Author Topic: Luger in 22lr  (Read 4442 times)

Offline Greasemonkey

• Professional foul mouth. Banned for life!! Certified Enabler
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+14)
  • Sniper
  • The only way to avoid SKS #2, is avoid SKS #1!
Luger in 22lr
« on: October 27, 2016, 12:26:12 AM »
Here is one I found in a local shop, it was advertised online for quite a bit, long enough it took them 15minutes to find it. Like I said, I like oddities..chuckles1

It's a Luger in .22lr, made by Stoeger, the same Stoeger who does shotguns, it's also owned by Benelli, it came with the original box, papers and has a fairly low 4 digit serial, in the 6xxx range. Production started in '69 and in '85 it ceased. It's an early one having the aluminium frame, later ones have a steel frame, it also sports the knurled grips, where most are smooth. Near as I can find out, Stoeger has or had owned the exclusive "Luger" licensing and naming rights to include manufacturing and importation for the US market. So, I guess technically, maybe, it is a real Luger, at least by name. It maintains some of the the basic form and utilizes a simplified Luger toggle style lock modified for blowback operation of the small 22lr round and overall it's is alot simpler in operation. The magazine holds 10rds and it has a last shot hold open.

I had to try it in the little daylight I had, so it chewed through 10rds of MiniMags without a hitch, then I cleaned it up and put it away for another day. I figure no guilt shooting this vs my other real Lugers, almost all the looks, close in action and none of the guilt, or.....risk or cost. thumb1

I'm going to make him an offer he can't refuse......

Leave the gun, take the cannoli.

I said I was an addict........I didn't say I had a problem

Offline Loose}{Cannon

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Sniper
  • Constitutional Extremist
Re: Luger in 22lr
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2016, 01:06:37 AM »
Love me some 22s....    What these normally run? 

1776 will commence again if you try to take our firearms... It doesn't matter how many Lenins you get out on the street begging for them to be taken.

Offline Greasemonkey

• Administrator
  • Sniper
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2016, 01:47:11 AM »
Other ones I saw were in the 300-650+ range, condition is a big factor, I don't know what extra value the box and papers add. The guy rated it @ 95%, which I wasn't going to argue with. It hasn't seen much use in it's life, I'd guess more fondling, than firing.

The frame is not blued, it's a coating/finish pretty close to what a Cz 82 is from what I can tell.

Offline Phosphorus32

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Sniper
  • Send lawyers guns and money...uh, skip the lawyers
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2016, 09:11:27 AM »
Cool!  So it has an aluminum frame.  I'm a bit surprised they coated it rather than anodizing but it looks good.

Offline Greasemonkey

• Administrator
  • Sniper
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2016, 02:39:04 PM »
If it is anodized, it's a heck of a job in machining, finishing and anodizing, usually even the smallest marks show through anodizing.

And the mag well doesn't show wear where the back side of the mag rubs, it shows some slight rubbing marks, but no scratches.

Offline echo1

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Sharp-Shooter
  • Death from above
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2016, 12:13:08 PM »
Nice looking pistol. I kinda went down that road too. Couple years back I picked up an Erma EP 22 basket case, at a gun show. This prolly the closest I'll get to the real deal anytime soon, if ever. PAX

This is what I got:

This is what it needed:

This what I ended up with. Done with holster and an extra mag I found.

« Last Edit: December 08, 2016, 04:24:45 PM by echo1 »
  You need a crew  

"A free people ought not only be armed and disciplined" (George Washington),
But they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of Independence from any who might attempt to abuse them. echo1

Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.~John Adams 1798

Offline running-man

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Sniper
  • The only way to avoid Mosin #2 is avoid Mosin #1!
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2016, 12:38:36 PM »
Nice Pax!  How difficult was it to find all the missing components?!