Author Topic: Cherrys yugo  (Read 10515 times)

Offline John Galt

• Jack of all trades…Master of none!
  • SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Marksman
Cherrys yugo
« on: February 10, 2015, 07:33:37 PM »
I have no idea about these rifles.  I know they are usually found in nice shape, but are they more desirable than others?  Collectable?  What do I look for in a Cherrys?

John Galt
When the Cambrian measures were forming, They promised perpetual peace.
They swore, if we gave them our weapons, that the wars of the tribes would cease.
But when we disarmed They sold us and delivered us bound to our foe,
And the Gods of the Copybook Headings said: "Stick to the Devil you know."
Rudyard Kipling  1919

Offline Loose}{Cannon

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Sniper
  • Constitutional Extremist
Re: Cherrys yugo
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2015, 07:45:17 PM »
Basically they were un-issued brand new rifles....  not like one of those 250 rough 'last ditch' things that were imported by IO. Of course, whether its still in cosmo, condition etc will dictate value just like anything else. In original configuration and in very nice to new condition they are very collectable and desirable.

1776 will commence again if you try to take our firearms... It doesn't matter how many Lenins you get out on the street begging for them to be taken.

Online Greasemonkey

• Professional foul mouth. Banned for life!! Certified Enabler
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+14)
  • Sniper
  • The only way to avoid SKS #2, is avoid SKS #1!
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2015, 08:10:44 PM »
I'll throw a word of caution out there, I have a Cherrys import M48 Mauser, this thing rivals even a Mitchell Mauser in looks, but the bore is flat out horrible. This thing will shred a patch in the first 6 inches of bore, but, hey, it sure is pretty. chuckles1 The kicker is the bore was full of grease when I got it, I never would have thought it was a total toad.  I know they are not all this way, but inspect before you buy.
I'm going to make him an offer he can't refuse......

Leave the gun, take the cannoli.

I said I was an addict........I didn't say I had a problem

Offline Loose}{Cannon

• Administrator
  • Sniper
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2015, 08:25:52 PM »
Dif batch of guns completely....  but hey, I bet my serial is only 150,993,374 off from yours!  Like TWINS!!

1776 will commence again if you try to take our firearms... It doesn't matter how many Lenins you get out on the street begging for them to be taken.

Online Greasemonkey

• Administrator
  • Sniper
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2015, 08:28:14 PM »
Whatever woman ::)

Offline Loose}{Cannon

• Administrator
  • Sniper
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2015, 08:30:48 PM »
10 points

Online Greasemonkey

• Administrator
  • Sniper
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2015, 08:35:38 PM »
a 10, 10, 10, 10,, do I here 20, 20 20 20??? 

Offline Loose}{Cannon

• Administrator
  • Sniper
« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2015, 08:37:38 PM »
10 more and your muted.    rofl

Offline John Galt

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Marksman
« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2015, 07:38:28 PM »
I should have my Cherrys next week some time.  If it as good as it looks in the pics, I will be very happy.  $409 to my door!

John Galt
They swore, if we gave them our weapons, that the wars of the tribes would cease.
Rudyard Kipling  1919

Offline Justin Hell

• Bubba/Purist Flip Flopper
  • BATTLEFIELD COMMISSION
  • Trade Count: (+7)
  • Sniper
  • First Restore... Then Bubba.
« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2015, 12:59:49 AM »
I absolutely love mine...99.9% pristine, and a rather unique grain to the stock.  From what I have heard, they don't come with cleaning kits for some reason...so you will have to locate a Yugo specific version, which has brass attachments....LMK if you find more than one at a decent price,  I have been looking around off and on, and they don't come up very often.

I am a little ashamed of myself though, I actually fired 11 rounds through mine (one full mag, and one for my daughters 11th birthday)...having never had a Yugo before, I just had to see what all that extra weight at the muzzle felt like, and I wanted to see what the sights would be like.  I liked the extra weight for reducing muzzle whip, but the sights really don't work well for me.  I wish I had left it unfired....even though, it is unlikely you could tell I ever had.

$409 is a pretty good price for a Cherry's, I paid $450, and while that is more than an SKS should have gone for, it was mid panic prices, and it is a beautiful specimen.  Yugo's for some reason are not very prevalent around here...not that many SKS's of any variant are common here, but I have only seen a handful of Yugo's.

Make sure to post some pics when she arrives!

Offline 1mlt

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Marksman
« Reply #10 on: February 12, 2015, 02:19:46 AM »
My 1st SKS was a Yugo. Purchased from a "gun store". I called and asked if they had any Norinco's? Of course, they said yes come on in. Turned out, they had a crate full of Yugo's. I picked the best one from the lot of 8. Not sorry for one second I took it. It did 'spawn' on me thought. It has since been modified to take my G9, barrel has been shortened to 16 3/8", T6 Tapco stock, Murray stuff added. Other than my Russian 53 it is the most accurate SKS I own. You can't beat a Russian.

I also picked up a Cherry's Yugo recently from a board member. PRISTINE condition, will likely not ever be fired. A safe queen.

If you find a cherry "Cherry's Yugo, in pristine condition, buy it. You won't be disappointed. You may not want to shoot it though.

Marcus
There is but one language in the USA, English.
Teddy R.

Offline John Galt

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Marksman
« Reply #11 on: February 18, 2015, 09:36:38 PM »
Not feeling too good about the Cherry's Yugo.  My payment was supposed to be delivered yesterday…postman left a notice.  I emailed the guy and he said he would pick up the payment today.  I just checked and USPS says it is not delivered.   ???

John Galt
Rudyard Kipling  1919

Offline Loose}{Cannon

• Administrator
  • Sniper
« Reply #12 on: February 18, 2015, 09:39:08 PM »
 :-\

That kinda stuff can test your patience.   

Offline firstchoice

• Ozarks Ridge Runner
  • BATTLEFIELD COMMISSION
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Sharp-Shooter
  • "The Rolling W"-A.E.F. 89th Division-WW1-1917-1918
« Reply #13 on: May 11, 2015, 02:21:35 AM »
  Okay, newb here. Whatever happened on this? Reading through the "older" threads and found a cliffhanger with no ending. Just curious.

firstchoice

Offline John Galt

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Marksman
« Reply #14 on: May 11, 2015, 06:50:03 AM »
Hey firstchoice,

The guy told me that the sks was contested in a divorce and that he could not sell it.  I protested that the GB listing and my purchase was a legal contract but neither the seller or GB saw it my way  >:(  The seller did send my $$ back plus $10 for my trouble.  This seller was from Warrior Alabama and does have a brick and mortar store.

John Galt
Rudyard Kipling  1919

Offline firstchoice

• Ozarks Ridge Runner
  • BATTLEFIELD COMMISSION
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Sharp-Shooter
  • "The Rolling W"-A.E.F. 89th Division-WW1-1917-1918
« Reply #15 on: May 12, 2015, 03:25:52 AM »
Wow, didn't end well, but not as bad as it could have been. Glad you got your money back. That had to have put a twist in your step for a few days, anyway, huh? What kind of feedback history had the Seller had previously?
  GB is kind of a strange duck to deal with. I had over 120 purchases on GB with all A+ Feedback rating. All were won firearms auctions, all satisfied Sellers. Then, I won an auction on a RPB MAC10 Open Bolt Pistol that I had had on my list to collect. A friend took a look at the pictures of the pistol and noticed that although it was marked only 9mm, the previous owner, (somewhere down the line), had removed the 9mm grip and replaced (rewelded) it with a .45acp grip, and converted it to a .45acp/9mm type setup via an adapter that slipped inside the .45acp magwell. Nah......Well, I contacted the Seller and explained to him that it was not as advertised and that I was not sure that it was even legal to do this since ATF had made RPB halt production of the Open Bolt pistols in '82 or '83, I think it was, due to "ease of conversion" issues. I had no desire to purchase a pistol with an optional prison sentence!
  Like you, GB didn't see it my way and closed my account. PERIOD. It was such a shock to me that I didn't even try to fight it. I thought I had a valid complaint and possible legal worry, but GB said bye bye. Oh well, there's lots of fish in the pond, eh?
   I may try to speak with the GB folks and work it out, not sure yet. I had made them a good share of money and kept an A+ Feedback Rating. Not sure what it takes there to get the benefit of a doubt?

Thanks John Galt for getting back to me and explaining your story. Appreciate it!

firstchoice

Offline John Galt

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Marksman
« Reply #16 on: May 12, 2015, 06:34:22 AM »
firstchoice,

I just checked my GB account.  The seller had a A+ (116) rating when I won the Cherry's for $379.  My feeling is that one of the employees of the store thought he/she put up an ordinary Yugo, it sold, and then the boss checks up on the sale and puts the brakes on…of course, I have no evidence of this. 

The whole story of this Cherry's was here on the files…but I don't know what happened to it! 

John Galt
Rudyard Kipling  1919

Offline Loose}{Cannon

• Administrator
  • Sniper
« Reply #17 on: May 12, 2015, 10:42:43 AM »
Pretty sure its in the members section somewhere John...

Offline Gator Monroe

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Cadet
« Reply #18 on: May 12, 2015, 11:11:14 AM »
Issues with GB are not common (But when they happen its usually a drastic or unusual situation ) Mine was seller had a Death in family and related issues (Travel) ( Family Disputes) and the finalization of deal (Shipping Items to me) was delayed almost a month.

Offline Gator Monroe

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Cadet
« Reply #19 on: May 12, 2015, 07:28:18 PM »
Did Cherrys have the Electro Pencil added serial #s & even pencil pencil serial#s on wood items ???