Author Topic: Paratrooper  (Read 6722 times)

Offline CARBINE

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Marksman
  • Ижевск карабины король
Paratrooper
« on: October 15, 2014, 10:21:25 PM »
I picked this one up tonight for $325. 10 million factory 26, Imported by Trident Arms, anyone ever heard of them? I haven't I thought that was kind of odd...but what do I know! Should be a nice shooter, I have a soft spot for the paratroopers.

“If you could kick the person in the pants responsible for most of your trouble, you wouldn’t sit for a month.” - Theodore Roosevelt

Offline running-man

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Sniper
  • The only way to avoid Mosin #2 is avoid Mosin #1!
Re: Paratrooper
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2014, 10:35:04 PM »
Funny you should post this one Tony, we were talking about Xinshidai guns here not too long ago: XinshiWha??

Looks like a nice shorty there! For $325 it was a steal, these have been routinely selling for $50 more on gunbroker, & many lack the shortened bayonet.  thumb1

Offline CARBINE

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Marksman
  • Ижевск карабины король
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2014, 10:50:59 PM »
Now that you say it, I read that post! In one ear out the other I guess. :-[
“If you could kick the person in the pants responsible for most of your trouble, you wouldn’t sit for a month.” - Theodore Roosevelt

Offline Justin Hell

• Bubba/Purist Flip Flopper
  • BATTLEFIELD COMMISSION
  • Trade Count: (+7)
  • Sniper
  • First Restore... Then Bubba.
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2014, 02:54:08 AM »
That is a great score....I so covet a paratrooper.  cry1

Offline Dannyboy53

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Sniper
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2014, 03:32:52 AM »
Beautiful carbine! How much length is taken off the barrels? And I have never been really clear on this but are the barrels shortened in China for the importer?

Offline Lmbass14

• Enjoying another trip around the sun.
  • SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Rifleman
  • Just livin' the dream.
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2014, 08:55:54 AM »
Gotta love it.  How's the re-crown?
In war, there are no winners or losers.  Just survivors. DR

Offline running-man

• Administrator
  • Sniper
« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2014, 11:14:36 AM »
Beautiful carbine! How much length is taken off the barrels? And I have never been really clear on this but are the barrels shortened in China for the importer?

Hey Danny.  Most Paratroopers were indeed shortened in China.  They took the barrels from 20 1/2" down to 16 1/2", so they cut off approximately 4".

Offline Dannyboy53

• Sniper
« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2014, 01:42:07 PM »

Hey Danny.  Most Paratroopers were indeed shortened in China.  They took the barrels from 20 1/2" down to 16 1/2", so they cut off approximately 4".

Thank you r-m, I wasn't sure if it was done this way or if someone in the states were doing this. So can we assume from this the Chinese have had a pretty fair sized inventory of /26\ guns stocked in China since they have created this fairly new category (Para's) for the commercial market? If that were so it would be nice to be able to spend a week with a camera and notebook going through all those racks of guns!

Are these Paratroopers being treated as /26\ guns in the Survey or is it too much of a risk in "contaminating" the /26\ gun info? I suppose I'm also assuming (I hate that word) there might have been other changes in the Paratroopers that would dilute the characteristics of the 26's.

Offline running-man

• Administrator
  • Sniper
« Reply #8 on: October 16, 2014, 02:25:00 PM »
The survey simply takes all the characteristics down.  When I sort, I can sort by anything. 
You want to see all the guns with /26\ marks, no problem. 
You want to see every 16 1/2" gun, check!
You want every gun with a III on the sight ladder, a pinned barrel, and a late two sided firing pin, yes sir! 

It's the patterns that are going to make the connections between the various arsenals.

As far as categorizing them, since we don't have a known refurb mark on Chinese guns like the Russians do, we have to take things in the survey with a grain of salt.  A single instance of a certain feature on a certain series of rifles needs to be repeatable, otherwise it could be a refurb replacement part, an error in someone entering info in the survey, or even someone dicking around and trying to throw the survey off.  We simply need more data, and that takes time to come in.   thumb1

Offline XXXSKS

• HOT DAMN Commercial SKS EXPERT YeeeeeeeeHaaaaaa
  • BATTLEFIELD COMMISSION
  • Marksman
  • AC/T84 "D" KS-30 MC-5D "M" NR Sporter 63 93
« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2014, 12:04:33 AM »
I picked this one up tonight for $325. 10 million factory 26, Imported by Trident Arms, anyone ever heard of them? I haven't I thought that was kind of odd...but what do I know! Should be a nice shooter, I have a soft spot for the paratroopers.

Nice rifle and a very fair price.

Danny
   The Paratrooper concept originated here in the states. Prototypes were done here and the importers realized it was not cost effective to do the conversion here. So the idea was passed to the Chinese and with their miniscule labor rates the rest is history.  All barrel shorting, AK conversions and RIVETED scope rails were done in China.

8).........................Joe
WELP ....................HORK SPIT........................

Offline Dannyboy53

• Sniper
« Reply #10 on: October 18, 2014, 01:54:26 AM »
Thanks Joe & running-man for the info!

Offline Carl in CT

• Right Wing Extremist
  • SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Marksman
  • Violating safe spaces everywhere
« Reply #11 on: October 20, 2014, 12:28:58 PM »
Really sweet para there and a very good price, congrats! I love the paras.
It's sad that the motto of young Americans isn't "live free or die" or "I regret that I have but one life to give for my country" or even "ask not what your country can do for you but what you can do for your country". Instead their motto is "pee yourself, shelter in place and cry for help". Pathetic.