Author Topic: LCP 2 illegal in Californnia?  (Read 2522 times)

Online Boris Badinov

• BATTLEFIELD COMMISSION
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Sharp-Shooter
LCP 2 illegal in Californnia?
« on: August 03, 2017, 08:41:44 PM »
Can any California members (or anyone familiar with the recent California legislation) explain why the Ruger LCP2 .380 is illegal to own in my home state?

Offline running-man

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Sniper
  • The only way to avoid Mosin #2 is avoid Mosin #1!
Re: LCP 2 illegal in Californnia?
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2017, 09:45:40 PM »
My understanding is that licensed CA FFL dealers may not sell Ruger LCPs (new or used) because they are not on the CA 'Roster of Handguns Certified for Sale'. Non dealers (i.e. private citizens) can supposedly buy and sell them, but the whole DROS transfer thingy involves dealers, so I don't know how the laws are worded such that people get around it.  dntknw1

Online Boris Badinov

• BATTLEFIELD COMMISSION
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Sharp-Shooter
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2017, 10:00:41 PM »
Ah. Ok.

Yes that is confusing. Never thought not having an FFL could be more advantageous in the purchase or sale of a firearm?

So the FFL can't sell from this Roster but they can perform the transfer for the items listed on it?

I love my home state. But there are some very dumb things about it.

Thanks, RM.

Offline Direct Connection

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Marksman
  • California is where reality goes to die.
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2017, 09:29:46 AM »
 Just keep buying SkS's Boris and you'll be safe in more ways then one . I don't even try to keep up with these guys running this state. But Cal Guns is a good place to post this question. Thats where I go when it comes to Ca Regulations , laws and gun buying info. I do think RM in very much on track with his comment...