Author Topic: New Korean AK mags  (Read 2463 times)

Offline Power Surge

• BATTLEFIELD COMMISSION
  • Trade Count: (+4)
  • Sharp-Shooter
  • Commercial dude
New Korean AK mags
« on: July 13, 2015, 07:02:50 PM »
For those who don't know, there's a new supplier out of Korea making AK mags.

I picked up 3 ten round mags, since I use them in my AK mag SKS'. They were 10 bucks each, and most online suppliers carry them now.

They are pretty nice. I have pics below comparing them to a Chinese 5 round (which you can fit 9 rounds in, 10 if you shave the follower), and a Romanian 10 round. First thing to see, is they are a bit taller than the Romanian 10 round. They are all steel construction, including the follower. They are painted black, instead of blued metal. The sheet steel used is thinner (as expected), but the construction is excellent. The feed lips are double walled, the rear "tab" is a machined chunk welded to the mag, and the spot welds look perfect. While not feeling as robust as an original mag, I feel the precision of the construction on these mags make them just as strong.

Fit wise.... they are a little tight locking in. Seems like the rear spring latch has a hard time locking the rear tab. I might need to just file the rear tab a little...it's probably a tad thick.

Offline armedhippie

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Marksman
  • Love your family and keep your powder dry.
Re: New Korean AK mags
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2015, 12:10:37 AM »
Sweet. Thanks for the review man. The Korean looks clean and tight. I'll admit I've been holding out on getting any of these Korean mags but since I need a ten rounder anyway... will be a good place to start. I have a LGS that has prob 30/40 of the 30 rd's at around $10-12 apiece. Might just go ahead and hit them up as well.

When ya take it out to the range for a spin, tell us how it performs and holds up.
Hippies are like stray cats...Feed 'em once and they never leave...then they stink up your couch.