Author Topic: 24 mil /26\  (Read 3283 times)

Offline Power Surge

• BATTLEFIELD COMMISSION
  • Trade Count: (+4)
  • Sharp-Shooter
  • Commercial dude
24 mil /26\
« on: June 28, 2015, 10:01:21 AM »
Here is my 24 mil last year Jianshe. I got this gun about a month and a half ago, but haven't posted till now. It was missing the original mag and the original III rear sight leaf. One of the previous owners installed a Scout Scope mount, which takes the place of the rear leaf. I have spent the past month and a half tracking down previous owners, but was able to acquire the magazine. No luck on the original leaf, but I was able to at least get one, they are really hard to find and from what I can tell were only used on this year gun.

This gun has had a lot of rounds through it. It has probably never been cleaned by previous owners, and nobody ever cleaned the cosmo out of the internals. Cosmo+firing junk/residue = big mess. But I broke down the entire gun and cleaned everything with mineral spirits. And in typical SKS fashion, once cleaned, the gun looked perfect.

So here she is!

Offline Loose}{Cannon

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Sniper
  • Constitutional Extremist
Re: 24 mil /26\
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2015, 10:31:01 AM »
That sight is also on the 23m and I think the late m21.   thumb1

Nice rifle man....   I need a 24m.  Ill pm you my addy.   bat1

1776 will commence again if you try to take our firearms... It doesn't matter how many Lenins you get out on the street begging for them to be taken.

Offline armedhippie

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Marksman
  • Love your family and keep your powder dry.
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2015, 10:33:50 AM »
 :o Nice man very nice. Congrats on finding the mag. That stock with the cutout for the take down lever is top notch. I don't know much about the french tickler hand guards...Are they the norm for 24 mil rifles?

You keep on keeping on with this awesome collection your growing.  thumb1
Hippies are like stray cats...Feed 'em once and they never leave...then they stink up your couch.

Offline Loose}{Cannon

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Sniper
  • Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2015, 10:35:45 AM »
The notched stock and French T are 23/24m and late m21

1776 will commence again if you try to take our firearms... It doesn't matter how many Lenins you get out on the street begging for them to be taken.

Offline Dannyboy53

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Sniper
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2015, 01:45:31 PM »
Never seen the cut-out for the take down lever before now, good job tracking down the magazine. Sharp looking carbine Power, congratulations!

Maybe I moved to the wrong side of the state, all the carbines are over on your side.

Offline Justin Hell

• Bubba/Purist Flip Flopper
  • BATTLEFIELD COMMISSION
  • Trade Count: (+7)
  • Sniper
  • First Restore... Then Bubba.
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2015, 07:06:01 PM »
Congrats on the mag trackdown....my 23 mil had to settle for  blank mag and a mismatched, but appropriate stock with the takedown notch.  I really would love to find a blank stock with the lever notch...but I am not holding my breath.  I have only seen two stocks since getting my replacement.  It was in an ATI Monte with a metal mag...and filthy too.

I am close...I just wish I could get my mind wrapped around the liking of the French Tickler...I just don't dig it.  It saves me a little on ammo. :)