Author Topic: CZ 52  (Read 3625 times)

Offline Phosphorus32

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Sniper
  • Send lawyers guns and money...uh, skip the lawyers
CZ 52
« on: November 02, 2017, 08:45:11 PM »
Stopped by my LGS last Friday and found this nice matching Czech CZ52 pistol that I had to take home.

Československá zbrojovka Strakonice (code: rid), the Czechoslovakian arsenal in Strakonice produced these SAO pistols in 7.62x25mm from 1952-54. Reportedly about 200-250K were produced.  It's an interesting semiautomatic design with the roller delayed blowback system previously observed in the German MG42 machine gun and later in the HK G3 assault rifle. The grey Parkerizing is the original finish, though some were blued upon refurbishment. The crossed swords near the 54 indicated acceptance into the Czechoslovakian military.

With a Czech helmet and Romanian 7.62x25mm surplus ammunition

Disassembly: is easily accomplished by pulling down on the slide release found on both sides, then pushing the slide slightly forward until the tabs in the slide can disengage from the small grooves in the frame, lifting up and out. The empty magazine floorplate hooks into the groove on the bottom of the barrel (chamber) and is used to compress the return spring and release the barrel from the slide. The spring slips over the barrel in either direction. Typical simple, robust Czech firearms design.

Offline newchi

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Marksman
Re: CZ 52
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2017, 09:30:34 PM »
aawwww the little face on the barrel is so cute! :)

Reminds me of Zebadee  rofl

Offline Greasemonkey

• Professional foul mouth. Banned for life!! Certified Enabler
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+14)
  • Sniper
  • The only way to avoid SKS #2, is avoid SKS #1!
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2017, 10:24:47 PM »
Space agey looking things..  drool2 So much so, they used them in Battlestar Galactica.  Defiantly a different design..  it's not with out 2 design flaws.. brittle firing pin and beware of flat spotted rollers. I snapped the tip off one of my firing pins, it's enough of an issue, aftermarket ones were made.  The rollers, if they flat spot, then it can become a mess if not caught, they will chew up the barrel and could lock the slide up..  ask me how I know :)  Also, don't run it dry, not sopping wet, but they don't do dry.  I have managed to collect 2 extra pins, 2 sets of rollers and even a spare barrel. If your tempted, a 9mm barrel can be found and you can use the same magazine, I missed that boat, had to buy rollers, a cage and a firing pin.

This is where I got all my replacement stuff, no issues and it doesn't alter the weapon.
https://harringtonproducts.com/firing-pins/

Old picture.....note to self......self, never take photos with the garage door open in a raging thunderstorm... Had to reclean and oil afterwards.. chuckles1

« Last Edit: November 02, 2017, 10:36:04 PM by Greasemonkey »
I'm going to make him an offer he can't refuse......

Leave the gun, take the cannoli.

I said I was an addict........I didn't say I had a problem

Offline Loose}{Cannon

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Sniper
  • Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2017, 12:02:41 AM »
I knew GM would be happy happy happy.   rofl

What is that funky ringed/grooved/threaded/bolt lookin thingy hanging down just forward of the trigger guard? 

1776 will commence again if you try to take our firearms... It doesn't matter how many Lenins you get out on the street begging for them to be taken.

Offline Greasemonkey

• Professional foul mouth. Banned for life!! Certified Enabler
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+14)
  • Sniper
  • The only way to avoid SKS #2, is avoid SKS #1!
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2017, 12:17:44 AM »

What is that funky ringed/grooved/threaded/bolt lookin thingy hanging down just forward of the trigger guard? 

It's the slide release, pull it down, off comes the slide.
I'm going to make him an offer he can't refuse......

Leave the gun, take the cannoli.

I said I was an addict........I didn't say I had a problem

Online Boris Badinov

• BATTLEFIELD COMMISSION
  • Sharp-Shooter
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2017, 10:21:32 AM »
Definitely and interesting, futuristic aesthetic for a handgun.

I've seen them fairly frequently at shows over the past five years. Cant recall what price range sellers were asking.

Offline Phosphorus32

• Administrator
  • Sniper
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2017, 12:44:55 PM »
Thanks for the info and parts link GM!  thumb1

I had heard that about the firing pin. I've only field stripped mine, haven't had the FP out but I've read about the heavy trigger pull on these and I think it's more like my Makarovs, so I wonder if someone hasn't already put a spring kit and FP into this one...

This is an interesting site for seeing where firearms have been used in the movies and TV:
http://www.imfdb.org/wiki/CZ_52

BB, they seem to be selling for $300+ these days, though I scored this one for quite a bit less (granted, this one has no extra mag and no holster).

Offline carls sks

• Sharp-Shooter
« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2017, 05:23:14 PM »
learn something, thanks for sharing.  thumb1
ARMY NAM VET, SO PROUD!

Offline Phosphorus32

• Administrator
  • Sniper
« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2017, 11:13:53 PM »
Thanks Carl!

Hey GM, I took the firing pin out (FP channel was filthy) and I definitely see one of those Harrington replacement FPs in my future. The tip looks slightly bent  nea1