Author Topic: well , whatcha think  (Read 1222 times)

Offline hoopharted

• go head,pull my finger
  • Trade Count: (+4)
  • Marksman
  • Hillbilly Indian
well , whatcha think
« on: January 04, 2021, 01:18:52 PM »
kinda got a type 81 vibe working , had to work the hand guard a good bit to get it not only fit but get the gas parts to fit and function smoothly , also had to drill a hole on a angle through the grip to access the trig guard release , had to do some grinding on the new muzzle brake to get it to fit around the sight base , then sprayed the brake with satin high heat s
« Last Edit: January 10, 2021, 03:26:29 AM by hoopharted »
There are going to be two types of people in this world , those without toilet paper , and those with plenty of ammo to protect their toilet paper

Offline Greatguns

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Trade Count: (+22)
  • Sniper
  • Inventor of the Intrafuse folding adapter.
Re: well , whatcha think
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2021, 01:53:42 PM »
Yep, looks pretty similar. That's the ATI Strikeforce stock correct? I like that brake better than the other one as well. Nice transition. Let us know how it shoots.
My Avatar is a pic of the real "Ghost" SKS in honor of xxxsks(joe). It is a pic of a fully decked out SKS in Capco hunter's kit. This was mine, the only other pic I had ever seen of one was Joe's.

Offline hoopharted

• go head,pull my finger
  • Marksman
  • Hillbilly Indian
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2021, 01:56:15 PM »
Yep, looks pretty similar. That's the ATI Strikeforce stock correct? I like that brake better than the other one as well. Nice transition. Let us know how it shoots.

thanks, promag archangel

disclaimer: No rifles were harmed in the making of this Bubba
There are going to be two types of people in this world , those without toilet paper , and those with plenty of ammo to protect their toilet paper

Offline hoopharted

• go head,pull my finger
  • Marksman
  • Hillbilly Indian
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2021, 03:25:15 AM »
kinda got a type 81 vibe working , had to work the hand guard a good bit to get it not only fit but get the gas parts to fit and function smoothly , also had to drill a hole on a angle through the grip to access the trig guard release , had to do some grinding on the new muzzle brake to get it to fit around the sight base , then sprayed the brake with satin high heat stove paint to cover the raw metal

[url

Offline hoopharted

• go head,pull my finger
  • Marksman
  • Hillbilly Indian
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2021, 12:37:54 PM »
well still tinkering , ordered a lucky shot thumbhole , and found a vintage Red Star side  mount , fashioned in part after the old Russian PU mounts, well made and quality   so im covering bubbas holes with the mount and a stock made for a M

going to use a Leupold  Freedom Pig Plex Fire Dot variable scope , was the best 1 inch tube scope with a retro vibe to it  i could find , im a Leupold slut what can i say

Offline Bubbazinetti

• MAGA Patriot
  • SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Marksman
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2021, 05:27:46 PM »
I don't see any pics. :( cry1
When guns are outlawed only outlaws will have guns.

Offline hoopharted

• go head,pull my finger
  • Marksman
  • Hillbilly Indian
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2021, 06:56:36 PM »
i took them down , i usually dont leave um up long , i thought i liked iit at first but then decided to go a different route when i found the mount , i will post when its done