Author Topic: Value check on 1958 /26\  (Read 777 times)

Offline Greatguns

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Trade Count: (+22)
  • Sniper
  • Inventor of the Intrafuse folding adapter.
Value check on 1958 /26\
« on: November 30, 2021, 12:00:48 PM »
I got this 3M 1958 SKS that came to me missing a couple of parts including the mag. I completed the restore and am curious as to value. It is in a Phenolic stock which is not my area of expertize. My basic question after the value check is, were these imported this way? It is the nicer style stock with the proper blade bayonet.

My Avatar is a pic of the real "Ghost" SKS in honor of xxxsks(joe). It is a pic of a fully decked out SKS in Capco hunter's kit. This was mine, the only other pic I had ever seen of one was Joe's.

Online Boris Badinov

• BATTLEFIELD COMMISSION
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Sharp-Shooter
Re: Value check on 1958 /26\
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2021, 12:26:49 PM »
Some 80s - 90s imports had the jungle stocks.

Not sure about the Albanian imports.

What's the import stamp?

Offline Greatguns

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Sniper
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2021, 12:43:09 PM »
Dang it Boris, I knew you were going to come along and ask me that, LOL. J/K

Here's a pic. it is just like line # 63 on the list of Chinese Type 56 Importers sticky thread, right side of receiver. I assumed it to be an old import and not one of the new Albi ones.

My Avatar is a pic of the real "Ghost" SKS in honor of xxxsks(joe). It is a pic of a fully decked out SKS in Capco hunter's kit. This was mine, the only other pic I had ever seen of one was Joe's.

Offline running-man

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Sniper
  • The only way to avoid Mosin #2 is avoid Mosin #1!
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2021, 01:21:15 PM »
There have been a few Sino-Banian imports seen fresh in grease with the phenolic stocks. It's definitely not widespread though.  I've seen 1 or 2 out of many thousands of imports.  As for old imports (this one with that stamp is definitely a pre-94 import by the way) I honestly do not remember seeing any recorded with phenolic stocks, but that doesn't really mean much because I haven't seen a lot of things!  :P  They very well could exist, and possibly in quantity.

It's a nice gun, those blade stocks with the wrap around rear sling swivel are some of the nicest out there.  The mismatching magazine is pretty minor in that the stock is obviously mismatching as well, but both those certainly put a hard ceiling on the price where collectors are concerned.  I'd guess somewhere in the neighborhood of $400 to possibly even $500 when sold to the right bidder in today's market.

Offline Greatguns

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Sniper
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2021, 01:25:47 PM »
My thoughts as well RM, I just haven't seen very many '58s around and in a Phenolic stock I wasn't sure where it would land. Guess that means, in today's market, I could get $600 for it on GB. rofl dance2

Offline Bacarnal

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Trade Count: (+7)
  • Sharp-Shooter
  • SQUIRREL!!! Camp Lejuene Water Survivor.
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2021, 02:11:58 PM »
My "E" serial came in a phenolic stock and was import stamped under the barrel (not at home right now).  I, also, don't know if it was imported like that or if it was an add on.  That said, a majority of the "jungle" stocks I've seen have been on older weapons.

Offline martin08

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Marksman
« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2021, 04:47:18 PM »
My thoughts as well RM, I just haven't seen very many '58s around and in a Phenolic stock I wasn't sure where it would land. Guess that means, in today's market, I could get $600 for it on GB. rofl dance2

I got $635 recently for a 2 mil serial Albanian import, non matching and in a somewhat beat up stock.  It was in above average shape, but yours looks better.

Offline Greatguns

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Sniper
« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2021, 05:01:47 PM »
Thanks Matt, BTW how ya been. Seems like a coons age since we've been on any of the forums at the same time, LOL.