Author Topic: PSA KS47 back from paint.  (Read 4844 times)

Offline sksmcrossvilletn

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Marksman
Re: PSA KS47 back from paint.
« Reply #20 on: June 23, 2020, 07:50:43 AM »

Offline ffjoey

• Rifleman
« Reply #21 on: June 23, 2020, 03:29:17 PM »
Good looking example of a pretty neat platform.

Offline sksmcrossvilletn

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Marksman
« Reply #22 on: June 26, 2020, 05:50:21 AM »
Thanks,

I like it alot.

Offline sksmcrossvilletn

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Marksman
« Reply #23 on: June 28, 2020, 09:48:33 AM »
So with the mbt2s trigger I was having light strikes on some Chinese brown cases ammo I had with the head stamp 71 over 82. It was firing everything else fine. 

So on a hunch I ordered a red x firing pin and when it came in I compared it to the psa one. It was the same length but appeared to have a beefier tip on it.

So then I removed the psa h buffer that weighed 3.2 ounces and replaced it with a spikes tactical t2 buffer at 4.5 ounces with the 308 spring. 

Im happy to report it now flawlessly ignites the brown cased Chinese as well as everything else I put through it. 

Offline auskip07

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rifleman
« Reply #24 on: July 24, 2020, 10:05:49 PM »
Good looking setup,  neat how it takes AK mags

Mine is just a standard AR chambered in 7.62   using ASC mags      PSA barrel  that shoots wolf / tula steel case at 1moa which shocked the hell out of me.   

Offline sksmcrossvilletn

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Marksman
« Reply #25 on: July 28, 2020, 05:35:09 AM »
People have always said 7.62x39 is inaccurate.  Ive always said they don't know how to shoot correctly.  The psa ks47 has a mid weight barrel that's kind of fat.  But it shoots one ragged hole if I do my part. Nitriding helps also.  It's a proven fact nitride barrels are more accurate than chrome lined barrels.

Offline auskip07

• Rifleman
« Reply #26 on: July 31, 2020, 07:52:30 AM »

Found a picture of my 7.62x39 3 shot group  @100, It did this all day long.    I have since bough Tula ammo and will see how that performs vs Wolf .  Im not expecting the same performance.

Offline Greatguns

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Trade Count: (+22)
  • Sniper
  • Inventor of the Intrafuse folding adapter.
« Reply #27 on: July 31, 2020, 08:49:37 AM »
People have always said 7.62x39 is inaccurate.  Ive always said they don't know how to shoot correctly.  The psa ks47 has a mid weight barrel that's kind of fat.  But it shoots one ragged hole if I do my part. Nitriding helps also.  It's a proven fact nitride barrels are more accurate than chrome lined barrels.

In my experience, it always seemed like the Yugo's(non-chrome lined) were more accurate than the Chinese(Chrome lined) that I have had. I was taught the only reason for the Chrome was to aid in barrel life in battle situations.
My Avatar is a pic of the real "Ghost" SKS in honor of xxxsks(joe). It is a pic of a fully decked out SKS in Capco hunter's kit. This was mine, the only other pic I had ever seen of one was Joe's.

Offline auskip07

• Rifleman
« Reply #28 on: July 31, 2020, 01:00:22 PM »

In my experience, it always seemed like the Yugo's(non-chrome lined) were more accurate than the Chinese(Chrome lined) that I have had. I was taught the only reason for the Chrome was to aid in barrel life in battle situations.

you are right.   Barrel life for high rate of fire was the main reason...   

Offline sksmcrossvilletn

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Marksman
« Reply #29 on: October 03, 2020, 10:41:37 AM »
This is by far my favorite rifle thus far. I plan on at some point getting one of the PSA lightweight .308 rifles as well.