Author Topic: Yugo project  (Read 929 times)

Offline Gravygrabbr

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Newber
Yugo project
« on: August 29, 2021, 10:22:30 PM »
I found a yugo project at a local gun show. It was the stock, reciever, barrel and bayo. The rest is missing. I managed to snag a unpopulated bolt, small piston, firing pin and recoil spring and tubes for the middle minus the clip. I was able to assemble the bolt with some spare Tapco parts I had new in cosmoline from a decade ago. I added the extractor and extractor spring and pin. I also found a Russian carrier cover.    I see lots of carriers and trigger assembles. What I can’t find is a yugo gas tube. Any ideas? Also will Chinese/Russian parts work for the rest of my missing parts? Edit: looks like a E model 1968
« Last Edit: August 29, 2021, 10:38:09 PM by Gravygrabbr »

Offline firstchoice

• Ozarks Ridge Runner
  • BATTLEFIELD COMMISSION
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Sharp-Shooter
  • "The Rolling W"-A.E.F. 89th Division-WW1-1917-1918
Re: Yugo project
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2021, 05:28:15 AM »
Hey Gravygrabbr!

If you can find one, Tapco made replacement Gas Tubes and Gas Pistons for the Yugo rifles. They were well made and came with either a ribbed upper handguard or the later railed upper handguard. I think Tapco left the retail market but you should still be able to find one online. Maybe Ebay? Ebay would probably be your best bet for either original surplus Yugo gas tubes or aftermarket types like the Tapco.

Others will chime in with thoughts on best places to find one. There could even be someone here that has one to get rid of.

Welcome to the board, BTW! When you get the chance, introduce yourself in the Introductions Section and tell us a bit about yourself and your SKS passions, er, interest.  chuckles1  It's just a chance for everyone to get to know you and to know that you're here now. Great to have you join us! If you have any questions or can't navigate the site like you want to, send me a PM and I'll help you as much as I know how.  thumb1

firstchoice

Offline BMont

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Marksman
Re: Yugo project
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2021, 10:56:00 AM »
Keep an eye on ebay... Americas greatest garage sale you will find it.