Author Topic: Para for a 308 bolt gun?  (Read 1640 times)

Offline Chase the fizz

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Newber
Para for a 308 bolt gun?
« on: April 15, 2018, 08:04:32 AM »
Would a 1966 paratrooper be worth enough to trade for a 308 bolt gun? Im figuring an entry level bolt gun would be in the 500ish range, and if i can find someone that wants a para, i might be able to strike a deal.

Am i being realistic? I just dont want to sound like an idiot when trying to make a deal. Ive got some ammo and a couple of trinkets to throw into the deal, i just want to know if im overshooting here.
Most animals are cute and cuddly, until backed into a corner. Then the REAL animal comes out.

Offline Power Surge

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Sharp-Shooter
  • Commercial dude
Re: Para for a 308 bolt gun?
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2018, 12:49:05 PM »
There's no such thing as a 1966 paratrooper. It's a 1966 military SKS that has been chopped and shortened in the 80s/90s.

Paratroopers have no collector value above a standard SKS, unless it's a special model.

However, the masses who drink the kool aid about paras being some special gun, seem to greatly overpay for them.

IMO, and standard paratrooper is a $350-$400 gun. But people do pay up to $600 for them.

So the dealmaker with your proposed trade, is just finding someone with a 308 that they feel is an equal trade.