sniper
« Reply #15 on: January 13, 2016, 01:50:18 PM »
Most of the bubbas we see are just changed parts. Not a huge deal IMO. Especially if someone finds Soviet-sino #10 sitting in a tapco stock.

This is exactly my dilemma!  Lots of bubba crap flows through GB, 99.99% of it is worthless for anything we need, but every once in a while we find one that is just a bizzare S/N, has a neat feature set, previously unknown arsenal stamp, or might even be one of the Soviet Sinos.  Is the effort to sift the 99.99% of them worth finding that one needle in a haystack?  I guess we'll find out in January.  :)

Offline Power Surge

• Sharp-Shooter
  • Commercial dude
« Reply #16 on: January 13, 2016, 01:54:50 PM »

This is exactly my dilemma!  Lots of bubba crap flows through GB, 99.99% of it is worthless for anything we need, but every once in a while we find one that is just a bizzare S/N, has a neat feature set, previously unknown arsenal stamp, or might even be one of the Soviet Sinos.  Is the effort to sift the 99.99% of them worth finding that one needle in a haystack?  I guess we'll find out in January.  :)

Would it be less work to just omit the non-special bubbas from the list? In other words...you look over the listing like normal, and if it's not something special, you just skip adding it to the list. If it IS something special, then it gets mentioned in the list for what makes it special. That should free up a bunch of time not having to enter the data, no?

Offline Greasemonkey

• Professional foul mouth. Banned for life!! Certified Enabler
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+14)
  • Sniper
  • The only way to avoid SKS #2, is avoid SKS #1!
« Reply #17 on: January 13, 2016, 01:58:08 PM »
But... :o does bubblicious mismatched Soviet-Sino #10 carry as much "value" as say, unaltered original Soviet-Sino #5 or #7. Especially, when all your getting is the receiver stamp, lets say worse case scenario, the box mag, gas tube both are gone, has an Albanian carrier, Tapco stock like you mentioned, a replacement top scope cover and say a mismatched upgraded trigger group. And maybe a shortened barrel, say they cut it to 18 inches :) 

Where is the collectablity.. now, this is where it get subjective, an SKS like above in my eyes is a heap of scrap, to the next guy, maybe it's a chest thumping bragging right.  Even if restored to it's former self, it wouldn't carry the collectability as an original, cause it's not original. Even to me, an NVA marked rifle in the above shape, I more than likely would bypass, simply cause to me, the overall value has gone, poof.. fart1

But, this is my opinion, there are many opinions, this one is mine.  chuckles1
I'm going to make him an offer he can't refuse......

Leave the gun, take the cannoli.

I said I was an addict........I didn't say I had a problem

Offline CARBINE

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Marksman
  • Ижевск карабины король
« Reply #18 on: January 13, 2016, 02:25:33 PM »
But... :o does bubblicious mismatched Soviet-Sino #10 carry as much "value" as say, unaltered original Soviet-Sino #5 or #7. Especially, when all your getting is the receiver stamp, lets say worse case scenario, the box mag, gas tube both are gone, has an Albanian carrier, Tapco stock like you mentioned, a replacement top scope cover and say a mismatched upgraded trigger group. And maybe a shortened barrel, say they cut it to 18 inches :) 

It might not carry as much "Value" money wise but when you are trying to track down info and possible numbers produced they become a lot more valuable!!

Even if I found one bubba'd I still would try and snatch it, there is only 9 know to exist its still cool in my eyes.
“If you could kick the person in the pants responsible for most of your trouble, you wouldn’t sit for a month.” - Theodore Roosevelt

Offline Loose}{Cannon

• Administrator
  • Sniper
« Reply #19 on: January 13, 2016, 02:44:24 PM »

You are still doing the commercials right?  The only info lost by dumping the bubba chineses is the high/low serial data on non commercials. Im sure if a rare non commercial gun is seen while weeding out bubbas, attention can be brought to it.  The main part of this is to observe the current sale price on original configuration guns.  Whats the point of tracking a tapco with or without a donkey dong and the price difference between them?  Its redundant.

Lose all chinese, or just the bubbas....  You know where I stand.     thumb1
« Last Edit: January 13, 2016, 02:50:37 PM by Loose}{Cannon »