Author Topic: Type 56’s in  (Read 7333 times)

Offline running-man

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Sniper
  • The only way to avoid Mosin #2 is avoid Mosin #1!
Re: Type 56’s in
« Reply #20 on: June 06, 2021, 03:51:56 PM »
Yeah, that second one is refinished to the point of being bubba'd.  I guess if they are happy with them it is their carbine after all.   dntknw1

My SinoBanians all look mostly like #3, though with the replacement stocks, some look decent enough:

#1.

#2.

#3.

#4.

To be honest, #1 is the first SinoBanian I got and still my favorite of all of them.  #2 has almost zero bluing left on it.  #3 is has a very nice original stock but unfortunately, a mismatched receiver cover, and #4 has a relatively well fitted replacement Alby stock.

Offline Justin Hell

• Bubba/Purist Flip Flopper
  • BATTLEFIELD COMMISSION
  • Trade Count: (+7)
  • Sniper
  • First Restore... Then Bubba.
« Reply #21 on: June 06, 2021, 05:03:00 PM »
Is number 4 the recent Classic...or have you still yet to bring yourself to clean that one up?

Offline High Noon

• Watching the clock.
  • Trade Count: (+4)
  • Marksman
« Reply #22 on: June 06, 2021, 06:34:48 PM »
It appears they have around 1100+ or so left.   Thats about the max I can add to my cart without an error. 

Offline High Noon

• Watching the clock.
  • Marksman
« Reply #23 on: June 06, 2021, 06:35:44 PM »
Yeah, that second one is refinished to the point of being bubba'd.  I guess if they are happy with them it is their carbine after all.   dntknw1

My SinoBanians all look mostly like #3, though with the replacement stocks, some look decent enough:

To be honest, #1 is the first SinoBanian I got and still my favorite of all of them.  #2 has almost zero bluing left on it.  #3 is has a very nice original stock but unfortunately, a mismatched receiver cover, and #4 has a relatively well fitted replacement Alby stock.

That's a nice looking collection!

Offline running-man

• Administrator
  • Sniper
« Reply #24 on: June 06, 2021, 11:10:03 PM »
Is number 4 the recent Classic...or have you still yet to bring yourself to clean that one up?

Still haven't cleaned that one up yet.  It's on my list, but keeps getting bumped for other priorities.  Stock on that one is going to ba a total loss I fear, the crack at the crossbolt goes through both ribs and is pretty nasty and the nails at the crack in the wrist are all that's keeping it from being three distinct pieces: 

Not a huge issue though, it's an unnumbered Albanian beech replacement anyhow.  Has some trench art on it though:

Offline running-man

• Administrator
  • Sniper
« Reply #25 on: June 06, 2021, 11:13:13 PM »
That's a nice looking collection!

Thanks HN!  These are mostly from the first shipments in 2012.  Three CAI imports from 2014 (two 2 mil /26\ and one six digit /26\, two of them gunsmith specials that didn't need much work) and #4 is a ghost that was an IO import.

Offline Larry D.

• Bitter, Clinging Deplorable
  • Trade Count: (+12)
  • Sharp-Shooter
  • Do the next right thing.
« Reply #26 on: June 06, 2021, 11:42:22 PM »
Maybe I'm just weird, but I'd like to get one that's beat up with almost no bluing left.
I like them with a lot of history on them.
Η ΤΑΝ Η ΕΠΙ ΤΑΣ
-------------------

Thou shalt not test me.
Mood 24:7

Offline Phosphorus32

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Sniper
  • Send lawyers guns and money...uh, skip the lawyers
« Reply #27 on: June 07, 2021, 09:33:30 AM »
It appears they have around 1100+ or so left.   Thats about the max I can add to my cart without an error. 

I guarantee you’ll get at least one in very good condition that is 100% matching if you purchase 1100  thumb1

Offline Greasemonkey

• Professional foul mouth. Banned for life!! Certified Enabler
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+14)
  • Sniper
  • The only way to avoid SKS #2, is avoid SKS #1!
« Reply #28 on: June 07, 2021, 10:34:20 AM »

I guarantee you’ll get at least one in very good condition that is 100% matching if you purchase 1100  thumb1

Should defiantly be able to negotiate a better deal on bulk shipping.. pallet shipping is way cheaper than individual box. I think UPS does 2200lbs per pallet, so a 4 pallet shipment at the worst.  Might even be able to get a cheaper rate through another carrier... SouthEastern/ABF/Fed Ex/XPO/Estes, contact a carrier before hand, it could save a fortune in shipping.  chuckles1
I'm going to make him an offer he can't refuse......

Leave the gun, take the cannoli.

I said I was an addict........I didn't say I had a problem

Offline Justin Hell

• Bubba/Purist Flip Flopper
  • BATTLEFIELD COMMISSION
  • Trade Count: (+7)
  • Sniper
  • First Restore... Then Bubba.
« Reply #29 on: June 07, 2021, 11:05:27 AM »

Still haven't cleaned that one up yet.  It's on my list, but keeps getting bumped for other priorities.  Stock on that one is going to ba a total loss I fear, the crack at the crossbolt goes through both ribs and is pretty nasty and the nails at the crack in the wrist are all that's keeping it from being three distinct pieces: 
/quote]

Dang...I am thinking it wouldn't be worth the glue.  Which would be so much less cleanup.

Offline High Noon

• Watching the clock.
  • Marksman
« Reply #30 on: June 07, 2021, 06:39:59 PM »

Tempting...but not going for 1100.  chuckles1   I might try one or perhaps two at most.  thankyou1

Offline Phosphorus32

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Sniper
  • Send lawyers guns and money...uh, skip the lawyers
« Reply #31 on: June 07, 2021, 08:19:09 PM »
Just having a little fun with it HN  rofl

Roll the dice, but only if you can afford to risk a beater. The ones I've seen have all been good or good enough...but maybe people aren't posting broken-stock or deeply pitted examples. PSA seems pretty good, in that they wouldn't pass off a broken stock as a good enough rifle, but pitting below the wood line isn't something they'll see on cursory examination.

If I was just getting into the game, or needed a mid-1960s Type 56, I'd be rolling the dice.

Offline High Noon

• Watching the clock.
  • Marksman
« Reply #32 on: June 07, 2021, 10:45:19 PM »
Just having a little fun with it HN  rofl

Roll the dice, but only if you can afford to risk a beater. The ones I've seen have all been good or good enough...but maybe people aren't posting broken-stock or deeply pitted examples. PSA seems pretty good, in that they wouldn't pass off a broken stock as a good enough rifle, but pitting below the wood line isn't something they'll see on cursory examination.

If I was just getting into the game, or needed a mid-1960s Type 56, I'd be rolling the dice.

Yeah I was just curious on the number they had - just having fun.  The two from Classic were good - but you never know as you say.  Roll of the dice - either comes up 7s or snake eyes!  :)) :))

Offline High Noon

• Watching the clock.
  • Marksman
« Reply #33 on: June 25, 2021, 11:15:31 PM »
Down to 755 or so now....better get ya sum bee-fer they're gone!! chuckles1  chuckles1 chuckles1  thankyou1

« Last Edit: June 26, 2021, 04:03:57 PM by High Noon »

Offline Greasemonkey

• Professional foul mouth. Banned for life!! Certified Enabler
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+14)
  • Sniper
  • The only way to avoid SKS #2, is avoid SKS #1!
« Reply #34 on: June 26, 2021, 01:07:38 PM »
J&G has had them for about a week and a half.. with "visible" number matching option for $30.  I would, gave it some serious thought..  but I have enough of the damn things..and there's only one particular one I'm after currently.

https://www.jgsales.com/chinese-sks-type-56-semi-auto-rifle,-7.62x39,-factory-26-surplus,-good-cond,-spike-bayo,-c-r.-p-104081.html
I'm going to make him an offer he can't refuse......

Leave the gun, take the cannoli.

I said I was an addict........I didn't say I had a problem

Offline Chevy Boy

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Cadet
« Reply #35 on: June 27, 2021, 10:11:03 AM »
J&G has had them for about a week and a half.. with "visible" number matching option for $30.  I would, gave it some serious thought..  but I have enough of the damn things..and there's only one particular one I'm after currently.

https://www.jgsales.com/chinese-sks-type-56-semi-auto-rifle,-7.62x39,-factory-26-surplus,-good-cond,-spike-bayo,-c-r.-p-104081.html

Hmmm.

I live near J&G's brick and mortar warehouse, been doing business with them for years. Actually bought my first SKS from them.

One great thing about doing business in person - I could actually inspect the weapon I was buying before I put money on the table. It wasn't just luck of the draw. I'm on good enough terms with the salesmen there that if I wasn't happy with the first one they pulled out of the crate, I could always request they go get another one.

Wound up looking at three SKSs before I made my purchase. Very nice people there.
I've got some oceanfront property in Arizona, you buy that I'll throw in the golden gate for free

Offline High Noon

• Watching the clock.
  • Marksman
« Reply #36 on: June 27, 2021, 10:30:18 AM »

Hmmm.

I live near J&G's brick and mortar warehouse, been doing business with them for years. Actually bought my first SKS from them.

One great thing about doing business in person - I could actually inspect the weapon I was buying before I put money on the table. It wasn't just luck of the draw. I'm on good enough terms with the salesmen there that if I wasn't happy with the first one they pulled out of the crate, I could always request they go get another one.

Wound up looking at three SKSs before I made my purchase. Very nice people there.

Now THAT is a distinct advantage - seeing them first would mean a lot.

Offline Larry D.

• Bitter, Clinging Deplorable
  • Trade Count: (+12)
  • Sharp-Shooter
  • Do the next right thing.
« Reply #37 on: June 27, 2021, 03:31:45 PM »

I used to make a run up there a couple times a year with some friends. Bought a lot of stuff from them over the years.
They used to bring out 4 or 5 guns and let you pick for yourself. Always had a good time getting out of the heat for a few hours.
Η ΤΑΝ Η ΕΠΙ ΤΑΣ
-------------------

Thou shalt not test me.
Mood 24:7

Offline pcke2000

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Sharp-Shooter
« Reply #38 on: October 05, 2021, 01:19:43 PM »
PSA lowered the price to $399 as of this morning.

Online Boris Badinov

• BATTLEFIELD COMMISSION
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Sharp-Shooter
« Reply #39 on: October 05, 2021, 04:03:44 PM »
I wonder if the price drop is an indication of a sated market or a drop in interest for com bloc caliber firearm caused by the Russian ammo news.