Author Topic: 3rd times a charm...  (Read 486 times)

Offline Greatguns

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Trade Count: (+22)
  • Sniper
  • Inventor of the Intrafuse folding adapter.
3rd times a charm...
« on: June 06, 2023, 10:42:43 AM »
So, a while back I bought a Ruger American Ranch in 7.62x39 for myself as well as one in 5.56 NATO. My SIL (with daughter #3) had mentioned he was looking for a hunting rifle so I gave him the one in x39 and found another one for myself. Fast forward, figuring I gave my 1 SIL something I should give my other one (with daughter #1), who lives nearby, something so I gave him a case of TULAmmo in .223. He already has plenty of firearms, LOL.
Fast forward some more and was talking to daughter #2 about putting her SKS back to OEM configuration and was talking to her about something for her/SIL #3. He likes to plink, but isn't into hunting. She on the other hand has put down a deer or 2 before so, I ended up giving them my 2nd Ruger in x39 to go along with her SKS and got both rifles set up in a Pelican type case so they can take them back to CA, if they choose, since they are both CA legal now. (the rifles that is,  dance2)
Fast forward a little more and yesterday, while on GunBroker, I bid on another Ruger figuring I'd get outbid. Well, time ran down and wouldn't you know it, I won it at $425. OTD after transfer I'll be at $500.61

I said all that, for the story telling and to say, I think the demand for the RAR in x39 has leveled off and the price is back down to normal. clap1 :) :))
My Avatar is a pic of the real "Ghost" SKS in honor of xxxsks(joe). It is a pic of a fully decked out SKS in Capco hunter's kit. This was mine, the only other pic I had ever seen of one was Joe's.

Offline running-man

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Sniper
  • The only way to avoid Mosin #2 is avoid Mosin #1!
Re: 3rd times a charm...
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2023, 12:09:00 PM »
Heck, that's a great price man!

Laugh, you should just stockpile 3 or 4 of them now that the prices are coming down!  dance2

Pretty soon the grandkids & great grandkids will be needing some of their own!  rofl clap1

I worry that x39 in general is going to suffer badly now that cheap imports are pretty much done.  Once the current supply of steel cased Russian imports dries up from retail, the market will set a new floor and I suspect it will be .60+ cents per round.  At that price, there is no real draw to it anymore over most other brass cased flavors.

Offline Greatguns

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Trade Count: (+22)
  • Sniper
  • Inventor of the Intrafuse folding adapter.
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2023, 12:38:10 PM »
Heck, that's a great price man!

Laugh, you should just stockpile 3 or 4 of them now that the prices are coming down!  dance2

Pretty soon the grandkids & great grandkids will be needing some of their own!  rofl clap1

I worry that x39 in general is going to suffer badly now that cheap imports are pretty much done.  Once the current supply of steel cased Russian imports dries up from retail, the market will set a new floor and I suspect it will be .60+ cents per round.  At that price, there is no real draw to it anymore over most other brass cased flavors.

Concerning the ammo, I'm not worried about that as I have more than I'll probably shoot before I die, barring a 2nd civil/revolutionary war or invasion of course.
As for buying more Rugers, it IS a thought, LOL.
My Avatar is a pic of the real "Ghost" SKS in honor of xxxsks(joe). It is a pic of a fully decked out SKS in Capco hunter's kit. This was mine, the only other pic I had ever seen of one was Joe's.

Offline running-man

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Sniper
  • The only way to avoid Mosin #2 is avoid Mosin #1!
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2023, 05:15:56 PM »
I keep thinking I have enough, then I find myself thinking: "You know, another 1120 round case of M67 doesn't cost *that* much, *and* they really aren't importing it much anymore, *and* it's not going to go down in price anytime soon, *and* if you include the stripper clips in there that's at least $112, *and* it's in a sealed tin so storage is a no-brainer, *and* those crates are really easy to stack,*and*... wacko1