Author Topic: Chinese pinned barrel receiver?  (Read 1313 times)

Offline yellowjacket

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Cadet
Chinese pinned barrel receiver?
« on: March 17, 2020, 02:08:02 PM »
What are the chances of a Chinese pinned-type receiver (only) being found in the wild?  I happened upon a de-milled barreled receiver and box of parts.  Just wondering if such a thing even exist or not.  If I can't reconstitute the box of parts, will probably just sell off piece by piece.  Thanks.

Offline Loose}{Cannon

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Sniper
  • Constitutional Extremist
Re: Chinese pinned barrel receiver?
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2020, 09:05:13 PM »

I have nothing but conjecture to offer since I’ve never looked for bare receivers. The barreled actions that Sarco had I think were mainly, or exclusively, long-lug threaded barrels. I suspect receivers for pinned barrels are going to be uncommon since all the pinned barrel Type 56s came direct from China and were in good to excellent condition. That said, I’d be surprised if there weren’t a few out there.

Pretty much what P32 said.  'If' you found a pinned receiver, you would also need a new bolt and properly headspace it.  In the case of a pinned barrel, the headspacing WILL be determined by the pin slot location on the barrel.... could match up with another receiver and headspace correctly, but I wouldn't bank on it.

1776 will commence again if you try to take our firearms... It doesn't matter how many Lenins you get out on the street begging for them to be taken.

Offline yellowjacket

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Cadet
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2020, 09:51:51 PM »
Thanks for the responses and PMs.    I don’t have the proper tools to pull the barrel anyway so I’ll keep a few pristine spare parts and list the big stuff.

Online echo1

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Sharp-Shooter
  • Death from above
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2020, 11:43:21 PM »
Walt,

If you have a mind to, you could cut the receiver off the barrel, pull the front sight block, cut the barrel to Para length, then turn the muzzle on a lathe to the correct OD for the FSB. Then you could advertise it as a Para for pinned actions. Prolly make at least $5 bucks  ;) PAX
  You need a crew  

"A free people ought not only be armed and disciplined" (George Washington),
But they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of Independence from any who might attempt to abuse them. echo1

Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.~John Adams 1798

Offline yellowjacket

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Cadet
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2020, 06:09:31 AM »
Walt,

If you have a mind to, you could cut the receiver off the barrel, pull the front sight block, cut the barrel to Para length, then turn the muzzle on a lathe to the correct OD for the FSB. Then you could advertise it as a Para for pinned actions. Prolly make at least $5 bucks  ;) PAX

If I had and could run a lathe I’d probably be “turnng” this into some other toy.   8)