Commercial Weapons > Hand Guns & Sub Guns

H&R revolvers

<< < (2/2)

Greatguns:
I decided I'm going to pass on it. Saved the image to my laptop and blew it up and it has some rust and pitting on the hammer and a few other areas. Think I'm going to hold out for a new Taurus Trakker 992 setup.

GuitarmanNick:
I bought a 999 brand new around 1979. Lost the rear sight twice while at the range on consecutive trips. The second time was right after H&R had replaced the rear sight.

I purchased that model primarily because it had an adjustable rear sight. The problem was the design. It had two thin feet that were captured by Allen screws which also served to adjust the windage. Too little pressure and the sight falls out. Too much pressure and the feet beak off then the sight falls out.

Took it back to the gunsmith and H&R bought it back.

Greatguns:
Sooooo, looks like I enabled myself. I was really going to pass on it, but the guy came back and offered a little more cash to seal the deal so I figured, at least I can go look at it. Don't know if it was the HD pic of he cleaned it after the pic, but it looked a lot nicer in person than in the pic. Locked up tight and came with a speed loader.
Yep, I ended up with it. I'll post up with pics when I get a chance.

Greasemonkey:

--- Quote from: Greatguns on December 23, 2021, 11:30:06 AM ---Sooooo, looks like I enabled myself.

--- End quote ---

rofl2 Self enabling..  dance2    GG.. I don't want it... GG's self... OH  BS!! you want it, you know you do.. just do it big fella..   end result.. uhm.. think1 OK...

Internal peer pressure..  clap1 chuckles1

Greatguns:

--- Quote from: Greasemonkey on December 23, 2021, 01:51:28 PM ---
--- Quote from: Greatguns on December 23, 2021, 11:30:06 AM ---Sooooo, looks like I enabled myself.

--- End quote ---

rofl2 Self enabling..  dance2    GG.. I don't want it... GG's self... OH  BS!! you want it, you know you do.. just do it big fella..   end result.. uhm.. think1 OK...

Internal peer pressure..  clap1 chuckles1

--- End quote ---

Kind of like Golum/Smeagol on Lord of the Rings. I have this inner voice rofl rofl :o chuckles1

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version