General Milsurp Weapons > All the rest

Couple of questions about the VZ 52/57 and VZ52

(1/2) > >>

BishopofBling:
Anyone that owns a VZ52/57, is it possible to load the rifle with SKS stripper clips? Or is it rock and lock with the magazine only?

And does anyone make a new barrel chambered in 7.62x39mm? I'll have a VZ52 coming in and I would keep the original barrel and just use the 7.62x39mm for general shooting. Chrome lined would be a plus. I've heard of the chamber inserts but I'd have to modify an original barrel and I've head they got spotty reliability so that option doesn't appeal to me.

Greasemonkey:
Strippers work fine in it, I've got a whole crap load of BXN Czech strippers, it's not really designed for mag swaps like an Ak. They are the same rifle, just different caliber and name. I've never seen the Vz.52 or Vz.52/57 with a chromed bore, Most bores on the Vz.52's are a little rough, I think Green Mountain might make a conversion barrel, but I haven't looked in years. They made the CAI built Vz.2008 barrels from what I remember. Chrome lined bores came on the Vz.58, I have both the CzechPoint and the CAI version, the CzechPoint is chrome lined with a barrel extension to make it legal length. The chamber inserts are sketchy, they are usually held in with threadlock, but can work loose and that's a mess.  I've found it easier and cheaper just to buy the 7.62x45 ammo for my Vz.52 when I find it or see it.. :)

BishopofBling:
So the SKS stripper can work fine in a VZ 52/57? I always felt they were a bit long. I regrettably sold my VZ52 so I brought another but I would really like if a company made a 7.62x39mm replacement barrel.

I actually contact S&B not too long ago and they said they had a ton of request to resume production of the 7.62x45mm and were interested but COVID + a Democrat being reelected had their production capabilities strained and adding a new caliber wasn't feasible. I assume when things calm down they may make new production ammo.

Greasemonkey:
The Vz stripper is a carbon copy of the SKS. I've used the same stripper clips in the Vz.52, Vz.58 and SKS. thumb1  On the barrel, you may get someone to custom build one from a barrel blank, but it won't be cheap, I just remember Green Mountain having them years ago. There is a company who does load 7.62x45 here in the states in random batches.. I have a few boxes of it, I prefer the surplus stuff. https://www.buffaloarms.com/7-62x45-czechoslovakian-ammo-1-amo76245.html  it's also the only place I could find 32 French Longue ammo, if only they would do .41 Swiss now..  :))

BMont:
Ive not been able to get my yugo stripper clips or the other random clips to work with my 52/57....they are too thick.  How can you tell if the clip is a CZ stripper?  Would love to grab about 25 of them ... any one know a source? 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version