Author Topic: YUGO SKS with A PU Scope  (Read 4392 times)

Offline Rvulcan500

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Newber
YUGO SKS with A PU Scope
« on: March 09, 2021, 05:43:32 PM »
Hello
Just wanted to share a picture of my project.
When I got the Yugoslavian SKS it didn't have a bayonet, the handguard didn't match the stock and the bluing was faded.  I have been working on it since the middle of January.  I only have the sling and accessories to go and they will be coming in by Friday.  I thought since non of the serial numbers matched I would have some fun with it.  I did what I aways wanted to do.  I put a PU scope on it and my wife woodburned the Yugoslavian Flag on it.. I have always wanted a sks like this so I figured what the heck I might do it.  I'm glad I did.

« Last Edit: March 15, 2021, 10:19:09 PM by Rvulcan500 »

Offline Bubbazinetti

• MAGA Patriot
  • SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Marksman
Re: YUGO SKS with A PU Scope
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2021, 07:16:07 PM »
I like the flag a lot. It kindof reminds me of the trench art you see on battlefield guns from that part of the world. Good job,tastefully done and authentic looking and understated.
When guns are outlawed only outlaws will have guns.

Offline Rvulcan500

• Newber
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2021, 08:55:50 PM »
Thank you very much, I will tell my wife.  She is a Wizz at woodburning.  She tried to make it look like trench art I'm glad it worked.
Thanks
Ric

Online Shoot The Refurbs

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Marksman
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2021, 09:31:27 PM »
Nice job, the purist in me also thanks you for using a good candidate rifle.  clap1
Makes me want to pull out my trench art Yugo now...  :-\

Offline Rvulcan500

• Newber
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2021, 10:55:19 PM »
Thank you
There is no way I would use an all matching serial numbered rifle.  That would be a sin.

Offline carls sks

• Sharp-Shooter
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2021, 09:47:02 AM »
looking good. wife's a keeper too.
ARMY NAM VET, SO PROUD!

Offline running-man

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Sniper
  • The only way to avoid Mosin #2 is avoid Mosin #1!
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2021, 10:36:55 AM »
looking good. wife's a keeper too.

I was thinking that second part too!!  Nice work on her part. How does the PU set up work for you in that carbine?  I’ve heard correct and comfortable eye positioning can be tough to nail depending on the size of the shooter.

Offline Rvulcan500

• Newber
« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2021, 10:59:27 AM »
The set up if fine.  I have to find a good gunsmith to correct my mistake though.  The front hole is alittle high.  I was able to adjust it with the adjusters on the mount it bore sighted real well though.  If have to take it out to the range I guess.
Once mud season is over.

Offline Larry D.

• Bitter, Clinging Deplorable
  • Trade Count: (+12)
  • Sharp-Shooter
  • Do the next right thing.
« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2021, 01:50:57 PM »
You (two) did well.

It's a great looking rig.
Η ΤΑΝ Η ΕΠΙ ΤΑΣ
-------------------

Thou shalt not test me.
Mood 24:7

Offline hoopharted

• go head,pull my finger
  • Trade Count: (+4)
  • Marksman
  • Hillbilly Indian
« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2021, 06:48:25 AM »
i have been biting my tongue since this posted , but the support of this just buries  a jimson burr about 4 foot up my ass

i do not agree with any of this , at all , just because it was a non matched gun does not by any means make it deserving of a fate as this , they are not importing any more and with/as the temper  collectability of these rifles grow 10 years from now everyone is going to say what idiot did that , "bubba really had his creative hat on that day" because it will (would have been)  be much more desirable/and collectable , i think the short sightedness of this whole thread is unfortunate

if bubba had already dicked with it , then sure , have at it , go crazy ,paint it pink and weld a dildo to the barrel for a suppressor  , what you did was irreversible to both the stock and receiver , its not "trench art" if you did it at your kitchen table , if you were covering bubbas handy work up with the mount then go for it , but your only criteria was because it was not a numbers matched rifle

OP you are bubba , the lowest form of collector IMHO , and those that praise this are no better
There are going to be two types of people in this world , those without toilet paper , and those with plenty of ammo to protect their toilet paper

Offline Greatguns

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Trade Count: (+22)
  • Sniper
  • Inventor of the Intrafuse folding adapter.
« Reply #10 on: March 15, 2021, 09:37:31 AM »
i have been biting my tongue since this posted , but the support of this just buries  a jimson burr about 4 foot up my ass

i do not agree with any of this , at all , just because it was a non matched gun does not by any means make it deserving of a fate as this , they are not importing any more and with/as the temper  collectability of these rifles grow 10 years from now everyone is going to say what idiot did that , "bubba really had his creative hat on that day" because it will (would have been)  be much more desirable/and collectable , i think the short sightedness of this whole thread is unfortunate

if bubba had already dicked with it , then sure , have at it , go crazy ,paint it pink and weld a dildo to the barrel for a suppressor  , what you did was irreversible to both the stock and receiver , its not "trench art" if you did it at your kitchen table , if you were covering bubbas handy work up with the mount then go for it , but your only criteria was because it was not a numbers matched rifle

OP you are bubba , the lowest form of collector IMHO , and those that praise this are no better

Well Hoo, now that you got that off your chest why don't you tell us how you really feel. And remember 'this IS for posterity sake so, be honest' rofl rofl rofl
My Avatar is a pic of the real "Ghost" SKS in honor of xxxsks(joe). It is a pic of a fully decked out SKS in Capco hunter's kit. This was mine, the only other pic I had ever seen of one was Joe's.

Offline hoopharted

• go head,pull my finger
  • Marksman
  • Hillbilly Indian
« Reply #11 on: March 15, 2021, 10:04:13 AM »

Well Hoo, now that you got that off your chest why don't you tell us how you really feel. And remember 'this IS for posterity sake so, be honest' rofl rofl rofl
oddly enough i do feel better , almost as good as a massage parlor happy ending , ive seen bubba's flaunt their handy work on many occasions and usually am very closed lip about it , i think the support thrown behind this particular incident ,here of all places kinda threw me for a loop so ive been scratching the hair off the side of my head trying to make sense of it and finally i just couldnt contain myself , ive been collecting for a long time and one thing that ALWAYS rings true is todays trash is tomorrows gold

look what mosins are bringing now ,once $80 and you couldnt walk into any shop in the country without tripping over them, now bringing $600 , to me they are junk , always have and always will be to me ,i havnt held onto one for longer than a minute ever , but even as junk to me i respect the fact they have their cult following ,there for collectable , time has proved me correct , just as time will prove me correct that mismatched numbers will not carry the stigma they do today as long as there is no irreversible damage ,ie drill and tapped receivers and kitchen table trench art , i suspect someone 200 years from now will laugh at that rifle

i suppose i should look at it like this , he just made all of our M59's more valuable , like the guy that purchased the two only existing stamps in the world and immediately set one on fire so he would have the only one , there is a finite amount , by all means keep on drilling and burning
There are going to be two types of people in this world , those without toilet paper , and those with plenty of ammo to protect their toilet paper

Offline Greatguns

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Sniper
« Reply #12 on: March 15, 2021, 10:10:56 AM »

oddly enough i do feel better , almost as good as a massage parlor happy ending , ive seen bubba's flaunt their handy work on many occasions and usually am very closed lip about it , i think the support thrown behind this particular incident ,here of all places kinda threw me for a loop so ive been scratching the hair off the side of my head trying to make sense of it and finally i just couldnt contain myself , ive been collecting for a long time and one thing that ALWAYS rings true is todays trash is tomorrows gold

look what mosins are bringing now ,once $80 and you couldnt walk into any shop in the country without tripping over them, now bringing $600 , to me they are junk , always have and always will be to me ,i havnt held onto one for longer than a minute ever , but even as junk to me i respect the fact they have their cult following ,there for collectable , time has proved me correct , just as time will prove me correct that mismatched numbers will not carry the stigma they do today as long as there is no irreversible damage ,ie drill and tapped receivers and kitchen table trench art , i suspect someone 200 years from now will laugh at that rifle

i suppose i should look at it like this , he just made all of our M59's more valuable , like the guy that purchased the two only existing stamps in the world and immediately set one on fire so he would have the only one , there is a finite amount , by all means keep on drilling and burning

On the other hand, when the next panic hits, someone could say "hey, this is an uber rare sniper Yugo with trench art, it must be worth a fortune" and end up paying oodles and gobs for it. AND do you know just how much oodles and gobs is? It's a lot let me tell ya :P rofl chuckles1 dance2
My Avatar is a pic of the real "Ghost" SKS in honor of xxxsks(joe). It is a pic of a fully decked out SKS in Capco hunter's kit. This was mine, the only other pic I had ever seen of one was Joe's.

Offline hoopharted

• go head,pull my finger
  • Marksman
  • Hillbilly Indian
« Reply #13 on: March 15, 2021, 10:14:20 AM »
how many times have you walked into a shop and seen a K98 deer slayer mutilated and tapped and got a sick feeling in your stomach , when they did that to that rifle people had the same mentality towards that K98 as the OP does in regards to a mis matched yugo sks, the only difference is the year the damage was committed

Offline hoopharted

• go head,pull my finger
  • Marksman
  • Hillbilly Indian
« Reply #14 on: March 15, 2021, 10:15:16 AM »
lol , you D  chuckles1 chuckles1 chuckles1 chuckles1

Offline hoopharted

• go head,pull my finger
  • Marksman
  • Hillbilly Indian
« Reply #15 on: March 15, 2021, 10:16:15 AM »
ok im done , i dont want the OP biting his pillow tonight while trying to fall asleep

Offline Larry D.

• Bitter, Clinging Deplorable
  • Trade Count: (+12)
  • Sharp-Shooter
  • Do the next right thing.
« Reply #16 on: March 15, 2021, 02:54:19 PM »
Geez, Hoo...

I can appreciate your sentiment to an extent.
I also like the dildo comment. That's got me thinking......That would be an assault AND violation rifle. It would be excellent for herding prisoners!
Η ΤΑΝ Η ΕΠΙ ΤΑΣ
-------------------

Thou shalt not test me.
Mood 24:7

Offline hoopharted

• go head,pull my finger
  • Marksman
  • Hillbilly Indian
« Reply #17 on: March 15, 2021, 03:00:49 PM »
lol ,im all better now

Online Shoot The Refurbs

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Marksman
« Reply #18 on: March 15, 2021, 03:58:35 PM »
I have never seen such a reaction over someone else taking an incomplete parts gun that they owned and restoring it on their own dime into a better shooter or to put meat on the table.

The guy took time out of his day, to share with us something special to him that he and his wife worked on together.
And you just blasted him? because someone 200 years from now will laugh at it?

But hey, I'm really glad that belittling someone who put their efforts out their on the internet made you feel better about yourself.  clap1

Take a good look in the mirror Hoo, and tell me if you like what you see.

Offline Greatguns

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Sniper
« Reply #19 on: March 15, 2021, 04:22:16 PM »
how many times have you walked into a shop and seen a K98 deer slayer mutilated and tapped and got a sick feeling in your stomach , when they did that to that rifle people had the same mentality towards that K98 as the OP does in regards to a mis matched yugo sks, the only difference is the year the damage was committed

Never, I'm not a mauser guy so it doesn't bother me one way or another what someone does to one. Just like it don't make me no never mind if someone takes a parts gun of any flavor and does what they want to it. But then again, I'm one of those guys who builds SKSs out of parts, some get OEM configurations and some get bubba'd to snot.
Now, on the other hand, if it's all original then yeah, leave it be.