Author Topic: 1.5 Million Factory 306 Type 56 SKS  (Read 268 times)

Offline pcke2000

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Marksman
1.5 Million Factory 306 Type 56 SKS
« on: October 30, 2021, 04:33:31 PM »
Found a 1.5 m serial Factory 306 Type 56 locally. All matching including stock, gas tube, gas piston, and rear sight.

KSI import markings on left side of receiver.

Very worn looking, like Albanian imports. But no cracks on stock. Listed price is $375.

Questions:

(1) did KSI ever import Type 56 from Albania?
(2) regarding building quality, is Factory 306 worse than Factory 26?
(3) based on Factory 26 dating system, I guess it was made in 1970. Are Factory 306 made 1.5 m serial Type 56 uncommon?
(4) $375 as a shooter is too much?

Online Shoot The Refurbs

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Marksman
Re: 1.5 Million Factory 306 Type 56 SKS
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2021, 05:38:23 PM »
#1 and #2 I don't have any info on the matter

#3 It is to my understanding that the arsenals that went to the 1.X Million system did so because they did not have the build capacity to justify the extra digit, and they were nothing if not efficient. This would lead me to believe it is likely a less common arsenal.

All matching 1.5 from a lesser common arsenal that you get to put your hands on before buying at 375 in today's market (especially with no transfer/shipping fees) seems quite reasonable.
You do mention it's worn and I guess the determining factor is, how beat up are we talking here?  :))
But, let the enabler in me also say if I was local I'd be at the shop right now trying to buy it out from under you  :-*

GL hope to see pics soon!  :P

Offline pcke2000

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Marksman
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2021, 05:50:48 PM »
#1 and #2 I don't have any info on the matter

#3 It is to my understanding that the arsenals that went to the 1.X Million system did so because they did not have the build capacity to justify the extra digit, and they were nothing if not efficient. This would lead me to believe it is likely a less common arsenal.

All matching 1.5 from a lesser common arsenal that you get to put your hands on before buying at 375 in today's market (especially with no transfer/shipping fees) seems quite reasonable.
You do mention it's worn and I guess the determining factor is, how beat up are we talking here?  :))
But, let the enabler in me also say if I was local I'd be at the shop right now trying to buy it out from under you  :-*

GL hope to see pics soon!  :P

Thank you very much! I mentioned it is very worn, I meant it's like a typical Albania import currently sold by PSA. That's why I suspected it's from Albania as well.

Online Boris Badinov

• BATTLEFIELD COMMISSION
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Sharp-Shooter
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2021, 06:07:37 PM »
Don't all of the Albanian imports have the dot style import stamps?

Was KSI still importing in 2012?

Does the import stamp say NORINCO?

Best guesses:
1) wear is post import
2) IC/ME carbine (?)

Online Phosphorus32

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+12)
  • Sniper
  • Send lawyers guns and money...uh, skip the lawyers
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2021, 07:29:59 PM »
$375 for a matching Type 56 is a great price these days.

Some of the imports from China were not refurbished or original high condition, but usage wear here in the US during the last 30 years that it's been here is also a very likely explanation.

The only Type 56s ever imported from Albania in 100s of examples observed were Jianshe, 26, guns. KSI didn't import from Albania.

Offline pcke2000

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Marksman
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2021, 10:12:06 PM »
Don't all of the Albanian imports have the dot style import stamps?

Was KSI still importing in 2012?

Does the import stamp say NORINCO?

Best guesses:
1) wear is post import
2) IC/ME carbine (?)

Thank you. I recently bought an Albanian import Factory 26 11 million serial locally. Importer is PW Arms. The seller told me he originally bought it from Classic last year. It seems like the import stamps are not dot style.

Offline pcke2000

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Marksman
« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2021, 10:33:47 PM »
$375 for a matching Type 56 is a great price these days.

Some of the imports from China were not refurbished or original high condition, but usage wear here in the US during the last 30 years that it's been here is also a very likely explanation.

The only Type 56s ever imported from Albania in 100s of examples observed were Jianshe, 26, guns. KSI didn't import from Albania.

Thank you Sir. Interesting to know all Albanian imports are Factory 26 made.

Regarding the Factory 306 made rifle, unfortunately when I called the seller back, was told it's sold already. I guess it's indeed a good deal in today's market.