Author Topic: Call me Crapgame  (Read 871 times)

Offline todd092157

• Crapgame
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Newber
  • Maybe the guy's a Republican
Call me Crapgame
« on: March 14, 2023, 05:39:57 PM »
1st post y'all.  Glad to be here.  Hope to glean some info from you bastards and maybe impart some myself.  Bought my SKS back in the early '80s.  Went to a gun show looking for a semi-auto military type weapon, but couldn't afford an AR (which is what I was looking for) and happened upon a seller displaying Chinese SKS's.  Minutes later and $80.00 poorer, I became the proud owner of a new SKS (see attached photo of rifle as purchased).  Came with folding stock, cleaning kit, sling and 30 rd magazine.  I recently pulled if out of the safe in my bunker after a long hiatus.  Got some questions for you folks, but will post open the appropriate forum for answers.  Already completed the Comprehensive Chinese SKS Survey V2.0

.........because I hit what I aim at

Online echo1

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Sharp-Shooter
  • Death from above
Re: Call me Crapgame
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2023, 06:03:24 PM »
Welcome abord, PAX
  You need a crew  

"A free people ought not only be armed and disciplined" (George Washington),
But they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of Independence from any who might attempt to abuse them. echo1

Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.~John Adams 1798

Offline Greatguns

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Trade Count: (+22)
  • Sniper
  • Inventor of the Intrafuse folding adapter.
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2023, 06:34:11 PM »
Welcome to the files from KCMO
My Avatar is a pic of the real "Ghost" SKS in honor of xxxsks(joe). It is a pic of a fully decked out SKS in Capco hunter's kit. This was mine, the only other pic I had ever seen of one was Joe's.

Offline running-man

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Sniper
  • The only way to avoid Mosin #2 is avoid Mosin #1!
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2023, 07:16:21 PM »
Greetings from NM.  Welcome aboard.

Online Papahound

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Rifleman
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2023, 12:06:20 AM »

Welcome from NC  thumb1

Offline 1mlt

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Marksman
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2023, 12:58:24 PM »
Hi, from Texas.
There is but one language in the USA, English.
Teddy R.

Offline Direct Connection

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Marksman
  • California is where reality goes to die.
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2023, 02:53:42 AM »
Welcome from the Great State of Jefferson. 👍 It appears that one has never had a Woodie  😂 

Offline Bacarnal

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Trade Count: (+7)
  • Sharp-Shooter
  • SQUIRREL!!! Camp Lejuene Water Survivor.
« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2023, 08:10:18 PM »
Welcome from KY!!

Offline 1mlt

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Marksman
« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2023, 02:49:08 PM »
Welcome from the Great State of Jefferson. 👍 It appears that one has never had a Woodie  😂
I'm confused. I am not familiar with a State called "Jefferson"? WHERE MIGHT THAT STATE BE PLEASE? Not being ugly, just asking?
There is but one language in the USA, English.
Teddy R.

Offline Greatguns

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Trade Count: (+22)
  • Sniper
  • Inventor of the Intrafuse folding adapter.
« Reply #9 on: March 18, 2023, 06:06:34 PM »
I'm confused. I am not familiar with a State called "Jefferson"? WHERE MIGHT THAT STATE BE PLEASE? Not being ugly, just asking?

Me thinks he is referring to Jefferson Airplane/Jefferson Starship maybe??? As in the bay area, as in California. The only other thought was Jefferson Davis who was from Mississippi, but we all know DC is in CA. (Well, at least I do, LOL)
My Avatar is a pic of the real "Ghost" SKS in honor of xxxsks(joe). It is a pic of a fully decked out SKS in Capco hunter's kit. This was mine, the only other pic I had ever seen of one was Joe's.

Offline Phosphorus32

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Sniper
  • Send lawyers guns and money...uh, skip the lawyers
« Reply #10 on: March 18, 2023, 08:12:17 PM »

Me thinks he is referring to Jefferson Airplane/Jefferson Starship maybe??? As in the bay area, as in California. The only other thought was Jefferson Davis who was from Mississippi, but we all know DC is in CA. (Well, at least I do, LOL)

Sort of close. It's the proposed secessionist state of far Northern California and Southern Oregon for pot growers and gun nuts ;) rofl  The older more relaxed surviving pot farmers from the 1960s still growing cultivars of Panama Red etc. may groove to the Jefferson Airplane and New Riders of the Purple Sage.

Offline High Noon

• Watching the clock.
  • Trade Count: (+4)
  • Marksman
« Reply #11 on: March 21, 2023, 11:22:14 PM »
Welcome to the site.