Author Topic: AK bayonet  (Read 6635 times)

Offline XXXSKS

• HOT DAMN Commercial SKS EXPERT YeeeeeeeeHaaaaaa
  • BATTLEFIELD COMMISSION
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Marksman
  • AC/T84 "D" KS-30 MC-5D "M" NR Sporter 63 93
AK bayonet
« on: June 30, 2016, 10:57:37 PM »
Where are my AK experts. What is this?

:).............................................Joe
WELP ....................HORK SPIT........................

Offline armedhippie

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Marksman
  • Love your family and keep your powder dry.
Re: AK bayonet
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2016, 11:09:35 PM »
 :o Hot damn brother... That's a chinese spiker FSB with bayo still attached off of an early preban probably. I think when the AWB came into play and all the MAK 90s and NHM 90/91s came in, the double folders ( a under folding stock WITH a bayo) and spikers went bye-bye.

Couldn't tell ya if its Norinco or Poly though.

As always, if I'm mistaken any1 feel free to correct....that's how we learn  thumb1
Hippies are like stray cats...Feed 'em once and they never leave...then they stink up your couch.

Online Greasemonkey

• Professional foul mouth. Banned for life!! Certified Enabler
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+14)
  • Sniper
  • The only way to avoid SKS #2, is avoid SKS #1!
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2016, 11:54:56 PM »
Having both the square locking lug and the barrel loop is odd, usually the ones permanently attached just had the square lock lug and no barrel loop.  think1

Most of the bayonets I've seen with just the barrel loop were the clamp on style bayonets..  And using the barrel loop, the rifle more than likely would not have a muzzle device or muzzle nut.

It's almost like a hybrid.. Like Hippie says...I would say Chinese, most all other nations were using knife style bayonets.

Other than that.. learn me something :)
I'm going to make him an offer he can't refuse......

Leave the gun, take the cannoli.

I said I was an addict........I didn't say I had a problem

Offline armedhippie

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Marksman
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2016, 11:58:24 PM »
Got a lil excited there and had to go back and look again....Something wonky....If I had to go out on a limb here...I think that's a modified SKS bayo on that puppy. It should have smooth sides and the bayo under the handle should be different as well. Either way I'm digging it.
Hippies are like stray cats...Feed 'em once and they never leave...then they stink up your couch.

Offline armedhippie

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Marksman
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2016, 12:02:05 AM »
 rofl Was posting at the same time.

Definitely different GM.  Some had just the locking lug and some had the loop and locking lug but that puppy looks to have been notched.

Had to edit  GM's right on the having both being the clamp on. They blend in rather well.

Sticking by my modified SKS bayo theory the more I look at it...either way I want 1, heck I already have a chinese, notched for spike, lower hand guard just begging to be used.  :))
« Last Edit: July 01, 2016, 12:13:07 AM by armedhippie »

Online Greasemonkey

• Administrator
  • Sniper
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2016, 12:19:50 AM »
The screw looks to have possibly had peen marks, and somebody went through a lot of trouble to machine it to fit.

It's kind of redundant to have both locking methods, somebody must have been planning on digging some serious guts with it :o or pole vaulting.

I went digging, everyone I run across is a clamp on with the barrel loop.. usually toted as a Polytech clamp on spike.  All the rest with only the square locking lug are attached to the front sight..

Maybe........a prototype  :o

Ok, Mr Joe, spill it, I'm sure your sitting there snickering  bat1  what iz it  :)

Offline armedhippie

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Marksman
« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2016, 12:34:45 AM »
I'm thinking some1 had a chinese spiker FSB but no bayo...bingo-bango... add modified SKS bayo  thumb1

I've been wanting 1 of those clamp on bayos ever since I found out about 'em.

This has got me thinking....Any reason you couldn't replace an AK fsb with a SKS fsb, put a para spiker and notched lower hand guard on there to basicaly make your own AK spiker? ( besides 922r of course)Just a thought. I'm not much of a tinkerer, more of an as-imported kinda guy but....come on....that would be the bee's knees  :))

Online Greasemonkey

• Administrator
  • Sniper
« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2016, 12:57:05 AM »
chuckles1
come on....that would be the bee's knees

yeah, it would be cool, but you would never hit anything  thumb1

Go check and compare the height of an Ak front sight vs an SKS front sight.  nea1

The Ak towers over the "short" SKS sight by about a half inch

OK..Hippie, http://stores.polytechparts.com/polytech-front-sight-base-bayonet-assembly-made-in-the-usa/
« Last Edit: July 01, 2016, 01:03:26 AM by Greasemonkey »

Offline armedhippie

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Marksman
« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2016, 01:11:12 AM »
Sure... just throw logic in all willy-nilly...it'll never work with that attitude  rofl rofl Could just put a Really, really tall front sight post in there. I mean... that's why theres that lil hole in top of the sight hood right?  chuckles1 chuckles1

Offline XXXSKS

• HOT DAMN Commercial SKS EXPERT YeeeeeeeeHaaaaaa
  • BATTLEFIELD COMMISSION
  • Marksman
  • AC/T84 "D" KS-30 MC-5D "M" NR Sporter 63 93
« Reply #9 on: July 01, 2016, 01:28:21 AM »
The screw looks to have possibly had peen marks, and somebody went through a lot of trouble to machine it to fit.

It's kind of redundant to have both locking methods, somebody must have been planning on digging some serious guts with it :o or pole vaulting.

I went digging, everyone I run across is a clamp on with the barrel loop.. usually toted as a Polytech clamp on spike.  All the rest with only the square locking lug are attached to the front sight..

Maybe........a prototype  :o

Ok, Mr Joe, spill it, I'm sure your sitting there snickering  bat1  what iz it  :)

This is not a situation where I know something you don't. I purchased this 15 years ago thinking it was a standard AKS spiker assembly. Mac 90 's were cheap and converting one to a spiker seamed like the way to go. Well that never happened. Fast forward to a couple months ago. I put this on Gunbroker and got bombared with pm's. What is this? Is it for an SKS? After some research it is a SKS Para bayonet fitted to an AKS FSB. It has a screw holding the bayonet in but is not threaded. Should have a rivet.
The work is very professional not bubba

8).....................Joe
WELP ....................HORK SPIT........................

Online Greasemonkey

• Administrator
  • Sniper
« Reply #10 on: July 01, 2016, 01:33:47 AM »
Sure... just throw logic in all willy-nilly...it'll never work with that attitude  rofl rofl Could just put a Really, really tall front sight post in there. I mean... that's why theres that lil hole in top of the sight hood right?  chuckles1 chuckles1

chuckles1 chuckles1 rofl  No  nea1 ...you would have to drill a hole under the current Ak sight hole to lower it to the height of an SKS.. or, hey wait  :o just raise the rear sight the equal you raised the front to maintain the POI.... hey yea.... thats the ticket, get willy nilly and logical  :P raise the rear sight to match.

Now thats thinking with your dipstick....Jimmy  thumb1    rofl2 rofl2 rofl2

This is not a situation where I know something you don't. I purchased this 15 years ago thinking it was a standard AKS spiker assembly. Mac 90 's were cheap and converting one to a spiker seamed like the way to go. Well that never happened. Fast forward to a couple months ago. I put this on Gunbroker and got bombared with pm's. What is this? Is it for an SKS? After some research it is a SKS Para bayonet fitted to an AKS FSB. It has a screw holding the bayonet in but is not threaded. Should have a rivet.
The work is very professional not bubba

Well....Joe, it is cool, hell, I'll even go the unique route, not an everyday run of the mill item :) thumb1 thumb1  It would look good on my Mak90  :) thumb1  chuckles1

Offline firstchoice

• Ozarks Ridge Runner
  • BATTLEFIELD COMMISSION
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Sharp-Shooter
  • "The Rolling W"-A.E.F. 89th Division-WW1-1917-1918
« Reply #11 on: July 15, 2016, 05:36:56 AM »
The real question, Joe. Is it for sale?  I'll Take It!", if it is! (Depending on price, of course. I do have an extra crabby, demanding wife. Wanna trade?  :)  Bartering is King, isn't it?  chuckles1 )

I'm honestly interested though, if you're selling. Let me know.

firstchoice