General Milsurp Weapons > All the rest

M91 (and other) Carcano's

(1/12) > >>

Cz315:
There seems to be a big influx of Carcano's from Ethiopia (?). I see them in different places in the 200-250 range. All reports point to very uneven quality, though. Basically a crapshoot. Did anyone here get those? Any intel on better places to buy from? I'm thinking whether I should take a chance on those before they run out. 

Justin Hell:
I believe it's Royal Tiger bringing them in...they seemed to have quite a few last week when I was checking out their stock.

Phosphorus32:
Royal Tiger Imports (IO Inc.) brought in all of the Ethiopian sourced guns, including those Carcanos. Condition is poor to fair on most of the stuff they brought in, which they call fair to very good. I'd avoid them.

Almost at the same time, PW Arms imported a number of Carcanos, directly from Italy from what I've found out. I bought an antique M91 Carbine, aka Moschetto Modello 1891 (folding spike bayonet) from Dan's Ammo that was from the PW Arms batch.  I was very happy with the condition of it. DK Firearms has also had these. I haven't checked either site recently to see what they have.

agrace:
Kinda wished I would have asked this question :).

I recently bought 2 Carcano's. One from Classic Arms, a Cavalry model.  Then I ordered an M91 from Palmetto.  I don't have either of them yet, Palmetto has yet to ship the one I ordered. The one from Classic should be in this week.  I can let you know what I got. I did read the reviews on Palmetto, there were 3 or 4 really bad reviews and the remainder were all 3 to 5 stars. 

Guess I will see and hope for the best.

I checked my order at Palmetto, it had not shipped, so I just went ahead and canceled it. The Calvary model will be all I am getting at this point.  I may look other places, but after thinking on it, I may just use that money for another purchase.

Cz315:
Thanks @Phosphorus32! Looks like DK Firearms still has them but Dan's Ammo does not. I guess I'll give DK Firearms a shot.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version