Commercial Weapons > Hand Guns & Sub Guns

CZ-83s

(1/4) > >>

Ret-Sarge:
This is for Larry D who posted "Sarge - I could get to hate you...I've been looking all over the place for months for a CZ83 and here you have 2 of them......"

We bought two of them brand new on 31 March 1992 (Both made in 1991) while stationed at Rhein Main AB, Germany, I rotated back to the US on 08 July 1992.

I get a shotgun pattern at 30 feet with it, my wife gets a soda can size circle at 30 feet with rapid fire.

My father in law has one of them right now, he borrowed it and fell inove with it.  We paid $249.94 each for them, and we still have all the paperwork for them. Both of them are marked Mod. 83 Cal. 9 Browning Made In Czechoslovakia. All the paperwork that came with the gun is written in Czech. The gun is not marked US anywhere etc.

Paperwork we have for both of them.

Original purchase receipt
AE Form 190-6A (Firearms Retention Authorization)
AE Form 190-6C-R (Notification Of Firearm(s) Purchase)
ATF From 6 (Application And Permit For Importation Of Fireams, Ammunition And Implements Of War)
Original box w/ cleaning brush, factory test target, and engineering Inspection slip from CZ, along with both original 12 round magazines.

The one with the trigger lock is the one currently with my FIL. As you can see on the slide of the other gun, there are no import markings and that they were made in Czechoslovakia.

There's an extra picture of the one here with its older brother a 1953 CZ-52. Paid $250.00 for the CZ-52 with two magazines, holster, 100 rounds of ammo and a manual for it.

running-man:
That's a real beauty Sarge.  Neat story of how you got it and brought it back too.  Was dealing with the ATF to import it difficult?

Ret-Sarge:

--- Quote from: running-man on April 02, 2020, 04:28:25 PM ---That's a real beauty Sarge.  Neat story of how you got it and brought it back too.  Was dealing with the ATF to import it difficult?

--- End quote ---

Nope not at all. Since it's not a banned weapon it was almost too easy to be honest.

On one the paperwork came through real quick, the second one I had the paperwork forwarded to a stateside address. But that was not an problem caused by the ATF, I some how screwed the paperwork up on the second one and had to resubmit the paperwork.

I informed customs that I was carrying firearms in my baggage. I was taken off to side to an office. They verified the SN for the one I had the paperwork on and let me take it. The one I was waiting on paperwork for was locked up, a week later when I went to pick my car up at the port, I went by the air port showed them the paperwork for the second pistol and off I went, with it in hand.

It was just as easy as doing the ATF 4473 paperwork to purchase a weapon at your local gun store.

Larry D.:
I think those are the nicest looking ones I've ever seen.

Ret-Sarge:

--- Quote from: Larry D. on April 02, 2020, 06:05:03 PM ---I think those are the nicest looking ones I've ever seen.

--- End quote ---

Thank you, we tend to take care of our guns. The finish looks splotchy on the one, but it's just a heavy coat of oil. Being in Florida with the high humidity, all our guns are over oiled.

Both of 83s have never had a FTF or FTE they eat whatever we feed them and ask for more. They are really awesome pistols and my wife loves it. She learned to shoot it two handed first, then moved on to one handed, and is currently practicing weak handed with it. She can get a saucer or slightly bigger grouping doing rapid fire weak handed shooting at 30 feet.

I'm scare to death of her and her accuracy with it.  :o

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version