Author Topic: Got to love the Model 94  (Read 3546 times)

Offline Tudorp

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Cadet
Got to love the Model 94
« on: May 13, 2015, 11:02:30 AM »
This is one of my favorites as far as civilian forearms in my collection.  A pristine 1956 Winchester model 94 in 30-30. This rifle literally has only 20 rounds fired from it, ever. I got it out of a Texas rancher's collection where all his rifles were 2nd to none. This one he is the original owner of it. He bought two boxes of rounds with it when he purchased it in 1956. He shot one box of rounds from it, then put it with the 2nd box in his safe where it sat until I acquired it with that 2nd box of rounds. When he purchased it, he had this rare scope and mount set up on it. It is a era correct Redfield M294 scope mount (rare and collectible in it's own right), with an era correct Redfield Z29608 2X scope. This have been on this rifle since it was originally delivered to the original owner. 100% condition and finish. I am really proud of this rifle.

Offline Dannyboy53

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Sniper
Re: Got to love the Model 94
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2015, 12:55:38 PM »
An incredible specimen! I have read that the Pre '64 models (I believe) are a much sought after Winchester. Some changes were made in them after that year and one can tell the difference by the number of bolt heads showing in the receiver. My dad had one that he bought in 1963, he ended up trading it for another gun years ago.

This one appears to be of "showroom" quality and you have every right to be very proud of it!

Offline Tudorp

• Cadet
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2015, 01:09:04 PM »
yes, the pre 64 model 94s are the ones the collectors want. Post 64, Winchester did a bunch of cost cutting in their manufacture processes that weren't well accepted. They didn't have milled receivers, they started making their lifter/followers from stamped steel in lue of milled etc. Actually, started building some junk for a couple years. Winchester quickly realized they made a huge mistake and was loosing their reputation of being the go to rifle. By 1970, they started building good rifles again, but never back like they used to. Around 1970, through the 80s are actually really good rifles, but just never had the appeal of the pre 64.

Offline carls sks

• Sharp-Shooter
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2015, 05:22:23 PM »
very nice.  clap1
ARMY NAM VET, SO PROUD!