Author Topic: [0306] Arsenal SKS  (Read 9715 times)

Offline Dannyboy53

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Sniper
[0306] Arsenal SKS
« on: September 13, 2014, 09:51:46 PM »
I'm not really sure if this question belongs here but Mary's SKS technically is altered since we put the AIM Reflex scope on it. But there are no other alterations and all numbers but the gas tube match so here's my question.

Do we have any info anywhere on this particular arsenal carbines [0306] or is China hoarding that info also?!

Offline Loose}{Cannon

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Sniper
  • Constitutional Extremist
Re: [0306] Arsenal SKS
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2014, 10:05:18 PM »
Yup...  one of those things we just dont have much info on.  ???  Hopefully the survey can shed some light on the subject as these are an interesting critter to say the least.  This is the only version of Chinese sks where they utilized the (56) where there is usually Chinese characters meaning (type 56).

Def something you dont see everyday.....   great carbine.

1776 will commence again if you try to take our firearms... It doesn't matter how many Lenins you get out on the street begging for them to be taken.

Offline Adam7

• Global Moderator
  • Marksman
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2014, 11:02:33 PM »
Very nice rifle to have.  Definitely one of the oddball factories.  Would love to see a few more pics.

Offline Dannyboy53

• Sniper
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2014, 09:28:54 AM »
I hope these photos are good enough to see. I don't suppose this carbine is very old, at least it hasn't seen a lot of use and is in remarkable condition inside and out.

Mary has a problem with her eyesight, trouble focusing on the front sight post, and this AIM Reflex worked out the best for her. We have the original (s/n stamped) receiver cover but the gas tube/rod is not marked.

It's a great shooter, this was the one I originally chose out of the two that were for sale at a local gun shop. When I got home and we shot it Mary immediately "confiscated" it so I went back and got the other one!

When we got the Reflex sight mounted she fired it until dark at the 25 meter target, she's a dead ringer with this thing now!

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: September 14, 2014, 09:30:27 AM by Dannyboy53 »

Offline Worm

• BATTLEFIELD COMMISSION
  • Trade Count: (+7)
  • Sharp-Shooter
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2014, 10:13:50 AM »
That's a real nice one. And that stock is so red! Love it

Offline Dannyboy53

• Sniper
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2014, 03:04:24 PM »
Thanks Worm, she's proud of it. She wouldn't take a solid gold monkey for that thing! I don't know how good or bad this is but she can get 1" groups on that 25 meter target burning Wolf 122 gr FMJ.

Offline Worm

• BATTLEFIELD COMMISSION
  • Sharp-Shooter
« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2014, 04:12:37 PM »
Thanks Worm, she's proud of it. She wouldn't take a solid gold monkey for that thing! I don't know how good or bad this is but she can get 1" groups on that 25 meter target burning Wolf 122 gr FMJ.

That's pretty darn good if you ask me!

Offline Dannyboy53

• Sniper
« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2014, 04:15:17 PM »

That's pretty darn good if you ask me!

Well, the truth of the matter is Worm, I can't do that with my old /26\ and it gripes my butt! But then she out-shoots me with the AK also.

I'd rather this didn't get out all over the web, ya know what I mean?!! ;)
« Last Edit: September 14, 2014, 04:17:10 PM by Dannyboy53 »

Offline Dannyboy53

• Sniper
« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2014, 05:31:14 PM »
Yeah 06, I'm afraid the cat is out of the bag!  :-[

Offline Dannyboy53

• Sniper
« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2014, 05:58:40 PM »
Mary does a pretty good job shooting. There are some wild shots that she made after she got the Reflex sight set, she was "snap shooting" and kept hitting to the right for some reason. But any one of those shots would have been bad news!

I'm proud of my little Cherokee!

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline Worm

• BATTLEFIELD COMMISSION
  • Sharp-Shooter
« Reply #10 on: September 14, 2014, 08:22:33 PM »
Haha awesome! It sucks doesn't it? My girl is quite the shot too.. 4 deer all in the heart.. & one was on the run! She's not Cherokee but she is Mayan Indian... Must be a native thing! lol

Offline Dannyboy53

• Sniper
« Reply #11 on: September 14, 2014, 09:03:25 PM »
I think you are right about the "native thing", Mary has killed three I think but they all fell in their tracks. She has always been an outdoors gal and would rather fish than eat.

Gals like ours are good to have around in rough times Worm!

Offline Worm

• BATTLEFIELD COMMISSION
  • Sharp-Shooter
« Reply #12 on: September 14, 2014, 09:20:22 PM »
I think you are right about the "native thing", Mary has killed three I think but they all fell in their tracks. She has always been an outdoors gal and would rather fish than eat.

Gals like ours are good to have around in rough times Worm!

Haha you got that right! Tougher than me sometimes lol

Offline Crazyone

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rifleman
  • This won't hurt a bit!
« Reply #13 on: September 19, 2014, 12:09:39 PM »
I have one that I got on GB--I think it shows the other stampings--and since I just woke up it also looks pinned!......

It's hell getting old ! 
Give me your poor-your broke-your homeless-Blued & Birch Letter guns and your DDR/Liski's !

Offline Dannyboy53

• Sniper
« Reply #14 on: September 19, 2014, 12:47:49 PM »
I agree on getting old Crazyone, but the options aren't worth a crap either! I once thought the pinned barrels wouldn't have been as steady as the threaded barrels, obviously I was wrong. Mary's 0306 (pinned) shoots better than my two /26\ guns. I'm only guessing but these barrels probably have a press fit in addition to the pins?

Okay, go ahead and say it...it's POSSIBLY me.

Offline running-man

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Sniper
  • The only way to avoid Mosin #2 is avoid Mosin #1!
« Reply #15 on: September 19, 2014, 01:06:20 PM »
I agree on getting old Crazyone, but the options aren't worth a crap either! I once thought the pinned barrels wouldn't have been as steady as the threaded barrels, obviously I was wrong. Mary's 0306 (pinned) shoots better than my two /26\ guns. I'm only guessing but these barrels probably have a press fit in addition to the pins?

Okay, go ahead and say it...it's POSSIBLY me.

Actually Danny, you're right about the barrels, they are actually pressed and pinned.  There are many people who claim the accuracy of their pinned barrel carbines is superior to the long and short lug threaded barrels.  Hard to say, but maybe there's something with the barrel harmonics, the way the chamber is reamed, etc. that is a physical change behind the supposed improvement.

Offline Dannyboy53

• Sniper
« Reply #16 on: September 19, 2014, 01:17:46 PM »
Thanks running-man. There apparently is a difference, laying all jokes aside about our marksmanship we both have shot all three and there is a noticeable and consistent difference with her [0306].