Author Topic: Finnish capture serial  (Read 1064 times)

Offline Bacarnal

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Trade Count: (+7)
  • Sharp-Shooter
  • SQUIRREL!!! Camp Lejuene Water Survivor.
Finnish capture serial
« on: April 21, 2021, 05:25:46 PM »
Going to get this in a trade from a good friend.  Supposedly a 1941, but I have no picture of the receiver top, just the serial side.  Thanks!!

Offline pcke2000

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Sharp-Shooter
Re: Finnish capture serial
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2021, 12:54:11 AM »
Looks like a 1941 Izhevsk or Podolsk. Need more pics to tell the condition.

BTW, why are you interested in this specific rifle?

Offline Bacarnal

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Trade Count: (+7)
  • Sharp-Shooter
  • SQUIRREL!!! Camp Lejuene Water Survivor.
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2021, 01:13:49 AM »
Thanks, pcke.  I'm interested in the SVT-40 because it is a good follow on to the Mosin Nagant's for collecting.  The rifle pictured because I have know this rifle for a few years and my friend is willing to trade with me for it.  I've studied and collected M1 Garands and M1 Carbines for years.  While I haven't studied the history of the SVT-40 other than skimming general knowledge, they seem a fascinating area of research.  Cheers, Bruce.

Offline pcke2000

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Sharp-Shooter
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2021, 08:48:44 AM »
Thanks, pcke.  I'm interested in the SVT-40 because it is a good follow on to the Mosin Nagant's for collecting.  The rifle pictured because I have know this rifle for a few years and my friend is willing to trade with me for it.  I've studied and collected M1 Garands and M1 Carbines for years.  While I haven't studied the history of the SVT-40 other than skimming general knowledge, they seem a fascinating area of research.  Cheers, Bruce.

I am interested in Tokarev rifles too. Ask your friends about corrosion condition inside gas system and bore condition, and any cracks/repaired cracks on stock. Many Finn captured SVTs have rough bore and dirty gas system unfortunately.