Author Topic: Blade bayonet on Chinese??  (Read 1106 times)

Offline Marco

• "Did you see the size of that chicken?"
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Newber
Blade bayonet on Chinese??
« on: September 23, 2020, 12:42:54 AM »
Can I put a Yugoslavia blade bayonet on a Chinese barrel and would I need different hardware? I have a stock with blade cutout on the way and a Chinese barreled receiver also.
Am I gonna run into troubles?
Thanks

Offline Greatguns

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Trade Count: (+22)
  • Sniper
  • Inventor of the Intrafuse folding adapter.
Re: Blade bayonet on Chinese??
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2020, 09:52:31 AM »
Can I put a Yugoslavia blade bayonet on a Chinese barrel and would I need different hardware? I have a stock with blade cutout on the way and a Chinese barreled receiver also.
Thanks

Yugo M59 yes, Yugo M59/66 and M59/66A1 no. Not only is the collar different, the blade is longer. Now, if the shank/stem area where the collar rides is the same length and the spring is the same you could get a regular collar and grind the blade down to the 9" regular bayonet length, but then you'd be ruining an M59/66 bayonet. But I do see a bunch of those around on Ebay.
My Avatar is a pic of the real "Ghost" SKS in honor of xxxsks(joe). It is a pic of a fully decked out SKS in Capco hunter's kit. This was mine, the only other pic I had ever seen of one was Joe's.

Offline Justin Hell

• Bubba/Purist Flip Flopper
  • BATTLEFIELD COMMISSION
  • Trade Count: (+7)
  • Sniper
  • First Restore... Then Bubba.
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2020, 10:22:47 AM »
Thanks

Yugo M59 yes, Yugo M59/66 and M59/66A1 no. Not only is the collar different, the blade is longer. Now, if the shank/stem area where the collar rides is the same length and the spring is the same you could get a regular collar and grind the blade down to the 9" regular bayonet length, but then you'd be ruining an M59/66 bayonet. But I do see a bunch of those around on Ebay.

There is also the matter of the stock ferrule on the Chinese....until you get the barreled receiver you won't know if it's a blade type or spike type. Once you have it, if it has a V shape for the blade notched into the ferrule, you can go blade...if it's more U shaped and shallow...it's for a spike.  You would be better off getting a Chinese or Russian blade...selling the Yugo to fund it.  If your receiver turns out to be for a spike, the easiest route would be to go for a spike...but, if you feel like a lot of work, you could remove the front sight, the gas block, and then the original U shaped ferrule, hit me up...and get a blade stock ferrule. I have several.  This is quite an undertaking though...I ground a U into a V (poorly) on one of my guns...and just haven't been able to bring myself to do all that to replace it.

I have put a Yugo blade on a Chinese before....but it required the use of an aftermarket ATI Dragunov stock, that I cut a looongg bayonet cut into.

Offline Marco

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Newber
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2020, 09:16:31 PM »
Alrighty then,
I'll just wait for the surprise reveal of the ferule type and make some decisions.
Thank you both for the great information
Marco

Online echo1

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Sharp-Shooter
  • Death from above
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2020, 01:54:13 PM »
I put a lM59/66 blade on one of my T6 stocked rifles just because it fits. With the bayo extended and the butt all the way out, it's quite long. PAX
  You need a crew  

"A free people ought not only be armed and disciplined" (George Washington),
But they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of Independence from any who might attempt to abuse them. echo1

Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.~John Adams 1798