Author Topic: REPLACEMENT M59/66  (Read 6148 times)

Online echo1

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Sharp-Shooter
  • Death from above
REPLACEMENT M59/66
« on: June 28, 2016, 02:21:20 PM »
Hi All,

Just got an M59/66. It's a replacement for one that I sold before I knew better. That first Yugo was my 2nd SKS, and seemed awkward and unbalanced, so away it went, at a decent profit I might ad. I think at the time Big 5 still had them. This new unit might should go in the "altered" section, as I had to have the GL removed for Kali complacency. So it's sitting in Kali 10 day jail. The letter prefix is "F" for whatever that's worth, and everything is matched or forced. No log.

Picts or it never happened.  :) Not my pict, but this is the brake I used, and my rifle looks that good. PAX

You need a crew  

"A free people ought not only be armed and disciplined" (George Washington),
But they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of Independence from any who might attempt to abuse them. echo1

Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.~John Adams 1798

Offline alfred

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Trade Count: (+4)
  • Rifleman
Re: REPLACEMENT M59/66
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2016, 02:31:17 PM »
I like that break, looks like a flash hider too ?
I'd like to see that shoot at night time ?
 thumb1

Offline Loose}{Cannon

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Sniper
  • Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2016, 02:44:25 PM »
Pretty sure tapco makes a muzzle replacement thats identical to the original GL but its legal in CA because the diameter is slightly bigger.

1776 will commence again if you try to take our firearms... It doesn't matter how many Lenins you get out on the street begging for them to be taken.

Online echo1

• Sharp-Shooter
  • Death from above
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2016, 02:57:07 PM »
Pretty sure tapco makes a muzzle replacement thats identical to the original GL but its legal in CA because the diameter is slightly bigger.

I haven't actually checked, but I've heard the Tapco's were discontinued. I got this one, CNC Warrior, from an internet bud. PAX
  You need a crew  

But they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of Independence from any who might attempt to abuse them. echo1

Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.~John Adams 1798

Offline Loose}{Cannon

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Sniper
  • Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2016, 03:16:07 PM »
« Last Edit: June 28, 2016, 03:22:49 PM by Loose}{Cannon »

1776 will commence again if you try to take our firearms... It doesn't matter how many Lenins you get out on the street begging for them to be taken.

Online echo1

• Sharp-Shooter
  • Death from above
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2016, 05:12:25 PM »
https://www.impactguns.com/tapco-sks-yugo-muzzle-brake-sks6627-751348001371.aspx

Surely one can be found in stock somewhere.

I'll try one out on my next M59/66, unless I go full retard. PAX
  You need a crew  

Offline Direct Connection

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Marksman
  • California is where reality goes to die.
« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2016, 06:20:42 PM »
Nice one Pax ! I like the Hider also it gives it its own personality as a bad as*. You know , I wish I would have bought more of those Big 5 59/66's I got one and didnt want to try and cut the weld on those sore thump breaks they welded on so I bummed on those. And like you I sold it.. Now I wish I would have kept it.. The wood on yours looks NICE ! Post up some pics when you post up bail on it... :)

Offline firstchoice

• Ozarks Ridge Runner
  • BATTLEFIELD COMMISSION
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Sharp-Shooter
  • "The Rolling W"-A.E.F. 89th Division-WW1-1917-1918
« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2016, 05:50:09 AM »
Hey PAX!
  That's a good looking replacement FH for the 59/66. (It's a shame we had all those drive by grenade attacks that warranted the restrictions on the GL, huh?  ::)  ) Is that a one piece threaded FH? Almost looks like it was built as two piece locking system, (RH/LH threads with a crush washer), but I doubt they'd go through all that. I do remember some add-on FH that were two piece units. One threaded ring went behind the front sight and the FH slipped on the barrel and was tightened down by the threaded ring. They worked okay.

Looking forward to seeing pics of your new Yugo 59/66 when you break it out of Kali jail. You're having a great couple months now, PAX! Glad to hear that you're still able to build your collection there in Kali, despite the Politicons. Congrats!

firstchoice

Online echo1

• Sharp-Shooter
  • Death from above
« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2016, 10:05:39 AM »
Hey PAX!
  That's a good looking replacement FH for the 59/66. (It's a shame we had all those drive by grenade attacks that warranted the restrictions on the GL, huh?  ::)  ) Is that a one piece threaded FH? Almost looks like it was built as two piece locking system, (RH/LH threads with a crush washer), but I doubt they'd go through all that. I do remember some add-on FH that were two piece units. One threaded ring went behind the front sight and the FH slipped on the barrel and was tightened down by the threaded ring. They worked okay.

Looking forward to seeing pics of your new Yugo 59/66 when you break it out of Kali jail. You're having a great couple months now, PAX! Glad to hear that you're still able to build your collection there in Kali, despite the Politicons. Congrats!

firstchoice

CNC Warrior has a threaded knurled lock nut for it, but I didn't get one with the brake. I got to fondle it a little but didn't get to give it a critical check. It all did look good.

I've been picking up SKSs when/where I can. I'm not going to be one of those Kali guys that says: "I wish I would've got an SKS when they were $400". I started in on these things when they were $80 bucks. PAX

You need a crew  

Offline firstchoice

• Ozarks Ridge Runner
  • BATTLEFIELD COMMISSION
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Sharp-Shooter
  • "The Rolling W"-A.E.F. 89th Division-WW1-1917-1918
« Reply #9 on: July 02, 2016, 03:21:39 AM »
Hey PAX!

firstchoice

CNC Warrior has a threaded knurled lock nut for it, but I didn't get one with the brake. I got to fondle it a little but didn't get to give it a critical check. It all did look good.

I've been picking up SKSs when/where I can. I'm not going to be one of those Kali guys that says: "I wish I would've got an SKS when they were $400". I started in on these things when they were $80 bucks. PAX

Hey PAX! Yep, that was the way to start the collection. Are you still collecting the Enfield ISHY 2A's? I still have mine, but have yet to put a round downrange through one. Are you having good luck with yours?

firstchoice

Online echo1

• Sharp-Shooter
  • Death from above
« Reply #10 on: July 02, 2016, 07:46:37 PM »
Hey PAX!

firstchoice

Hey PAX! Yep, that was the way to start the collection. Are you still collecting the Enfield ISHY 2A's? I still have mine, but have yet to put a round downrange through one. Are you having good luck with yours?

firstchoice

This latest bunch of SKSs are "batch 3". I'm in a quandary now as 922r really has no precedent for the pistol gripper SKSs, AW by feature.

Yep, I got these 2 Ishys, and I'm on the look out for an FR8. Good shooters they be. PAX

You need a crew