Author Topic: I has a project  (Read 9702 times)

Offline Larry D.

• Bitter, Clinging Deplorable
  • Trade Count: (+12)
  • Sharp-Shooter
  • Do the next right thing.
Re: I has a project
« Reply #60 on: September 20, 2020, 10:56:25 PM »
Sorta figured we'd wind up on that path sooner or later.

Gotta say, that's the first moderated post I've seen.  Too bad.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2020, 01:22:11 AM by Larry D. »
Η ΤΑΝ Η ΕΠΙ ΤΑΣ
-------------------

Thou shalt not test me.
Mood 24:7

Offline Cupid

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rifleman
« Reply #61 on: September 20, 2020, 11:14:53 PM »
Cupid's comment deleted:

Rule 1. Respect
Rule 4. Intolerance
Rule 7. Trolling

Please reread the rules. Thanks  thumb1
https://sks-files.com/index.php?topic=20.0

I would have thought my grin  :)  made it perfectly clear that I was not serious.
THE WELDER GIVETH AND THE FILE TAKETH AWAY

ARSE~!

Offline Greatguns

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Trade Count: (+22)
  • Sniper
  • Inventor of the Intrafuse folding adapter.
« Reply #62 on: September 21, 2020, 10:34:20 AM »
So, since I got new clothes for my project SKS here I thought I'd model her for you.

My OD K-Sport didn't have an HG, so I used a black Ramline HG, and an OD VZ 59 sling with the leather strap died black. The contrasting HG, recoil pad and hasp really sets it off. Plus the donor rifle was a Kengs Paratrooper with the cleanly neutered FSB. The whole build turned out nice. There's a picture of it here. PAX

https://www.firearmstalk.com/threads/k-sport-parka-para-clone-of-sorts.138328/

Hey PAX, have you ever thought about getting some OD Green Fusion paint made for plastics and painting your HG to match? Would bring it a little closer.
My Avatar is a pic of the real "Ghost" SKS in honor of xxxsks(joe). It is a pic of a fully decked out SKS in Capco hunter's kit. This was mine, the only other pic I had ever seen of one was Joe's.

Online echo1

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Sharp-Shooter
  • Death from above
« Reply #63 on: September 21, 2020, 03:52:57 PM »
So, since I got new clothes for my project SKS here I thought I'd model her for you.

My OD K-Sport didn't have an HG, so I used a black Ramline HG, and an OD VZ 59 sling with the leather strap died black. The contrasting HG, recoil pad and hasp really sets it off. Plus the donor rifle was a Kengs Paratrooper with the cleanly neutered FSB. The whole build turned out nice. There's a picture of it here. PAX

https://www.firearmstalk.com/threads/k-sport-parka-para-clone-of-sorts.138328/

Hey PAX, have you ever thought about getting some OD Green Fusion paint made for plastics and painting your HG to match? Would bring it a little closer.

I have but it's tough to match exactly and since it's a quasi-clone to begin with, I like the contrasting bits. PAX
  You need a crew  

"A free people ought not only be armed and disciplined" (George Washington),
But they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of Independence from any who might attempt to abuse them. echo1

Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.~John Adams 1798

Offline Greatguns

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Sniper
« Reply #64 on: September 21, 2020, 04:03:47 PM »
I have but it's tough to match exactly and since it's a quasi-clone to begin with, I like the contrasting bits. PAX

Well, there's always the cheesegrater you could put on there if you wanted a change from the Ramline.
My Avatar is a pic of the real "Ghost" SKS in honor of xxxsks(joe). It is a pic of a fully decked out SKS in Capco hunter's kit. This was mine, the only other pic I had ever seen of one was Joe's.

Online echo1

• Sharp-Shooter
  • Death from above
« Reply #65 on: September 21, 2020, 06:43:35 PM »

Well, there's always the cheesegrater you could put on there if you wanted a change from the Ramline.

I like the cheese graters on milsurp wood furniture mostly. Here's a home grown Para with that set up.
https://www.firearmstalk.com/threads/mad-maxx-the-khyber-pass-boys.138284/
The Ramline has a unique profile that's very different from other synth HGs. I have 2 boxes of HGs, wood & synth. The only other different synth is the Choate 4 slot and no slot. I've got a slotted one on a black T6 with a long Yugo bayo. PAX
  You need a crew  

But they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of Independence from any who might attempt to abuse them. echo1

Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.~John Adams 1798

Offline Larry D.

• Sharp-Shooter
« Reply #66 on: September 21, 2020, 07:06:48 PM »
Well crap.
Now I'm thinking I need a black, ventilated handguard for the as yet un-named project SKS.
Η ΤΑΝ Η ΕΠΙ ΤΑΣ
-------------------

Thou shalt not test me.

Offline Greatguns

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Sniper
« Reply #67 on: September 21, 2020, 07:37:23 PM »
Well crap.
Now I'm thinking I need a black, ventilated handguard for the as yet un-named project SKS.

I have an extra Choate HG and a couple of Cheesegraters I was going to throw up for sale. rofl rofl YES, the ENABLER strikes again, but we can't blame this one on Justin though. chuckles1 chuckles1

Online echo1

• Sharp-Shooter
  • Death from above
« Reply #68 on: September 21, 2020, 08:33:41 PM »
Well crap.

I have an extra Choate HG and a couple of Cheesegraters I was going to throw up for sale. rofl rofl YES, the ENABLER strikes again, but we can't blame this one on Justin though. chuckles1 chuckles1

If Larry doesn't need the Choate, and it's a 4 slot, I'd take it. PAX
  You need a crew  

Offline Justin Hell

• Bubba/Purist Flip Flopper
  • BATTLEFIELD COMMISSION
  • Sniper
  • First Restore... Then Bubba.
« Reply #69 on: September 21, 2020, 09:30:00 PM »
Well crap.

Yes, but you can entangle Justin though...I need a Choate to go with the stock I got from astronut recently, which added to my ATI HG collection. I am also sorting through stuff to put in the box. I can include a cheesegrater, do you prefer with or without shell deflector Larry?  rofl2

Offline Justin Hell

• BATTLEFIELD COMMISSION
  • Sniper
« Reply #70 on: September 21, 2020, 09:48:06 PM »
This made me recall how badly I wanted a plain jane ATI black handguard for my first SKS that came in an Ultralite...while we are discussing contrasting bits, I kinda miss my wood handguard on black Combat Exchange look.  Once I finally got the ATI/CE HG...my now deceased neighbor and I both destroyed a handguard ferrule and my wood handguard trying to drive the pin out.  cry1

I never did actually install the dang ATI....and ran that gun without a handguard for nearly two years....just the tube, a floppy STILL attached ferrule, and a cut and retied hair tie to hold down the rear sight that came sans retaining spring.  rofl

I only burned myself once.

A week later I had a cheesegrater that I could cram into the YES still attached ferrule.  This was back in the days when cleaning happened often enough to always launch the op rod through the sheetrock across the room due to ignorance and forgetfulness being at war inside my head.  :-[

When I was courting a K-Sports a couple weeks ago without the handguard, I thought it would look great with a cheesegrater.

Another thing that is cool, is cheesegraters in the white.  I stripped the bluing on one....pert dern rad. :)

Offline Greatguns

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Sniper
« Reply #71 on: September 21, 2020, 11:12:16 PM »
Well crap.

Yes, but you can entangle Justin though...I need a Choate to go with the stock I got from astronut recently, which added to my ATI HG collection. I am also sorting through stuff to put in the box. I can include a cheesegrater, do you prefer with or without shell deflector Larry?  rofl2

Well, maybe I got 2 Choate HGs, LOL.

You should have watched LCs nifty little vid on removing the rear ferrule before you attempted fate. You'd have been an HG and a good ferrule richer and not have burned yourself. rofl rofl

Offline Larry D.

• Sharp-Shooter
« Reply #72 on: September 22, 2020, 01:21:19 AM »
Well crap.

Either would work.
I wouldn't know the difference, really.
Η ΤΑΝ Η ΕΠΙ ΤΑΣ
-------------------

Thou shalt not test me.

Offline Greatguns

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Sniper
« Reply #73 on: September 22, 2020, 08:56:35 AM »
Oooh, a shell deflector Cheese grater, now there's a rare bird.

Offline Larry D.

• Sharp-Shooter
« Reply #74 on: September 22, 2020, 11:45:10 AM »

As I said, I don't know enough to know if it even exists......
Η ΤΑΝ Η ΕΠΙ ΤΑΣ
-------------------

Thou shalt not test me.

Offline Justin Hell

• BATTLEFIELD COMMISSION
  • Sniper
« Reply #75 on: September 22, 2020, 12:46:15 PM »
Well crap.

Well, maybe I got 2 Choate HGs, LOL.

You should have watched LCs nifty little vid on removing the rear ferrule before you attempted fate. You'd have been an HG and a good ferrule richer and not have burned yourself. rofl rofl

Well, this was sixteen years ago. I probably could have just bought a new tube for like ten bucks. I probably didn't even notice the electropenciling...or care for that matter.   ;)

Offline Justin Hell

• BATTLEFIELD COMMISSION
  • Sniper
« Reply #76 on: September 22, 2020, 12:51:02 PM »

As I said, I don't know enough to know if it even exists......

I have a couple with the shell deflectors, one with the mount for a shell deflector sans deflector...I figured that one could go a long with one with it and you could just swap or skip the deflector on two guns. I also have several regular ones...some blued, some powder coated (i think).  I am planning on shipping today, let me know what tickles your fancy. :)

Offline Larry D.

• Sharp-Shooter
« Reply #77 on: September 22, 2020, 05:06:07 PM »
I'm a blue steel kind of guy.
Other than that, I'm open.
Η ΤΑΝ Η ΕΠΙ ΤΑΣ
-------------------

Thou shalt not test me.