Author Topic: Thoughts on the Albanian SKS  (Read 9679 times)

Offline Worm

• BATTLEFIELD COMMISSION
  • Trade Count: (+7)
  • Sharp-Shooter
Re: Thoughts on the Albanian SKS
« Reply #20 on: March 18, 2015, 09:19:38 PM »
We'll never know the reason for the long stock. But the charging handle was due to the ease of production.

As stated earlier it was a simpler design than other SKS's, but it is NOT as ergonomic. Every time I charge the carrier on my Albanian I feel like my finger will slip off, I prefer the other, normal style.

The longer stock does give the gun a shorter feel, at least to me, almost a psychological close quarters advantage, but more than likely not the reason.

The magazine is differently shaped but gives it no advantage.

Some spare parts from other SKS's wont work also.

All in all, I feel they were going for their own look, hoho must have liked to spice things up, there's just no other reason.

Offline Justin Hell

• Bubba/Purist Flip Flopper
  • BATTLEFIELD COMMISSION
  • Trade Count: (+7)
  • Sniper
  • First Restore... Then Bubba.
« Reply #21 on: March 18, 2015, 09:43:35 PM »
It is almost like they were given rough blueprints, decided to tinker with the idea a little...and made them from scratch.

So many minor details, with no regard to functionality.... Wonky looking mags, black and slightly shorter bayonets, and the stocks and gas tubes....its like they found the remnants of one in the mud, and reinvented it themselves.

With the mods done to a 59/66...there is an apparent reason. Albania seems to be avoiding patent laws. :)

Albania must be a pretty weird place...all those dudes in LC's photo look a little um....off???

Offline Loose}{Cannon

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Sniper
  • Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #22 on: March 18, 2015, 10:23:56 PM »
I run into Albanians all the time.....   'off' could be an accurate term to describe many of them.

1776 will commence again if you try to take our firearms... It doesn't matter how many Lenins you get out on the street begging for them to be taken.

Offline Greasemonkey

• Professional foul mouth. Banned for life!! Certified Enabler
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+14)
  • Sniper
  • The only way to avoid SKS #2, is avoid SKS #1!
« Reply #23 on: March 19, 2015, 02:38:33 AM »
rofl

I love posting here....you guys crack me up. :)

I would love to seen an SKS with the full 19th century wood beyond the average man's reach.....maybe even a longer barrel, just so the Lorax gets pissy....

The second butthole should be used to hold the plug to convert to black powder if necessary.... chuckles1

An SKS in a manlicker stock, or how ever you spell it would be interesting.

The second port well maybe, it would.be used.in the Albanian version BrokeBack Mountain
I'm going to make him an offer he can't refuse......

Leave the gun, take the cannoli.

I said I was an addict........I didn't say I had a problem