Author Topic: Why are all the CZ82's & 83's so s*****?  (Read 2820 times)

Online Boris Badinov

• BATTLEFIELD COMMISSION
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Sharp-Shooter
Why are all the CZ82's & 83's so s*****?
« on: November 29, 2017, 12:15:23 PM »
Seems as if just a year ago that minty 82's and 83's were easy enough to find at shows and in mil-surp specialty shops.

Literally every piece I've seen since fall 2016 has been SubVG and worse.

Offline Loose}{Cannon

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Sniper
  • Constitutional Extremist
Re: Why are all the CZ82's & 83's so s*****?
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2017, 12:26:01 PM »
Isn't that about how it usually goes.....  Good stuff first then scraps later?

1776 will commence again if you try to take our firearms... It doesn't matter how many Lenins you get out on the street begging for them to be taken.

Offline Greasemonkey

• Professional foul mouth. Banned for life!! Certified Enabler
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+14)
  • Sniper
  • The only way to avoid SKS #2, is avoid SKS #1!
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2017, 12:28:55 PM »
Like every other milsurp... Handpicks vanish first, VG next, then the run of the mill condition, then the bottom of the barrel stuff, parts worthy guns.

Hardcore collectors usually swipe the handpicks, smaller collectors who want a used look, but not rough/higher end shooters usually the VG, heavy shooters/modders usually take the run of the mill, tinkerers/obsessive parts hoarders/ones who like to play and piddle with the parts guns.

There are only so many in existence, so many imported and they aren't made any more.

Happened on the SKSs and Type 53s from Albainia, the Cz52 handguns, M48s, Mosins and the rest, all down through the years. I have never seen parts/low end offerings placed before the handpick. Retailers will make their money up front off the handpicks and VG.
I'm going to make him an offer he can't refuse......

Leave the gun, take the cannoli.

I said I was an addict........I didn't say I had a problem

Offline running-man

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Sniper
  • The only way to avoid Mosin #2 is avoid Mosin #1!
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2017, 12:31:31 PM »
I don't know about the 83's, but the 82's have dried up at the source.  I haven't heard of new imports of CZ82s since small batches in 4Q 2015.  That combined with their C&R status makes it a tough little pistol to get in general, so I wouldn't be surprised that the ones that are available aren't the top of the line ones since those are likely already in collections. 

Same thing happened with the Albanian SKS.  During import and immediately after, you could find them all over the place at rock bottom prices.  Imports stopped and you could still find them, though not as nice.  A couple of years afterwards the dregs were all that were moving around.  It took a hefty increase in price (and I mean hefty, original price on an Alby from AIM in '02 was $79 shipped to my door) to get people to pull nice ones out of their collections and put them on the block for sale.  I suspect the same will happen with CZ82s.  Maybe if prices rise to $450/$500 the nice ones will come out again?

Offline Greasemonkey

• Professional foul mouth. Banned for life!! Certified Enabler
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+14)
  • Sniper
  • The only way to avoid SKS #2, is avoid SKS #1!
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2017, 12:42:39 PM »
Cz83s were commercially produced till around 2012.. the likely hood of finding one thats just peachy is good.. this is why they weren't C&R, and why none showed use and wear like the Cz82, the Cz82 was the military/police variant, it was C&R, but usually they were likely heavily used or at least refurbed, freshened up.

If you really wanted a good Cz82.. 2008-2010 was the time frame.. I got 2 then and another one in 2012.
I'm going to make him an offer he can't refuse......

Leave the gun, take the cannoli.

I said I was an addict........I didn't say I had a problem

Offline Stoned_Oli

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Marksman
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2017, 12:37:12 PM »
Lucky me... found one at the NEMO gun show Friday with a piece of blue masking tape on the grip that said $200!  8)

Offline Phosphorus32

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Sniper
  • Send lawyers guns and money...uh, skip the lawyers
« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2017, 02:20:52 PM »
Lucky me... found one at the NEMO gun show Friday with a piece of blue masking tape on the grip that said $200!  8)

Stole it!  thumb1

Online Boris Badinov

• BATTLEFIELD COMMISSION
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Sharp-Shooter
« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2017, 09:44:40 PM »
That's a pretty decent piece compared to the many others I've seen. At that price I probably would have snagged it up too.

These aren't blued, right? The way the wear shows on them, it looks like the majority of the surplus 82's (and the 83's) have some kind of painted on finish like durablue.

Offline Stoned_Oli

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Marksman
« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2017, 09:48:34 PM »
82s are painted... my 83 is blued. The 83 also came in nickel.