Author Topic: Help identify this Chinese 7.62x39  (Read 663 times)

Offline Greatguns

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Trade Count: (+22)
  • Sniper
  • Inventor of the Intrafuse folding adapter.
Help identify this Chinese 7.62x39
« on: February 26, 2022, 03:58:06 PM »
Posting this here since it is not M67 related.

Does anyone here know what this ammo is and which is which? One is supposed to be on stripper clips which I thought that came in the brown paper, but the seller on this stuff is saying the 1100rnds crates are on clips and the other crate is in brown paper wrap. He thinks the other crate is 1440 or 1500rnds, both of which are in 2 spam cans each. The cans in the 1100rnd crate are stamped 4/70 and 2/67 for date. I don't have a pic of an actual can of the other. Did Chinese come in 750rnd cans ever?

My Avatar is a pic of the real "Ghost" SKS in honor of xxxsks(joe). It is a pic of a fully decked out SKS in Capco hunter's kit. This was mine, the only other pic I had ever seen of one was Joe's.

Offline Greatguns

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Sniper
Re: Help identify this Chinese 7.62x39
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2022, 04:19:55 PM »
Well, I found the answer to one question, Chinese crates, at the least, came in 1100, 1440, and 1500rnds depending on how packaged and if they had stripper clips or not. I imagine probably era related as well.
My Avatar is a pic of the real "Ghost" SKS in honor of xxxsks(joe). It is a pic of a fully decked out SKS in Capco hunter's kit. This was mine, the only other pic I had ever seen of one was Joe's.

Offline echo1

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Sharp-Shooter
  • Death from above
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2022, 04:29:42 PM »
I love seeing ammo crates like those  thumb1 PAX
  You need a crew  

"A free people ought not only be armed and disciplined" (George Washington),
But they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of Independence from any who might attempt to abuse them. echo1

Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.~John Adams 1798

Offline Greatguns

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Sniper
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2022, 04:32:19 PM »
I am assuming this is all Copper washed ammo as well. You got any info on it Wayne?

Offline Greasemonkey

• Professional foul mouth. Banned for life!! Certified Enabler
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+14)
  • Sniper
  • The only way to avoid SKS #2, is avoid SKS #1!
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2022, 04:43:48 PM »
See this post.. it covers mosty Russian, but down further... P-enabler-32 has some links to Chinese ammo pdfs and stuffs..

https://sks-files.com/index.php?topic=6038.0
I'm going to make him an offer he can't refuse......

Leave the gun, take the cannoli.

I said I was an addict........I didn't say I had a problem

Offline Greatguns

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Sniper
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2022, 05:10:56 PM »
Thanks for jogging my memory GM. I have perused that french info link before many times but was having trouble finding it. That told me all I needed to know.

Offline echo1

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Sharp-Shooter
  • Death from above
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2022, 09:24:24 PM »
No real expertise on it but I do have 1 crate in my stash, at least 10 years old to me. PAX
  You need a crew  

"A free people ought not only be armed and disciplined" (George Washington),
But they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of Independence from any who might attempt to abuse them. echo1

Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.~John Adams 1798