Author Topic: GB listings for November, 2017 - Albanian  (Read 2770 times)

Offline running-man

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Sniper
  • The only way to avoid Mosin #2 is avoid Mosin #1!
GB listings for November, 2017 - Albanian
« on: January 11, 2018, 03:01:37 PM »
Here are the Albanian SKS 561s for this month.
  • # sold: 1
  • Lowest Sale Price: $786.00
  • Avg. Sale Price: $786.00
  • Highest Sale Price: $786.00
  • As-Issued Avg. Price: $N/A
Please let me know any feedback (good or bad) to these.

If you have an objection or observation to add to anything I've listed, by all means call it out.  Let's look at it long and hard (I only look at each listing for a minute or two at most) and maybe everyone can learn a thing or two!  thumb1

-RM

Item Link | Description |# Bids | Final Price | Arsenal Condition | Current Condition | RM's Notes
  • 714196589 | Albanian SKS 7.62x 39 20.25 in Bbl | 8 | $786.00 | Refurbished | Good | A replacement stock Alby goes for almost 8 Benjamins.  Now I've seen it all!

Offline wvsks

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Cadet
Re: GB listings for November, 2017 - Albanian
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2018, 10:32:42 PM »
My eyes aren't the best, but that upper handguard looks off too. Really surprised it went for that much.

Offline firstchoice

• Ozarks Ridge Runner
  • BATTLEFIELD COMMISSION
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Sharp-Shooter
  • "The Rolling W"-A.E.F. 89th Division-WW1-1917-1918
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2018, 04:59:29 AM »
My eyes aren't the best, but that upper handguard looks off too. Really surprised it went for that much.

Without seeing the underside of the gas tube with the scribed SN, it's uncertain if the handguard is original to that gun, or not. It's the correct color for the 1969 Alby's. The stock is definitely a replacement. If I had to bet on it, I'd say it's the correct, matching handguard.

Along with the almost $800 final price paid, the fact that the Oct. and Nov. 2017 total Alby's sold, (on GB), were one for each month maybe shows buyers are getting desperate to find one? And it could be that the Sellers are just finding the "right buyer". We'll see what the next 4-6 months totals come up with on that. I hope there will be some still up for grabs before they're all ratholed away. I'm still looking for that nice "Nun" for me.  thumb1

It does amaze me how these incomplete, low count of good pictures (lack of complete showing of important details)-type auctions pull off these high prices.  think1

firstchoice

Offline Phosphorus32

• Administrator
  • Sniper
  • Send lawyers guns and money...uh, skip the lawyers
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2018, 02:19:43 PM »
It does amaze me how these incomplete, low count of good pictures (lack of complete showing of important details)-type auctions pull off these high prices.  think1

firstchoice

Yeah, it makes me wonder if I should list things with 4 dark and fuzzy pics and misspelled names (Moisin, Mouser, Elbonian) to see if I can attract those clever people looking for a steal...and willing to pay exorbitant prices for that steal  ???  rofl

Offline firstchoice

• Ozarks Ridge Runner
  • BATTLEFIELD COMMISSION
  • Sharp-Shooter
  • "The Rolling W"-A.E.F. 89th Division-WW1-1917-1918
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2018, 04:10:29 AM »

firstchoice

Yeah, it makes me wonder if I should list things with 4 dark and fuzzy pics and misspelled names (Moisin, Mouser, Elbonian) to see if I can attract those clever people looking for a steal...and willing to pay exorbitant prices for that steal  ???  rofl

Yep, agreed Phosthumb1  Maybe RM should start an award for "Most Unusual Outcome" for the auctions? Or, "Who'd a thunk it?"  :))  Some of these sure will keep a guy scratching his head!

firstchoice