Author Topic: Commercial GB Listings for December 2015  (Read 16668 times)

Offline Power Surge

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Sharp-Shooter
  • Commercial dude
Re: Commercial GB Listings for December 2015
« Reply #20 on: January 13, 2016, 02:47:59 PM »
IMO, we definitely have to pay attention to the bubbas. You never know when you'll find a rare gun sitting in a plastic stock.

You are still doing the commercials right?  The only info lost by dumping the bubba chineses is the high/low serial data on non commercials. Im sure if a rare non commercial gun is seen while weeding out bubbas, attention can be brought to it.  The main part of this is to observe the current sale price on original configuration guns.  Whats the point of tracking a toco with or without a donkey dong and the price difference between them?  Its redundant.

Lose all chinese, or just the bubbas....  You know where I stand.     thumb1

That's the same point I was making....    keep the bubbas off the military chinese GB listing, unless RM notices that it was a special or rare military model.

Online Justin Hell

• Bubba/Purist Flip Flopper
  • BATTLEFIELD COMMISSION
  • Trade Count: (+7)
  • Sniper
  • First Restore... Then Bubba.
« Reply #21 on: January 13, 2016, 07:30:37 PM »
Even a barreled receiver should be considered for data acquisition. Most data can be assumed beyond that, unless it is scrubbed and reserialed. I think all should be considered at least for research purposes alone. 

There is also the entertainment value of comments on the bubba's, just as much as the discoveries of diamonds in the rough as issued Chinese.

Sifting through what is deemed unworthy kind of sounds like another place...just sayin'.

I will help if it is needed. It seems to me that the more validation behind new theories that are unable to be processed by minds elsewhere it would be in the best interest for the theories to have as much data behind it as possible.  Tedious as it may be.

Online Justin Hell

• Bubba/Purist Flip Flopper
  • BATTLEFIELD COMMISSION
  • Trade Count: (+7)
  • Sniper
  • First Restore... Then Bubba.
« Reply #22 on: January 13, 2016, 07:35:43 PM »
For example...I recently saw regurgitated DB and DP data acquired by a certain blue shark, from work done here and the survey sites...on a post at a site that shall remain nameless.

Times they are a changin'

Offline Loose}{Cannon

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Sniper
  • Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #23 on: January 13, 2016, 10:29:55 PM »
We are not currently logging all Chinese serials found on GB... I do however browse gb and add some to the non 26 serial database on occasion.  The serials are not even in the gb reports.   

1776 will commence again if you try to take our firearms... It doesn't matter how many Lenins you get out on the street begging for them to be taken.

Online running-man

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Sniper
  • The only way to avoid Mosin #2 is avoid Mosin #1!
« Reply #24 on: January 13, 2016, 10:47:46 PM »
Actually, I have been logging all the non /26\ serials I've been finding in the GB reports.  I don't save them to the Chinese reports like I do with the Russians, but I do enter them into the serial data list on a "binge" basis (like 50 to 75 numbers at a time). 

Keeping track of this is one of the more time consuming things, as a good portion of these #'s are really not terribly useful at all.  I ask myself "Who cares if there is a 164568 /636\ gun that lies between 164450 and 164780?" I'm not sure that there is a real need for fleshing out some of the more common arsenals, so I might just start letting those ones slip by w/o tracking them... 

Online running-man

• Administrator
  • Sniper
« Reply #25 on: January 13, 2016, 11:00:39 PM »
For example...I recently saw regurgitated DB and DP data acquired by a certain blue shark, from work done here and the survey sites...on a post at a site that shall remain nameless.

Times they are a changin'

I'll believe that when I see it!  rofl  I believe the adage is "You can't teach an old dog new tricks."  They are all M's or D's and if you weren't a dealer in the 90's when these things were being imported and weren't in-the-know, you get no opinion!  hunter)

Even a barreled receiver should be considered for data acquisition. Most data can be assumed beyond that, unless it is scrubbed and reserialed. I think all should be considered at least for research purposes alone. 

There is also the entertainment value of comments on the bubba's, just as much as the discoveries of diamonds in the rough as issued Chinese.

Sifting through what is deemed unworthy kind of sounds like another place...just sayin'.

I will help if it is needed. It seems to me that the more validation behind new theories that are unable to be processed by minds elsewhere it would be in the best interest for the theories to have as much data behind it as possible.  Tedious as it may be.

All good points Justin.  If you're up for it, we could try having you help out with the Chinese (Military) listings.  Those are the most numerous and to be honest, the data returns on those aren't great with only a handful of the ~100 guns per month actually filling an empty data slot somewhere. 

The 'RM notes' portion of the lists is actually a pretty time consuming portion of the whole process.  Unfortunately it's a catch-22, humor and commentary makes an otherwise ridiculously boring post about numbers sold and perceived condition more readable to the membership, so I'm reluctant to remove the notes section wholesale.  There is also the problem with the longevity of these posts.  After 3 months when GB pulls down the auctions, these posts are semi-worthless...

Offline firstchoice

• Ozarks Ridge Runner
  • BATTLEFIELD COMMISSION
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Sharp-Shooter
  • "The Rolling W"-A.E.F. 89th Division-WW1-1917-1918
« Reply #26 on: January 13, 2016, 11:23:05 PM »
528815500   Norinco SKS-M Awesome Carbine Uses AK-47 Mags Most Desirable Variant Of Original Russian Design!   1   $699.00    SKS M   As-Imported   Very Good    Very nice SKS-M, with all the original box and parts.

Fairly nice M that the Seller sold at a fairly nice price! My eyes aren't as good as they once were. Who is the importer on this M? (pic #18) I believe it says C3A VA BCH, VA. And, it looks like the B is stamped over the C on the BCH? Is there any sort of master list of SKS Importers here on SKS-Files?

firstchoice 

Offline Greasemonkey

• Professional foul mouth. Banned for life!! Certified Enabler
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+14)
  • Sniper
  • The only way to avoid SKS #2, is avoid SKS #1!
« Reply #27 on: January 13, 2016, 11:27:22 PM »

The 'RM notes' portion of the lists is actually a pretty time consuming portion of the whole process.  Unfortunately it's a catch-22, humor and commentary makes an otherwise ridiculously boring post about numbers sold and perceived condition more readable to the membership, so I'm reluctant to remove the notes section wholesale.  There is also the problem with the longevity of these posts.  After 3 months when GB pulls down the auctions, these posts are semi-worthless...

You could always substitute RM's notes for.......Jimmys notes, :o that guy always has some wonderful colorful tidbit to add  :) chuckles1
I'm going to make him an offer he can't refuse......

Leave the gun, take the cannoli.

I said I was an addict........I didn't say I had a problem

Offline Power Surge

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Sharp-Shooter
  • Commercial dude
« Reply #28 on: January 13, 2016, 11:43:38 PM »
528815500   Norinco SKS-M Awesome Carbine Uses AK-47 Mags Most Desirable Variant Of Original Russian Design!   1   $699.00    SKS M   As-Imported   Very Good    Very nice SKS-M, with all the original box and parts.

Fairly nice M that the Seller sold at a fairly nice price! My eyes aren't as good as they once were. Who is the importer on this M? (pic #18) I believe it says C3A VA BCH, VA. And, it looks like the B is stamped over the C on the BCH? Is there any sort of master list of SKS Importers here on SKS-Files?

firstchoice

For the commercials, xxxsks joe has the importers listed on the individual model pages:

http://chinesesks.weebly.com/m.html

Online running-man

• Administrator
  • Sniper
« Reply #29 on: January 14, 2016, 12:23:10 AM »
I've seen three distinct C&A marks on Chinese type 54s with the last two appearing only on commercial imports:

SKS 7.62X39mm MADE IN CHINA
BY NORINCO C&.A, VA. BCH VA

MOD SKSS 7.62X39MM C&A, VA BH VA
MADE IN CHINA BY NORINCO

SKS M 7.62X39MM C&A, VA BH VA
MADE IN CHINA BY NORINCO

There is no master list, but it's one of the things that will come about one of these days FC!  thumb1

Online running-man

• Administrator
  • Sniper
« Reply #30 on: January 14, 2016, 12:25:42 AM »
You could always substitute RM's notes for.......Jimmys notes, :o that guy always has some wonderful colorful tidbit to add  :) chuckles1

Heck, we'd have to make this place rated R and still have people sign disclaimers that they understand what they'd truly be getting into!  chuckles1

Offline Greasemonkey

• Administrator
  • Sniper
« Reply #31 on: January 14, 2016, 12:57:11 AM »
Oh, thats just his.... panache  :o  besides.. he tries..... with great difficulty to keep it PG-13  fart1 chuckles1 rofl2

Offline firstchoice

• Ozarks Ridge Runner
  • BATTLEFIELD COMMISSION
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Sharp-Shooter
  • "The Rolling W"-A.E.F. 89th Division-WW1-1917-1918
« Reply #32 on: January 14, 2016, 01:02:29 AM »
Ah, thanks guys! My M is a BTC import with the /416\ arsenal code stamp. Hadn't seen, or noticed, anyway, the C&A import until now. I Google'd the heck outa C&A, but they must be defunct and forgotten. Maybe it was the Chinese & Albanian Import Co?  ;)

firstchoice 

Offline Greasemonkey

• Administrator
  • Sniper
« Reply #33 on: January 14, 2016, 01:24:02 AM »
C&A might have changed to Dominion Import Group, Virginia Beach VA. Some Aks and SKSs also have D.I.G. Va BCH Va import stamps.

Kinda like the whole Blue Sky changing to Arlington Ordnance, if I'm thinking it was due to Blue Sky bankruptcy.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2016, 01:31:43 AM by Greasemonkey »

Offline armedhippie

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Marksman
  • Love your family and keep your powder dry.
« Reply #34 on: January 14, 2016, 02:24:50 AM »
C&A might have changed to Dominion Import Group, Virginia Beach VA. Some Aks and SKSs also have D.I.G. Va BCH Va import stamps.

My ROMAK 1 has the D.I.G. Va BCH Va import stamp and it was only imported in 1997. Like you said, I've seen it on a few other AKMs as well, from around the same time frame and later.
Hippies are like stray cats...Feed 'em once and they never leave...then they stink up your couch.

Offline armedhippie

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Marksman
  • Love your family and keep your powder dry.
« Reply #35 on: January 14, 2016, 02:45:45 AM »

527661195   Norinco Chinese SKS Paratrooper 7.62X39 Rifle   14   $405.00    Paratrooper   As-Imported   Very Good   Standard paratrooper, nice shape. Stock has been changed out.

I've noticed that most of the KSI paratroopers have the same un-numbered, same color stocks, alot with lil wood putty filled in spots. My [0141] paratrooper's stock is a match to this 1's. I'd say they were changed prior  to export since the bayo groove had to be widened/deepened when they shortened the barrell. Easier to just have a bunch of new/NOS stocks done all at once and ready rather than a 1 at a time deal. Maybe even they got picked for shortening because their stocks needed to be refurbed anyway.

Another good job PS.  thumb1 You to RM. I enjoy these posts every month.
Hippies are like stray cats...Feed 'em once and they never leave...then they stink up your couch.