Author Topic: Bling Bling!!  (Read 7997 times)

Offline Loose}{Cannon

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Sniper
  • Constitutional Extremist
Bling Bling!!
« on: January 11, 2015, 05:18:38 PM »
ok guys...   600 Honor Guards imported, and here is mine. Not bat for $350   :)

1776 will commence again if you try to take our firearms... It doesn't matter how many Lenins you get out on the street begging for them to be taken.

Offline Worm

• BATTLEFIELD COMMISSION
  • Trade Count: (+7)
  • Sharp-Shooter
Re: Bling Bling!!
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2015, 06:09:59 PM »
Shiny shiny! Be better if the stock was chrome too though !  chuckles1

Offline Phosphorus32

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Sniper
  • Send lawyers guns and money...uh, skip the lawyers
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2015, 06:15:26 PM »
Shazam!   :o  That is a beauty  8)  What's the history on these?

Offline Loose}{Cannon

• Administrator
  • Sniper
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2015, 06:20:11 PM »
Shazam!   :o  That is a beauty  8)  What's the history on these?

Andy Sun of CA imported 600 in 1994. He ran into legal issues and sold the remaining rifles to Don at Omega.  These were NOT imported with bayos. The ones Andy sold had bayos that were purchased separately, chromed, and installed by him.  Don only received a few bayos with the ones he bought from Andy, so not all of his were sold with a bayo.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2015, 11:35:22 AM by Loose}{Cannon »

1776 will commence again if you try to take our firearms... It doesn't matter how many Lenins you get out on the street begging for them to be taken.

Offline CARBINE

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Marksman
  • Ижевск карабины король
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2015, 06:37:55 PM »
 thumb1 I think you lucked out that everyone was strapped for cash, that's one heck of a gun man!! That's got to be the most photographed woodpile on the world wide net!! :P
“If you could kick the person in the pants responsible for most of your trouble, you wouldn’t sit for a month.” - Theodore Roosevelt

Offline 1mlt

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Marksman
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2015, 06:50:29 PM »
You should be arrested for stealing. GREAT buy.

Marcus
There is but one language in the USA, English.
Teddy R.

Offline Loose}{Cannon

• Administrator
  • Sniper
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2015, 07:01:32 PM »
thumb1 I think you lucked out that everyone was strapped for cash, that's one heck of a gun man!! That's got to be the most photographed woodpile on the world wide net!! :P

laff...   Got a new batch on the pile.  I had to hold my arms up above my head to take these pics.   :)

You should be arrested for stealing. GREAT buy.

Marcus

I must admit....   I have been looking out the window TWICE as often since bringing it in the house.   :P

Offline Marshall-law

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Cadet
« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2015, 08:16:00 PM »
Very COOL! Congrats

Offline armedhippie

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Marksman
  • Love your family and keep your powder dry.
« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2015, 11:44:17 PM »
Pimpin aint easy...  thumb1   Nice man. Also gotta be nice, Knowing how many of these were imported as well.
Hippies are like stray cats...Feed 'em once and they never leave...then they stink up your couch.

Offline Dannyboy53

• Sniper
« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2015, 11:26:36 AM »
Cannon, as my oldest daughter used to say..."I'm green with envious"! That's a real beauty.

Offline Justin Hell

• Bubba/Purist Flip Flopper
  • BATTLEFIELD COMMISSION
  • Trade Count: (+7)
  • Sniper
  • First Restore... Then Bubba.
« Reply #10 on: January 14, 2015, 08:59:23 AM »
Very nice...I would love to have one of these one day.

Any thoughts on why the FSB/RSB, bayo handle and the receiver didn't get the 'treatement'?

On the sights, I would suspect leaving the sight post black would be fine for visibility, perhaps the leaf as well...not that these were going to see much shooting anyway....but my initial thoughts on not finishing the end of the barrel were considering how tight those FSB's are in the first place, but then I am thinking...well, they had to get the RSB on over the chrome, and they had to get the gas block on over the chrome...think1

As much abuse as the inside of the barrels get, one wouldn't think it would be a wear issue they were avoiding.

On the receiver, I considered wear...and then tolerance...but consider how EASY it would be to clean if it were all shiny and slippery on both the inside and outside...

Did the trigger group get the chrome on the internals or just the visible parts?

Now the real question, when are we going to see posts of you drilling with it on YouTube?  :)

Offline Loose}{Cannon

• Administrator
  • Sniper
« Reply #11 on: January 14, 2015, 11:47:39 AM »
Already packed in mothballs.    :)

No tellin why they only chromed certain parts and not others.   ???    I think if the entire rifle was chrome, if would be a bit much....  like waaaay too much bling.  I think of it as racing stripes on a car where it accents the gun witg bling while not going overboard.   The FCG internals are not chrome other then the trugger and safety itself. 
« Last Edit: January 14, 2015, 10:42:40 PM by Loose}{Cannon »

Offline Dannyboy53

• Sniper
« Reply #12 on: January 14, 2015, 09:08:03 PM »
In my opinion this is like a duo-tone pistol, the contrast between chrome and bluing looks great. Just my .02!

Offline GORDO

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Newber
« Reply #13 on: January 19, 2015, 09:24:54 PM »
nice rifle, nice finish, thats one for you get your friends drunk and brag about, very sweet find and congrads to you!!