Author Topic: #078 Yugo long barrel (PICS)  (Read 16108 times)

Offline wacman85

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Cadet
#078 Yugo long barrel (PICS)
« on: November 08, 2015, 06:13:14 AM »
Yugo m59 sks long barrel #078. got this from Rasp, same as some the others here. took me hours to clean the cosmo off this thing but she came out very sweet. have a "C" series from Dan's Ammo that is just as nice maybe a little more. also getting a "B" series from Rasp should be here in a week or so. then i'll the 3 Yugo sks's that i want. don't really like the 59/66 so good with what i have. did have a chance at a Honor Guard from Aim but a little to flashy for me. if i can figure out how to post pics will put them on here. read the way to load pics and i'm to old for all that stuff do good to just post a comment. anyway at least y'all know who has #078.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2015, 10:26:46 PM by wacman85 »
I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians."
- George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

Offline Loose}{Cannon

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Sniper
  • Constitutional Extremist
Re: #078 Yugo long barrel
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2015, 07:01:12 AM »
Cool...   Welcome aboard, and very nice yugo collection from the sounds of it. 

Are you able to verify the length of the barrel from muzzle to boltface on a closed bolt? 

1776 will commence again if you try to take our firearms... It doesn't matter how many Lenins you get out on the street begging for them to be taken.

Offline wacman85

• Cadet
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2015, 01:30:02 PM »
Cool...   Welcome aboard, and very nice yugo collection from the sounds of it. 

Are you able to verify the length of the barrel from muzzle to boltface on a closed bolt?

my "C" series is 20 1/2", LB 22". Rasp had some "C"series with LB's on them in the crate he got. he talks about it and has a chart on his post at gunboards.com that shows series and barrel lengths on it. hope this helps.
I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians."
- George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

Offline Phosphorus32

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Sniper
  • Send lawyers guns and money...uh, skip the lawyers
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2015, 01:38:07 PM »
Cool, looking forward to pics  thumb1

Welcome to the M59 B/C/LB club!  :)

Offline wacman85

• Cadet
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2015, 01:46:29 PM »
Cool, looking forward to pics  thumb1

Welcome to the M59 B/C/LB club!  :)

thanks. running-man is going to email me and post pics for me i can work all this set-up here and then go there and click this and post them here stuff. hard enough for me to post pics on gunboards, lol. to freak'n old i guess. he'll get them up soon.

would like to ask others that have these LB's is your dust cover latch hard as He-- to get open? i think thats why there is damage to the wood in this area because it's so hard to get open. it seems the countersink for dimple is deeper on my LB then it is for my "C" series.

Offline Loose}{Cannon

• Administrator
  • Sniper
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2015, 01:57:14 PM »
Some takedown levers are just harder to work then others.

Yup...  Lets see this dude.   :)

This is the only board on the planet with 11 LB owners.    thumb1

1776 will commence again if you try to take our firearms... It doesn't matter how many Lenins you get out on the street begging for them to be taken.

Offline wacman85

• Cadet
« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2015, 02:03:05 PM »
Some takedown levers are just harder to work then others.

Yup...  Lets see this dude.   :)

This is the only board on the planet with 11 LB owners.    thumb1

running-man is going to post pics for me after he emails me. i'll send pics to him. i need to check out the depth of countersink that the dimple on latch drops into to see if one is deeper then the other. i know the LB takes a lot of force to get it to move. i'm thinking because it has the deeper recess to come out of, not sure. just know it's a pita. glad i got it cleaned up really good don't plan on taking it apart any more.

Offline Loose}{Cannon

• Administrator
  • Sniper
« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2015, 02:10:29 PM »
Mine (#080) is tight, but not unbearable.  You dont want a loose one.  Lol

Offline wacman85

• Cadet
« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2015, 08:22:24 PM »
Mine (#080) is tight, but not unbearable.  You dont want a loose one.  Lol

did some measuring. my m59 "C" is 3/16" dia. and my m59 LB is 1/4" dia. and you can easily see it is wider and deeper countersink then the "C". i have to take flat tip screw driver and hold it tight under the part that sticks out and pull up.

who knows why it's so tight but i can get it open if need be. not going to lose one.

Offline Loose}{Cannon

• Administrator
  • Sniper
« Reply #9 on: November 08, 2015, 08:25:10 PM »
My opinion...   Your looking at trial guns that were individually (bench built).

Offline wacman85

• Cadet
« Reply #10 on: November 08, 2015, 08:30:16 PM »
My opinion...   Your looking at trial guns that were individually (bench built).

i could see that. i mean they made less then 100 and then went to the "B" series. so stands to reason. i think you got something there.

Offline wacman85

• Cadet
« Reply #11 on: November 08, 2015, 09:00:01 PM »
i emailed running-man the pics maybe he'll have them up soon. you will notice the bayonet not closing all the way. well after cleaning the dried cosmo out of the spring area it closes just fine now. wasn't wanting to remove bayonet because of staking of the screw that attaches it but it had already been removed, staking marks weren't lined up so seen no harm in removing it. it was really full of hard crud and needed that stuff removed. hope you enjoy pics once he gets them up. wish i was better at this computer stuff, maybe someday. there will be a pic of my m59 "C" series along side m59 LB to show length of barrels.

Offline running-man

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Sniper
  • The only way to avoid Mosin #2 is avoid Mosin #1!
« Reply #12 on: November 08, 2015, 10:16:04 PM »
Here are wac's photos, beautiful gun:

« Last Edit: May 07, 2016, 05:02:14 PM by running-man »

Offline wacman85

• Cadet
« Reply #13 on: November 08, 2015, 10:26:01 PM »
thank you R-M you are the man. not sure how the 2 rifle pic got in there twice  chuckles1

Offline Loose}{Cannon

• Administrator
  • Sniper
Re: #078 Yugo long barrel (PICS)
« Reply #14 on: November 08, 2015, 10:32:52 PM »
Yeah man...  Great rifle.   thumb1

Am I the only one to notice the strange circular pattern on the back side of these LB covers?

Offline wacman85

• Cadet
« Reply #15 on: November 08, 2015, 10:52:57 PM »
Yeah man...  Great rifle.   thumb1

Am I the only one to notice the strange circular pattern on the back side of these LB covers?

nope, thats so they can get a bead on you,  chuckles1. no i think it was turned down round on machine or forged like that and then machined on the one side to fit receiver. probably wasn't worried about looks at first.

my "C" series cover is smooth as a babies bottom  thumb1

Offline Direct Connection

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Marksman
  • California is where reality goes to die.
« Reply #16 on: November 08, 2015, 10:54:06 PM »
Nice going Wacman thats a nice dark yugo ! Welcome to the Files,  When ever you have a problem with modern computer technology just go outside and wait for the next kid to come riding by on his bicycle and grab him up  :) Within 10 mins your pics will be up and on the interweb thumb1 You see,  The older we get the more we have to use are street smarts.

I just noticed that swreal too LC. That sure is a conversation piece right there but I cant imagen what its from.. Ive hardly seen any referb marks ect on the back of a dust cover. Nor have i ever seen the gun part number stamped back there on the reciever. Pretty cool piece.. I guess wacman could name it " The Yugo Tornado"  :)

Offline Loose}{Cannon

• Administrator
  • Sniper
« Reply #17 on: November 08, 2015, 10:59:37 PM »
The circular marks...  They look to be from the manufacturing process, and I have seen them on several of these LBs including mine.

Offline Direct Connection

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Marksman
  • California is where reality goes to die.
« Reply #18 on: November 08, 2015, 11:03:58 PM »
Duh, I never noticed that. Is this just common on these long bbls ?

Offline wacman85

• Cadet
« Reply #19 on: November 08, 2015, 11:11:38 PM »
Nice going Wacman thats a nice dark yugo ! Welcome to the Files,  When ever you have a problem with modern computer technology just go outside and wait for the next kid to come riding by on his bicycle and grab him up  :) Within 10 mins your pics will be up and on the interweb thumb1 You see,  The older we get the more we have to use are street smarts.

I just noticed that swreal too LC. That sure is a conversation piece right there but I cant imagen what its from.. Ive hardly seen any referb marks ect on the back of a dust cover. Nor have i ever seen the gun part number stamped back there on the reciever. Pretty cool piece.. I guess wacman could name it " The Yugo Tornado"  :)

about the kid help. you're right at the same time when it gets dark he and his buddy's will be back to rob you blind,  :o

i was thinking it being the first maybe they weren't worried about the smoothness at first. could be it was the end of a piece of round stock they cut off with machine. are the others on here like that didn't take notice will have to check.

Lord knows i'm in the right part of the country for the name,  :)